Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Its quite clear that we don't have a better reference. I know numbers fluctuate. It is precisely by looking periodically the only way to have a rough estimate of how the game is performing in sales.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm a sucker for Graphs & Stats @Mulero thanks for that one above :)

The issue of RF2 Player Numbers has been done to death a thousand times since 2012 yet people still like to drag it up like a wet carpet, just join a league and have fun instead of nitpicking every time 10,000 new users pass us by!

kro388th, bwana and juanchioooo like this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

But all we have had is slightly better graphics and few new cars,and rain drops,why would that be enough to buck the trend drastically.
    I don’t mean to undermine the work s397 have done,but in the grand scheme of things,rf2 is still rf2 and hasn’t really changed much.
    Again I don’t mean to sound like I’m playing down the effort or work s397 has done,but as a product,rf2 as a whole is basically still the same

juanchioooo and Will Mazeo like this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for the long term owner evolution graph. How do you get it? I am unable to find it.

For what it seems, from yesterday to today the short term graph has changed substantially. Yesterday it was one day outdated and with the last two days values a 10% userbase increase is shown. Considering the typical trend the graph shows we have to be cautious in the sales estimate since after a big peak usually a sever drop-down occurs. Refunds?

In any case I am glad I was wrong. Let's hope those figures start increasing even further.
    Screenshot_20171227-193429.png

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

@SPASKIS: you kind of have a point, that rF2 is the sim wich struggles the most to get new owners and and extend the playerbase, but you have to keep in mind that rF2 is a niche product within a niche market suited for a very special audience. You don't get many people excited with complex tech demos these days, but rather with huge car lists with copy and paste physics, a big track rosters with laser scanned tracks and a great presentation.That horse has been beaten to death allready, but if you think that you will see big influx of new players for a product like rF2, then I think that your expectations are a bit optimistic, even if it is the most damn aweome thing to hammer down through the banking at fake-Monza in a T70-ish bath tub in the pouring rain. Next to the fact that rF2 requires quite some time to get into, that people aren't willed to spend these days as time seems to be moving faster and faster and people get impatient for no apparent reason, rF2 as quite a bad reputation for several reasons, that might be right or wrong, but it's a long process to polish that image. And that's exactly what S397 is trying to do right now to build a foundation for the upcoming years, atleast that's how I read their plans. So stay relaxed, enjoy what you have, give some feedback on the negatives and have a beer ... or two :D

fsuarez79, John, bwana and 4 others like this.
  6. Mulero

Mulero Registered

From here. https://steamdb.info/app/365960/graphs/ You only see the long term from the PC and I think recently.

No. Estimation of sales is based on players with public profile who play rF2 and do not know what else. When a DLC or an update is released, the number of players increases and SteamSpy calculates. When players go down, sales go down.

Basically it's something like 20% of Steam players have a public profile. 10k different people with public profile have played rF2 .... rF2 has sold 50k copies.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Erick3331

Erick3331 Registered

Hello guys,I would like to ask for some help. If I start the game, always write to me :
    " rfactor2 deprecated dx9 graphich engine please upgrade to dx11 "
    now I updated the directX11 and always the same mistake :(

Could someone help me ? Thanks in advance ;)

Attached Files:

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Are you sure about that?
    The estimation of owners seems to be unrelated to the number of players.
    In any case the point that those numbers vary significantly and that after a peak you should expect a valley remains.

As you say in the mobile the long term graph does not appear. Or at least not in my device.

9. patchedupdemon

I think that’s a clear case of people trying rf2 and getting a refund because nothing really game changing has happened.
    Let’s hope s397 can buck this trend when they really get into their stride of updating this game,but hopefully they will continue to rework the core of rf2 before adding more glitter,first impressions are everything

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Those who really have figures and should be interested are: studio 397, if they go ahead for something it will be ...nobody throws stones against their own roof

health and strength to the joint ...... happy new year 2108;):):):):):D:D:D:D:rolleyes::):):D:D:D:D

patchedupdemon likes this.
  11. Tony

Tony Registered

Have you tried this Erick: start Steam, go to Library, then right-click rFactor 2 & choose Properties

Then look at UPDATES & see that "Always keep this game up to date" is checked

And click on BETAS ..& mine is set to "None - opt out of all beta programs"

Or the lengthy but fail-safe way is to right-click rFactor 2 & choose "Uninstall" then re-install :eek:

bwana, Seven Smiles and Erick3331 like this.
  12. Erick3331

Erick3331 Registered

Thank you Tony, now it work ;););)

13. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

That's because the game has been dead since 2012 dopey. It's you for some reason who cannot understand why that minor issue gets dragged up like a wet carpet from time to time. I guess you just can't handle the truth.
    Chance would be a fine thing, dopey.
    Heh! You really went all out with this one! I guess them 10,000 came, and went? Your living on a different planet mate, intentionally so I think.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    peterchen likes this.
  14. patchedupdemon

Now now,let’s not take it to the play ground

Hparadine and juanchioooo like this.
  15. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

That's a fine idea.Or lets not bring IN the playground we could say also.

16. patchedupdemon

Touché

Or let’s not bring in the playground we could “also say”
    Tomaytows tomartoes

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If it's dead since then it cant die again. So why stick to player numbers every month like it will die? If it is already dead isn't the people bringing the same stats once a month the ones that cant handle the truth?
    I mean once you die you die, RIP, hasta la vista, goodbye, arrivederci, さよなら, adeus. Move on.

18. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Nonsense.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Good to see your back with your pearls of wisdom :rolleyes:

20. stonec

stonec Registered

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/365960,431600,211500

Funny how those AMS and Raceroom devs keep developing their dead games, they are not doing any better than rF2. Let's kill off all but the biggest sim, win win for everyone o_O.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Emery, bwana and juanchioooo like this.