Adding new skins problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by James Manning, Dec 23, 2017.

1. James Manning

James Manning Registered

Hello,

I am trying to add new some of my own skins to the game.

I go through the steps of creating a new folder from an existing car then selecting alt and then creating a new folder.

I enter all the details, driver, number team number etc then click accept.

After I have down this it creates a folder in the userdater/ settings but nothing is listed in the vehicle select page in the game.

Sometimes it works but 9 out of 10 times it doesn't which is really frustrating.
    Can someone please help me?

Thank you

James

2. boxer

boxer Registered

I believe rF2 has a bug in that if you don't have at least two alt skins in the folder the alt skins wont show up in game.

3. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

Adding skins is really a mess in this game compared to all others .This is the first thing they have to cure and the mas file is another problem if you want to replace a file with another it doesn't appear in the game...

4. James Manning

James Manning Registered

Thanks guys, my issue at the moment is that I have added one new car and it has loaded fine, it is there on the vehicle select page as a standalone car.

I've just done the same method again to add a team mate but this time the car is no where to be found even though a file has been generated in the cars settings folder.

So frustrating!!

5. boxer

boxer Registered

are you doing this through the car tuning page...
    i.e select alt skin and then selecting create - new car/driver from current?
    (it worked for me)..
    the only thing I would be cautions of is that you don't have multiple versions of the same mod and they both point to two different directories).

Another thing that we know can be an issue is the naming... i.e using color for a name can lead to issues.

6. James Manning

James Manning Registered

I am using the car tuning page, I am using the same structure of naming everything the same way as a the previous car that did work.

I tried using the same and a different base of skin to make the alt file in the directory but I still come up with nothing.

7. boxer

boxer Registered

what do mean by structure? Directories?

8. James Manning

James Manning Registered

I mean same descriptions for team name, car name etc but with a different number.

9. Skan

Skan Registered

Can you see the skin in the folder? As in, do you see an icon for the skin you made in the folder using windows explorer?
    that "settings" folder should have a folder for the car you are skinning, open that folder and you will see an ALT skin and whatever you named your skin if you did this part correctly.

Make sure you are editing the template and not the dds file.

Be sure you save your dds file correctly.

Make sure you are choosing the exact car you made the skin for. It will not work if you pick a different car from the same list.

Make sure you click reload (on the screen viewing the car) if you are not sure it is showing you what you are supposed to be seeing.

10. James Manning

James Manning Registered

I have attached two screenshots to help, notice two skins but only one is appearing in the game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

try just adding to the first one. So,
    BTCC_Focus
    {
    {
    Stuff
    }
    {
    More Stuff
    }
    }

12. Davide Casciello

Davide Casciello Registered

Hi, i know it's an old post, but have you managed to find the solution? i'm having the same issue... well a weirder one.. with some names like "Test" or "Prova" (which means test in italian :) ) it create the new driver, but if i use real names ("name surname") it doesn't create it.... any help? thank you!