Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry for writing in Spanish. I think language barrier was a problem for someone to understand what was being said to him considering his replies.

I just wrote the same thing that has been already said in several posts: rf2 performs way better with PCI 3.0 compared to PCI 2.0.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Any chance of a developer reply to the issue,may stop future threads detailing into a pcie issue threads,but then again maybe not lol

qusimano, Ari Antero and Mibrandt like this.
  3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes guys, please create a specific thread speaking about PCIe x16 2.0, to continue to alert S397 on this performance issue.

And yes, as Christopher said, "just chill a little".

Clemenca and Max Dralle like this.
  4. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Back to 1109 update topic then.
    Why GJED doesn't work with it?
    :p

5. filippu

filippu Registered

gJed is intented mostly for modders, so they won't care. At least the viewer is still working...

If they already don't know about the issue after countless pages of arguing in their own forum, I don't know what will tell them.

ECAR_Tracks and qusimano like this.
  6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The issue exists since an eternity. Unfortunately, it seems necessary to insist.

7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Anybody got any clues? Updated to 1109, and tried to use rain with the GT3 car pack. I set the rain drops in options to high, all reflections to high, and PP to Low. But while I see rain in the distance, I never see any rain drops on the car itself (bodywork) nor on the windscreen. I try to use the default W key to activate the wipers, but they don't. I can see the rain on the track surface as reflections and also the puddle buildup. But no rain drops. I have an AMD R9 280, latest drivers.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are you sure you are using the non beta release? In steam, right click on the game name and choose properties, then the beta tab and opt out of beta. Then close everything and restart steam and rf2. See if that helps.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Sounds like you are either on a DX9 build or you don't have the latest GT3 pack update from the workshop. Originally wipers didn't work but they got enabled in the December update.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

Iracing have announced
    Day and night transitions
    Ai
    New tyre model version
    And lots of new content

all for release in 2018,with Rain to soon follow.

It’s going to be an interesting year for sim racers,I truly hope s397 can deliver what they have outlined,but most importantly,fix issues,bugs and release features and content with no crippling issues,because that’s iracings Achilles heel,features not working as intended for yrs on end.

The only thing keeping me away from iracing is their tyre model,i got 3months sub and have used it for like 4races and just quit again.
    But if this new version of the tyre model fixes the issues that have plagued it for so long,then honestly,I I will be torn between rf2 and iracing.
    If iracing deliver what they have set out,it will be on par with rf2,for physics,but ahead on the competitive aspect.

Either way sim racing is looking mighty tasty for the years to come.

Off topic,but I’m posting this in hopes of s397 letting some more cats out of the bag

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Ai .... really?
    could get me interested if there is a offline mode to.

12. patchedupdemon

Would you really pay the subscription price to race ai offline though

13. ivaldi85

ivaldi85 Registered

Hello to all, I apologize if the problem has already been detected with consequent advice to solve it but not knowing English is for me a problem to read 50 pages ..
    I have a medium-high end PC (I7-6700, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, AsRock H170 Pro4s, I-Chill Gtx 1070). With this machine and with the recommended settings on the first page for high-end PC I can not go above 45 frames on a Full HD screen (1920x1080), I tried to switch from W7 to W10, installed on Hard Disk and then on SSD but no change.
    If you go from to dx11 to dx9 with the same video settings but using the triple monitor (5760x1080) by magic the frames do not fall below 70. Someone with my same problem has solved?
    Thanks

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Just a note to say that after 2 weeks away I tested the rain effects (and DX11) with one of my favourite combos, the Nords 24 and the Nissan GTR GT1.
    Loved it, those rain drops and the wipers. Having got used to the plain DX9 it ramped it up a level.
    Thanks Studio 397, well done.

15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Not unless they offer a reduced subscript-cost for offline-only users. I can understand that they need to create income but, the current model still makes it too expensive compared to other titles - AI or not. AI are being added primarily to draw more people into the online aspect.

For those that play online and / or play iRacing exclusively, AI may not make any difference at all but, it should make the title more attractive for beginners through a alternate path to advance.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    ECAR_Tracks and patchedupdemon like this.
  16. patchedupdemon

Unless they sepereate online subscription and have a offline one time fee base package,I can’t see it drawing any more people in.
    You still have to buy content either way,which is still expensive compared to other titles.
    They are creating career modes and ai championships,which risk diluting the official series already running.
    Will be interesting to see how this pans outs

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Am I the only one who can still see raindrops inside of my car?

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What car?

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

All new GT3

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Have you got the latest version of the GT3 Pack?
    Have you verified RF2 files to make sure none have got corrupt over time?