Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Reverting my drivers back to 388.59 has helped quite a bit on my performance which is back to normal. Still having very poor performance in the rain though, but it seems to be a general issue.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah I always have latest version of Win 10. FPS depends more on cars than track I would say. In my testing I get 90 FPS on Matsusaka with USF and 55 FPS with GT3 cars. You said it used to run butter smooth 2-3 months ago, but I guess that was before GT3 pack was released. It's almost impossible to run a GT3 grid maxed out, especially in VR or higher resolutions. Only way to do it is to own Nvidia 1070 or 1080 series GPU.

3. lockzar

lockzar Registered

Yes some cars/tracks are not optimised, and new GT3s are prolly demanding, but for me GT3s or Spark F1 is the same, feels like some drops below 90 at some part of the track, a lot that i didnt had before.

Im not even talking about a big grid, just by myself or 5-6 AI, same issue.

Hmmm, i had to use these exact same ones for Iracing, because all new drivers since then are glitchy in VR.

Pretty sure i tried already on Rf2, but i think it was before reinstalling Win10, ill try again anyway ;)

4. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'm using 388.13. I generally never upgrade the vid drivers if everything is working satisfactorily. Like the old saying: if it ain't broke...

And lately my league SR4L is running the 917 Porsche. Man what an FPS hog! With other cars I can sometimes jack my shadows ALL THE WAY up to medium! Woo!

5. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Is there a way to get an FPS display in VR mode?

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm not seeing any loss of FPS (dry running) with the recent update unlike others have reported, I am running Oculus Home 1.20 so I wonder if 2.0 Beta is causing some issues as reported in other games as well. I will grab 2.0 again soon as i want to check out the Dash more so I'll see if that does indeed cause an FPS drop.

Rain FPS was poor (for me on my system) which I kinda expected it to be, I'll try Rain on Low and see if that helps (was on Medium.)

7. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

how can i deactivate the head motion in vr, please?

8. elbo

elbo Registered

You can't... long-time problem, never been addressed

sherpa25 likes this.
  9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

What? Headmovement ist adjustable. In German unter Ansicht. Kopfbewegungen den Slider auf 0 setzen.

10. Jerry Schuryk

Jerry Schuryk Registered

Hi Mark,
    Oculus tray tool has a performance metric. Wouldn’t want it on all the time, but it can help for testing changes.

That’s the only way I’ve seen.

Jerry

11. Jerry Schuryk

Jerry Schuryk Registered

My 1070 is still not great with GT3s. Looking forward to Volta release...anybody want to buy a used 1070 in a month or so?

12. Depco

Depco Registered

Maybe if cheap.... Need to replace my r9 290.

13. RicoF

RicoF Registered

Hi all, I bought the rift to race rF2 in vr. All is fine running game locally, but when I try connecting to local server using direct connect (since the server is not visible??!!) I get to the screen to enter password but then I get 'Connection failed'. Issue is VR related cause if I disbale it I connect without issues :(

Any idea? Thank you

14. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks Jerry - am aware of that, was hoping there was something like FRAPS available ;-)

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah a smaller one would be handy, maybe someone on the internet has made something that works. Marcel pretty much dismissed the idea when I spoke to him about it a few weeks ago, so the best we can hope for is a separate one, shame because a couple other VR games I've got have simple little fps counters and they are very handy.

Sebastien Sestacq and vittorio like this.
  16. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

FRAPS shows up on the monitor but not the VR image. Was able to check my monitor by lifting the headset and since the last upgrade [plus processor and memory addition], and getting a fairly steady 90 FPS now with the occasional dip. Also looked at the Oculus Tray Tool and my headroom has improved and currently running a lot higher settings than before the update. So, happy at the moment.

17. RicoF

RicoF Registered

Removed beta and installed latest update, updated server and bingo... everything works now...

18. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

The performance issues people are mentioning, is that stuttering or just generally low fps?

I tried a friend's Oculus on my PC a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by how smooth it was. Today the Samsung Odyssey that I ordered arrived and I'm finding VR is unbearable. rF2 is uncomfortably stuttering in VR no matter the graphical settings I use.

Is this what most are experiencing? I'm hoping it's a simple code fix and not that I have to return my Odyssey.

19. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

What rig do you have? The Odyssey have more definition tham Oculus, so you need a better grafics card and take care with the supersamplig in staemVR. Chek the reproyection olso, can help.

20. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

6600k with a 1080, which should be more than enough. There are more pixels with the Odyssey, but that many more. The stuttering I'm seeing happens with supersampling at 1.5, 1.2, 1.0 and 0.7 (not tried lower), and regardless of AA, shader, shadow, texture and other settings. So I don't think it's performance related. I could be wrong though.