Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

after 10 minutes and 2 attempts with settings.

i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz. GTX 1060 Strix 6GB overclocked. 16GB ram

RF2 settings maxed out except shadows and shadow blur one click below max.
    25 AI in the rain
    DX post effects on high
    1080p
    65-75 fps

I'm good.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    bwana and patchedupdemon like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you pretend to play in 4 k at 60 fps, for that you need a very big machine, and a great graphic card, and even then you will have problems more than once, your error was to put 4k instead of more hertz and less resolution

patchedupdemon likes this.
  3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Thats why im asking broski,i see a lot of PC experts here,im a f..... noob hehe,i need more than one recomendation,also i dont play online,basicly only moding and some drift whit trainer :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Can be my configuration must be regarded as low-end and very little powerful? but I don't think ... all of the same, my GPU was in the top 3 of the best benchmarck there are 4 years ... my CPU is old but trusted name.

I've tested Assetto Corsa there are few months : all actually Max without exception, with AI = 100% fluid on the nordschleife.

My configuration:

- i5 2500k OC + 15%
    - GTX 780 OC + 23%
    - motherboard in PCIe x16 2.0
    - 16gb Ram in 1370 GHz about
    - SSD
    - 52" full HD TV
    - computer perfectly cools down
    - Windows 7 really highly optimized.

Parameters of the game :

- 1k with AA level 3
    - pp off
    - vsync = on / video
    - track details = full
    - texture details = full
    - opponent detail = low
    - auto detail FPS = on / 60
    - anisotropic = x16
    - soft particles = off
    - Shadows = Ultra with shadow blur = off
    - special fx = low
    - environment reflection = off
    - road reflection = off
    - rain drops = low.

time scale = off, 1 rearview with 90 meters only, Max headlights = 0, headlights on cars = off, backfire at 15 FPS (against 30).

Parameters driver NVIDIA = standard (except frames pre-made = 1).

EDIT :
    With parameters widely lowest, or even taking the settings low end proposed by Christopher Elliott by lowering also (and without AA and full HD), impossible to play in reasonable terms with 4 to 8 have only.

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

What resolution do you use,the 780 isn’t a 4K card.

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Man........

I played without any problem in 4K and max driver settings with AI since may.

With the the new build I play in 1K........

Read the following message

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Lol.... I'm not stupid. Since the last DX11 version, FULL HD !

8. patchedupdemon

You say you’re not stupid but you are using ultra shadows lol

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Without shadow blur.

10. Comante

Comante Registered

I would start deleting your player.json, you seem to have put your hands in things you'd better left alone.
    Then I would start prioritizing important settings, putting them on high or max, once your FPS are back in saddle, then you can start tinkering with eyecandy. If you are really going to drive on the nords, by night, under the storm, with 30 GT3 ahead of you, then some compromise should be made. Eyecandy and effects are raised until they affect your gameplay. Shadows, softparticles,rain drops, are probably the last thing to try to raise.
    I have ONLY a r9-280x, I play in 1960x1050, and it run just fine but I prefer FPS over eyecandy, so I managed the settings accordingly. I don't know if my settings could make me run on the nords, by night, under the storm with 30 AI... it's not my can of worms. But you can't really blame RF2 for your obscene passions :D

bwana and juanchioooo like this.
  11. Mulero

Mulero Registered

And even then they still do not look at all well. It is impossible for me to play with shadows below Ultra, it makes me extremely distracted to see the shadows generated in front of the car. I prefer to sacrifice other things, but if there is no other option, it's better to deactivate them. And more if it is to play without AI.

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you use very bad configuration for the hardware that you have , you are very wrong,
    As it pretends to go full shades with GTX 780 OC, where will it go with that? and over to 4k? you talk to me recently about graphic configuration and have less idea than me

(- Shadows = Ultra with shadow blur = off) - Shadows = low ,-- shadow blur = fast , anisotroipic x 8
    - vsync = off
    - track details = hig
    - texture details = hig
    - opponent detail = medium
    - environment reflection = low
    - road reflection = low
    AA level 1
    - pp low

player json- max framerate 70 fps you will have an amazing improvement

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

rfactor 2 has more graphic calculations with the new rain, but also has physical math calculations, as compared to a totally arcade game

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

high configuration you do not even go with a gtx 1060, I recommend a minimum of a gtx 1060 or a amd 480 or an amd 580, you can go with other cards a little earlier, but when it is high configuration there are already performance problems

Rastas likes this.
  15. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You did not understand at all :

None of the hundreds of tests that I have done allow to have 60 FPS almost all the time stable, WHEN I USE 4 OR MORE AI.

Most of the tests were done BASED ON S397'S LOW END RECOMMENDATIONS (Christopher Elliot) with almost all the time much lower graphics :

Example :
    Especially I never used shadow blur, the environment reflection always off , I did a dozen tests with rain drops = off, sometimes lowered the details of the cockpit to medium instead of high in the recommendation, almost all my tests were done in low or off for the special effects (against medium recommended ) etc etc etc .... and of course, very quickly I turned off the 4K which worked perfectly before (without shadows), using the full HD resolution.The vast majority of my tests with AI was made WITHOUT AA. 99.9% of my tests were done without PP.

THE GRAPHIC CONFIGURATION I HAVE GIVEN IS WITHOUT AI, because I am forced to drive alone now with this great DX1 version.

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Any performance test under "relatively" favorable conditions is invalid.

Invalid because you absolutely can not draw a global conclusion.

A test aims to have a respectable quality / performance ratio, the performance having a higher importance because we are in a simulation.

Example :

Doing your tests in a track that does not have specifically good performances, at a time when the sun is low (big shadows, complex lighting effects), track where there are actually a lot of reflections and shadows (the Nordschleife is perfect for that), mostly cloudy + rain (because you will have a lot of light effects, a lot of shadows, a lot of high resolution clouds, and rain : all in the same time). It is also necessary to follow the AI without being left behind, or without racing ahead. Use one rearview or more. For the final tests it is necessary to do at least several laps or 2 laps on the nordschliefe (42 km).

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  17. patchedupdemon

With or without they are a killer,and for my eyes there’s not much difference between low and ultra reguarding shadows,graphically.
    I agree shadows look rubbish,I have them switched off,waste of fps for me,but as with everything,graphics are a personal thing,but I choose stable high fps over graphics everytime.

Mulero likes this.
  18. patchedupdemon

You might be better off using official content to do your tests,ten and only then can you even consider to blame rf2 for poor performance.

But I know you like to race the nords and so that’s why you’re testing there,which is understandable.

Seems folks with non 10 series Nvidia cards are having worse performance on dx11 anyway

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I use 16 ai and, I go more than 100 fps in silvertone is what I can tell you

20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I have this impression too.