SOLVED IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hans Tesmo, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Skan Do you know anyone with a G29 that has working 'vehicle set' ? This thread is full of people it's not working for, and not a single one reporting back to say they've fixed it or that it's miraculously fixed itself. Some of these same people have said auto-rotation-change is working fine in other games, making a system/driver issue less likely.

Christopher Elliott in this very thread said he had passed this issue on to the devs. Now this isn't necessarily admitting that the game is at fault, but it certainly makes it a distinct possibility. There have been no mentions of G29/920 compatibility in subsequent builds, nor any relevant notes in Logitech driver updates.

Perhaps you can get your hands on a G29 and either confirm the issue yourself, or find a fix?

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

It is indeed a bug affecting all G29/920 users (G920 here). Whether it's a wheel or game related issue, i don't know, but AMS had the same problem and was able to at least find a bypass and have a dedicated G29/920 branch.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  3. A solution that worked for me and my G920 wheel was to delete the rf2 profile in LGS and make the wheel adjustment in the default profile.
    Adjusting the wheel range in the default profile since then be working for every car I have tried so far new GT3 cars, older ISI/S397 or 3rd party cars have not been a problem since. And yes, I have the vehicle set ticked.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Lars Rystedt If it were working properly, the 'vehicle set' option would do it for you. You would not need to change the angle in the profiler. You are using the workaround.

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Correct. That's not a solution, just a workaround (like there are another 2 or 3). Hopefully S397 works on a real solution someday.

6. Dagac

Dagac Registered

Can someone pass a configuration that he uses for rfactor 2 , the logitech gaming software and rfactor 2 settings . I bought a g29 and I used in rfactor 2 . I can't configure correctly it , and actually i prefer my old driving force gt.

7. Toby Ballinger

Toby Ballinger Registered

I have a G920 and to be honest on Rf2 the force feedback and auto-rotation is non existent, this makes driving unenjoyable and uninformative which doesn't produce a good experience. But one thing I dont get is that McLaren used G920s for the WFG competition on Rf2 and I know these guys are quick but with the wheel performing so badly and there being no ffb how do you go that quick with not having the information. So please Studio 397 bring an update for the G920/29 so there is great ffb and auto rotation ASAP!!! I loved Rf2 with my G25 and now with the recent Formula E DLC it makes me want to play/buy it but I'm not until there is and update for this wheel. Please respond and do something about this issue, people having been complaining for over a year now, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

8. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@Dagac @Toby Ballinger I have a G920. The most important setting is the FFB Minimum Torque, since Logitech wheels are on the low force spectrum of consumer wheels, you need to increase this value in order to start getting any FFB at all. I have mine at 8% and never change it.
    The second most important value is the Car specific FFB multiplier and this is the value you'll want to modify for each specific car.

First, look up for the Pedal and FFB overlay plugin somewhere here in the forum. It is a small graph that shows how close/far you're from clipping. Adjust the Car specific value for each car to the point to your liking and where you're just getting occasional clipping.

By doing that, I found in rF2 the best FFB of all games.

Auto-rotation indeed doesn't exist yet (reason for this thread) but there are a couple workarounds you'll be able to find in the forum. Annoying, yes, but not a deal breaker.

9. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Registered

It still its not fixed... Wooow:confused: Incredible and not in a good way.

Mauro likes this.
  10. kashif

kashif Registered

I'm having the same issues... Is there really no fixed? Has this at least been addressed by the developers yet?

11. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

No fix yet.

On the bug tracker though and a known issue.

Really not sure if it's a Logitech driver problem or an rfactor 2 issue.

12. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

It is 100% a rFactor 2 only issue since other titles like AMS received proper G29 / G920 Support a while ago from their dev's.

13. maty4550

maty4550 Registered

I have the same problem with a Logitech Driving force gt

14. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Registered

Is there a priority list on that tracker? Because this "bug" (really it's a CRITICAL issue) has been with us for about a year and a half.

15. dvgportor

dvgportor Registered

All remain the same and no one in this enterprise want to do anything for us, the logitech owners. My recomend is to not buy the simulator. Thats the way by now to solve the problems. You can do things better isi and studio-397

16. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Critical I would say is a bit over the top.

Highly annoying for sure, but it's literally alt tab out to the LGS and set the rotation and alt tab back to rf2.

That said, what the problem is I have no idea.
    To me, being non technical it would seem to be an easy fix, but if it was I can't help thinking it would have been resolved a long time ago.

Regarding priority, I wouldn't know. Given the pace of updates recently, I would think it would be non priority compared to GT3 and FE and rain effects.
    I don't know what percentage of rf2 owners use the G29 / G920?

I've asked the dev team directly how long to fix this and they have said it's on the list (along with alot of other stuff) to fix.

17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

@Hans Tesmo recently i changed from win 7 to win 10, and i started to have the "vehicle set" degrees of rotation problem for G27, i know that's not the same wheel, but maybe this help you...

After hours of searching on the internet and comparing with other simulators, like Automobilista, i found that for some reason if your windows user account is common or admin then rfactor2 can't override the settings.

The solution is create a Super Admin windows account, then everything works fine for me, Microsoft limit certain actions if you're not a super user, I realized the problem when some applications that should start during login were not started.

https://superuser.com/questions/954625/make-a-user-account-on-windows-10-a-full-admin

18. kashif

kashif Registered

I just tried this... it didn't work for me.

19. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I forgot a detail, i don't use a profile per game, Just using the global configuration on Logitech profiler.

20. kashif

kashif Registered

I had it on the "Default" profile, which is the only one it doesn't let me delete.