Graphical Glitch after new update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Valerio Ferraris, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Valerio Ferraris

Valerio Ferraris Registered

Hey guys, since yesterday's update I've experienced two strange glitches: first one is a glittering in some parts of the cockpit, second one is probably related as it is a strange light coming off the Safety Car. These problems came up with GT3 cars (Bentley and Mercedes), while for example the Nissan 370z GT4 had no problems.

GRAB_007.JPG GRAB_008.JPG GRAB_009.JPG

My graphical settings are set as suggested on rF2's Facebook page (lowest ones), while video settings from the launcher are these:

graph.png

Only thing I tried to change there was "mode" (windowed/borderless/fullscreen) but didn't make any difference what I was running.
    Also, changing post effects from "low" to "none" reduced the glittering a bit, but still didn't remove it. Same thing happened changing sync from "none" to "video".
    I've already tried to verify files through Steam or made a clean installation with no results.

Since I've run out of ideas on what I might be doing wrong I'm looking for some suggestions.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

From the release notes:
    • If you are experiencing strange graphical issues, delete the contents of your cbash and shader folders located in \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log

Those shaders and Cbash are in your UserData folder. With an rFactor 2 steam uninstall (or any other game), the UserData folder won’t be deleted.

3. Valerio Ferraris

Valerio Ferraris Registered

I tried that before making a clean installation but didn't do the trick unfortunately.

4. Fredo

Fredo Registered

Hi, i had no problem with previous DX11 beta version v1108 but with this last version same problem as Valerio, with other cars too like Megane 2 trophy, and open wheel cars mod i tried. Exaclty same as the screenshot , on a GTX980.
    Delete UserData didn't solve anything, even removing temp for nvidia shaders.

5. Bastian Paisler

Bastian Paisler Registered

Same here...
    No solution yet.

[​IMG]

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

7. Eric Little

Eric Little Registered

Would be great if the software company actually tested their stuff first (they pushed this "upgrade" to me) but that seems to not be the business model here. Have had similar problems before and the response is always, "we don't know what the problem is, ask the community." Hope they fix this problem but I will not hold my breath. The likely answer will be to wait a couple of years, do an obscure google search, find 30 different answers and pray that one actually works (and yes, I have already deleted the contents of the cbash and shader folders). Also, if I try to play the game with this graphics glitch, it eventually freezes the program and I have to use task manager to end the process. So it is not just ugly graphics for me but the complete inability to use the product (money well spent).

Sorry to be the rFactor2 downer but their lack of quality control has become epic.

So Studio-397, the gauntlet challenge is thrown. Prove me wrong. Come up with a solution quickly and notify all software owners so that they don't have to use google to figure out how to fix your product. (Hint, the solution may simply be to return to the prior version that worked).

Then again, maybe we are looking at it wrong. Perhaps this is just their effort to simulate metalic paint schemes.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Valerio Ferraris likes this.
  8. Gijs van Elderen

Are your graphic drivers up-to-date?

9. Eric Little

Eric Little Registered

Yep.

10. Bastian Paisler

Bastian Paisler Registered

11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

After updating my gpu drivers this is not happening anymore on my end. Changed from 359 to 388 (nvidia).

12. Eric Little

Eric Little Registered

Thanks for this and sorry to Gijs van Elderen. Who knew there was an update in the last 8 days? My fault for not checking.

All that said, this is not better. While the graphics problem is gone, now it just goes to the black screen of death as soon as I click race.

If I roll back the driver, I get the graphics glitch and about 30 seconds before the black screen of death.

Hope all the folks at Studio-397 are having a nice nap. Clearly none of them have time to test their product with such a boutique graphics card as Nvidia.

13. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Don't be an asshole. We tested with all types and no one had any of these problems.

Max Dralle likes this.
  14. stonec

stonec Registered

If you had registered here right after the problem appeared you would probably have a solution already. The forum generally works pretty well for solving these type of problems, the community is always more knowledgeable than some single support guy from S397. It would be helpful to get your PC specs to start with, with no information it's difficult to help.

15. Eric Little

Eric Little Registered

At least I didn't call the folks at the Studio an "asshole". Guess I just expect more from them than you do.

Valerio Ferraris likes this.
  16. Eric Little

Eric Little Registered

I did. I don't play the game every day. My main point is that it should not be the users that need to figure out the problems that the Studio's software has. I am glad that people will share their experience so I can try to get it to run. That said, my challenge to the studio stands as posted in #7. I would love it if they solved their own technical issues. Particularly one that seems to impact not just me.

As for specs:
    Intel i3-4130 @ 3.4 GHz
    16.0 GB of RAM
    Windows 7
    Video - Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 (Driver 388.71)

Thanks for any suggestions that may be offered.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Thanks. GTX 650 I suspect is a 1 GB card (there is a 2 GB version as well I think), which will be terribly limiting for rF2. With 1 GB of VRAM you would probably be safer to first test running with lowest circuit detail, texture detail and opponent detail settings. Even 2 GB is on the limit when you run the game with suggested settings and more than a couple of AI's.

Also make sure you are not running the game in 32-bit mode from launcher and make sure you test with stock content (Silverstone etc.) first, some mods are known to cause periodic crashes/freezes with old Nvidia cards, especially in DX9 mode.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

After the last update something happened

GRAB_004.JPG GRAB_005.JPG

19. Eric Little

Eric Little Registered

All video settings are off or on their lowest. Not running in 32 bit mode. Crashes at Silverstone with the Megane, Skip Barber, and Howston (all I believe were original to the software). Graphics card shows it has 4 GB total memory with 1GB of dedicated memory.

Thanks again.

20. Gijs van Elderen

The dark side in the showroom is a known issue. Nothing wrong on your end.
    I hope it will be fixed soon.

juanchioooo likes this.