Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

car stat still works, just not on encrypted cars like the entire GT3 pack. Expect anything with DLC to be locked up tight.

2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

So why it is a secret and not published? In real the teams get the tire data also, right? Same for opt. break temp, engine characteristices (power over rpm, lifetime over rpm).

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

because if the cars were not encrypted, one person could share them and nobody would BUY the cars. Which would prevent S397 from earning $$ to fund further improvements to rF2.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The above and licensing agreements in place prevent users from seeing the data.

5. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

When do we get more skins for the cars, only McLaren has a littel selection of skins, but all the others.... ??

Mibrandt likes this.
  6. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I dont expect the full data set non-ecrypted, I´d like some coarse charts showing some base characteristics which should be no big secret. Driving race cars, GT quite often in endurance events, without knowing how the tires behave over time is ridicolous! No real team would start racing without knowing how the tires are designed to work!

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well, there are a few things you can look at, in other cars. GT3's use steel brakes, so search out other cars with steel brakes and you 'should' find a temperature sweet spot. For tires? there are several new HUDs that show quite a-lot of tire information, you can try using one of those and begin running laps to verify parameters for the tires. Don't forget, GT3 cars use Traction Control and ABS braking.
    best of luck

8. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

How the tires behave over a lap and over a long run is obvious in, well, their behavior.
    With the vanilla client you have already lots of information regarding tire wear and tire temps on the inside/mid/outside tire and you have the driving experience and lap/sector times for the rest.
    In sims you can look into a file and find what is the optimal setting for whatever, in real life you cannot and have to test.
    It would be very convenient to look into a data file and get the optimal camber value except it wouldn't be nice/challenging/realistic.
    First time I drove these cars I could immediately tell these tires behave very differently to everything I had come across in RF2 so far and they will so easily overheat resulting in performance degradation, despite the actual tire longevity being very high.
    I feel it is down to me to evaluate what is going on and how deep I want to get into these things.
    You get out what you put in, you don't want to spend a lot of time testing then just go for a nice base setup and go racing.
    And real teams do not have the luxury of sim-testing.
    They will get some recommendations from the manufacturer to get going and that's that.
    You get a baseline setup from the "manufacturer" as well to use and it is already a pretty good one rather than the usual understeering dog.

aguy0523 likes this.
  9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I agree that my wish does not avoid the requirement of testing, however it would redcue the amount probably. How do you set the brake cooling if you don´t know about optimum brake temperature for example?
    This way everyone has to waste a lot of time finding out the sweet spots, why not publishing some design data like carstat would show (which is NO big secret data imo) ? Wouldn´t take much timefor the developers but saves a lot of time for people like me. I´m not a student nor jobless...
    Thx

SPASKIS likes this.
  10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree.
    Drivers and team engineers do have access to such data which in many cases is irrelevant to the manufacturer to provide it. Most series uses common commercial tires. There are only a few brake manufacturers. Engine torque curves can be easily obtained with telemetry so there is no secret either. If you can test the car all these values can be estimated quite thoroughly by any interested competitor, so why do not provide them? It makes no sense.

MMartin likes this.
  11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

When are the official skins coming for this pack? Surely it cant take that long to get licenses for liveries? Also my side mirrors are useless - they dont point backwards, how can that be passing beta testing unnoticed?

peterchen likes this.
  12. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Is anyone else getting stuttering with this pack? I bought it yesterday, and noticed some bad stuttering running these cars.

Edit: It seems it is track specific, I was running on NOLA when I noticed the stuttering, tried a few other tracks with little to no stuttering.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  13. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

What are you looking for? Keep steel brakes around 500 - 600 C under heavy load and tire/water temps around 95 C. Adjust tire pressure/camber to keep inner, mid and outer close to each other in a corner. Keep RPMs over 6000. Those values don't change much in GT3.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  14. Christos Segkounas

15. Christos Segkounas

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It was talked in the past but I can't remember where.

Could someone point out the livery names and templates to be used to modify Callaway Corvette windshield?
    Thanks in advance...

18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

There is a Callaway template .psd in the Templates folder but I haven't got anything on this computer to open it.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I already have that but it's only the paint. I have already edited that. I need to edit windows

20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Callaway_Corvette_GT3_2017\CALLAWAYC7_77
    I just found that and there were a few mas files and one had an altWindow .dds in it.
    Not being much of a skinner I'm not sure if that is what you're after or even if you have anything in that location.
    I'm not sure but they could have come from the league race I did last night.

SPASKIS likes this.