More isi cars

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Omelete, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Some rally :p

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Which combo is that? Is it public?

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Doesn't use real data; rubbish mod! :p

4. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Is Karelia Cross by Kittx reworked by me,not public this version,the car is the Audi Quattro S1,also private,it was a request by the Sim rigs company that i work in part time :)

SPASKIS likes this.
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is easy to run 1.55 in Silverstone with S397 GT3 cars which is about 3-4 secs faster then in real and when you can drive so much faster with S397 GT3 cars it is close to sim arcade.
    I agree with you more "ISI" cars like Marussia MR01, Renault 3.5 2010, Corvette GT2 etc. ;)

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

With enough rubber on track if you are an alien any car will drive faster than real life even if it is made with enough real data. I doubt any sim can get tire/rubber on track/track grip right.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

simulation is that simulate, because it is 3 km per hour faster or 3 seconds, not for that reason it is less simulation, since you can not simulate everything to perfection, neither the teams of formula 1 with their simulators do not obtain it

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

So does that mean the GT3 pack is a crap mod? :p

9. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

I agree that these are all great cars, but still strange to mention them in relation with real-life times.

The Marussia and the Renault 2010 are also multiple seconds faster then real-life counterparts. Not as extreme as the 2014 FR 3.5, but still.
    Every car in the game that I've checked in the past actually is. Including every single one which was berated in forums with comments like "ice-feeling" and unrealisticaly low grip etc.

10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Too many factors at play to blame the cars alone,one of the biggest is how can you compare times when non of the tracks are laser scanned,or if the the scale of track to car is off then that also will play a role,then there’s weather etc

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

They are only 3 to 4 seconds a lap faster if you are an alien, so for me they are pretty spot on in lap time then.

12. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

At Bathurst the lap times are 10 seconds slower than reality.Is the track longer?

13. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

There are a number of parametres and huge variables, and for each parameter the degree of realism is extremely variable.

It's like the national lottery, having good at 2 or 3 numbers is feasible. But having the 8 numbers ... almost impossible.

Guys, let's just know that RF2 is very by far the most realistic simulation of the market open to the public, and not only a little ...

And even if hypothetically we consider that physics are in their entirety a 98% as realistic as reality, the realroad is 98% as realistic as in reality, the wind / temperature / rain / aquaplanning and wet track algorithms are reproduced in perfect adequacy with the track tested, and the ISI / S397 cars all use real data very accurate and perfectly integrated with the physics system ...

99.5% of the RF2 tracks are not laser scanned, and even those that are have a level of detail ultra below that of reality, there is not the true values of grip coefficient to the cm2 (not to mention the realroad ...).

We can not judge the level of realism of a simulation on : "the radical GT3 is less than half a second of the official record time".

We do not have any at all here in terms of realism ...

Let's start by making all the next non-fiction tracks in quality scanned laser, and continue to improve all the other aspects that we know.

But I think this is an endless debate.

All that we can hope for is that after the release of the UI / HUD, and ESPECIALLY the optimization of the graphics engine (performance), S397 reinvests itself very diligently on all aspects of realism.

After almost a 1.5 year of massive investment in ergonomics / graphics / immersion, it will be time after the release of the UI / HUD to work again thoroughly on physics / fictional tracks of high physical quality and scanned laser , realroad, wet runway, wind-temperature type etc., and everything else.

In parallel, performance and debugging. RF2 is beautifull enough now, let's go to perf. improvement........

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Real drivers are not that bad. I would consider them aliens as well.

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Let me guess... Starting with the Nords? :p

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Looking for fight male 27, perhaps you should be dry behind the ears first o_O

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I believe it is what the yoof of today would call 'bantz'