Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. demerzel

demerzel Registered

I know it's super popular to trash Assetto Corsa among the fans of rFactor 2. But when an rFactor 2 developer plays regularly Assetto Corsa you know the game is fine and doesn't deserve the crap it gets.

2. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Wait and see... all speculation... VR runs pretty good in AC

s397 need a lot of optimisation, VR is the upcoming way of simulations, with next generation of rift and co triple monitos systems are outdated, so the have to work on it, at the moment VR needs to much hardware resources..

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I have different opinion, despite rF2 is my number one "Sim" i think Kunos did a pretty decent job with AC. If they can improve or make things right for the next series i think they have a good chance to make a serious rF2 competitor...

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

They will do as others did before, they will follow their same line;)
    I hope they improve, so I'll use it again, but after selling so many dlc for now making a box ($), is not a good sign:mad::confused::(

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, the guy also ignores the pretty big number of hardcore rF1 drivers and modders that went to AC instead of rF2.

Clemenca likes this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

You know Studio 397 now goes down the DLC road too? At much higher price tag I must add... ;)

On a different topic, I’m fairly new here and would like to know what the green bar on the left upper screen after pressing ctrl+f 3 times indicates. With my settings it’s 3/4 filled. Is that acceptable or should I tweak around a bit more?
    Thx

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

studio 397 sells a GT3 PACK DLC, but does not sell a new game like for example: project cars 1, project car 2, codemasterf1 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017, now assetto crosa 1 and 2 says the companion , rfactor 2 born 2013 and before isi and now studio 397, they continue to give support, studio step to dx11, the rain came, tire improvement, improved climate change, and they keep fixing things and improving day by day, I bought formula E support them to continue their work, nobody does it for free, and buy gt3 in addition to supporting them, because I like it, and it is well done. how many DLC has sold assetto corsa ?. people are free to choose the simulator that each person wants, simply this is the one that I choose for me,it's the best in my opinion

answer in the third post of Max Angelo, R.I.P.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/spiegazione-barre-verde-e-viola.42127/

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

AC lacks some pretty basic "Sim" features ; engine-start / stall, manual pit-limiter, clutch-support in sequential-shift cars, proper gear-box & drive-train elasticity modeling, etc. Granted, some of these have some work-a-round's in place and may not be game-breaker's but, many of these are "Standard" features in most simulations and have been for a long time, and they are something that us immersion junkies really enjoy. Even SMS are including such features and more. Hopefully, having extra programming help will be enough for Kunos to take things to the next level with their next title.

Emery, Rui Santos, Guimengo and 3 others like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

AC was an ongoing development also, AC2 will most probably not like the „games“ you quoted, but a hole new development...
    No concrete info about that yet.
    But you do Kunos a disfavor to diss them in advance!

Thx for the answer to my question!

Clemenca and juanchioooo like this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Dang I don’t speak that language... google translate..,

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I do not speak English either;)

12. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Same question. It also appears in rfactor1 but nobody can tell you what it indicates.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

I support both Sims, have all AC DLC and all RF2 DLC, i will never drive this stupid e-cars, but i bought to support.. Btw my Simcarrer started with F1GP1 by Geoff Crammond on Amiga 500 :cool:

I just want to have nice driving sims ! RF2 is on a good way, have to find performance in VR, VR is the future ! AC is ok with his limitations an with his great modding community (Stracker/Ptracker, Tracks... and so on), AC2 is completely new source, we will see in 2019 hopefully

SPASKIS and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Even after Google translate it's quite clear:

Yes, the bar on the left indicates the video memory used, with the green part showing the free memory.

There would also be a red line just below the green bar, but it is good to never see, indicating the possible access to the disk (with heavy heavy stuttering caused by the slowness of the HDD)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. EMY

EMY Registered

is it possible to have the rain effect as in the video for open wheel cars?or this effect on camera car?

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

@Studio397 devs:
    Please do a FULL documentation on rFactor2 settings when you find the time!
    It would be highly appreciated...

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

bwana likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Go to racedepartment , they have a pretty good doc .you do realise that people have been using this sim for nearly 7 years and the obvious downfalls are well noted and well know , writing a full doc on rf2 which is still changing seems futile

juanchioooo likes this.