Released Formula E Energize Pack 2018 - Now Available!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Sounds like you have flatspotted the front tire(s). Lock the front tires and you get a flatspot.
    It’s more difficult to lock tires with GT3 cars on default setup.

Try running the Formula E with ABS at medium or high to avoid flatspots on the tire.
    If it doesn’t help it’s something else.

2. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I have the same issue with FE when use my preferred degree of rotation which is 380. But when I switched to the car default equal to 980 it became mostly ok. I use T500 with F1 rim.

3. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

No, it has nothin to do with flatspots as it happens immediatelly as you start moving from garage just after wheels turn. Rim start wibrating as hell and don't stop even if the rim returned to the middle and the car is stopped. Only pressing ESc button helps.

Mydriaz and Guimengo like this.
  4. jeffers

jeffers Registered

That's correct, it has nothing to do with flatspots. As 3NPV5IRR says, it happens immediately after you turn out of the garage.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Just purchased GT3+FE bundle (because I´ve had to because of league). Getting following error message:
    HongKong_2018 v1.07 requires unknown base mod to be installed. / HongKong_2018 1.07

Track is not in list.

Just if it is of interest: never installed new, actual build is running good. Everything seems to work expect mentioned thing.
    EDIT: Steam veryfication solved it.
    Shouldn´t be the case, especially as content is hard to find anyways. Just saying.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  6. PAL

PAL Registered

I had a similar issue, but just with an old (but still good) G27. Wheel was shaking like crazy around the center. I did not have this issue before the first dx11 non-beta Release.
    I fixed it with following settings:

FFB-Smoothing 8
    Minimal Force 2%

Another thing i noticed: I have the AI set to 105%. When i do a quali they stay around 1:04 ish laptimes at best but when i skip the session instead they all end up with 1:01 times.

7. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

@ S397:

After the last update, why have these dark grey mirrored looking high-rise buildings at T2 on Hong Kong been removed?
    They were certainly 'eye catchers' which are also there in real life.
    Although a few other buildings are added, I'd like to see them coming back; they are an important part of the track.

However Hong Kong may be build for Formula E, I think it can easily being used for other events as well in the dark, so why aren't the track lights working and the office buildings being lit at night?
    I think it may be expected for a 8€ track. This goes for future street tracks as well, especially for official content.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    ECAR_Tracks and PAL like this.
  8. Emery

Emery Registered

Use time acceleration instead of skipping the session.

ECAR_Tracks, Prodigy and PAL like this.
  9. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

It seems the track has its buildings back. Thanks for the update so far.
    Hopefully a further update will take place regarding this request.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I take it you mean it could be used for other events in a game? Certainly not in real life, as the track is only constructed for the ePrix events and isn't used at any other time of year.

I can see how it would be useful (for gaming) to have it night-enabled, but there's no reason a track, especially official content, should have to allow for night racing if it doesn't in real life. The only way to do this really would be to have two versions of the track (so normal daytime running isn't blighted by fictional light towers everywhere), but ultimately it's extra work for something that doesn't simulate reality. I guess this is just an issue that will tend to crop up in a game that simulates the ful day-night cycle as rFactor does.

11. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Registered

After some time now, I really hope that S397 will focus to do some further Formula E tracks - because just now after a bit more than a month it's totally senseless to have one track.
    For sure Hong Kong is great and new tracks are much work but exactly the lack of tracks are biggest problem for rF2!

When you look at the lobby you clearly see now that the built up euphory is unfortunately gone with these cars.
    The thing I wanna indicate is that great licenses should be "used" more, imagine a full schedule, it would provide a good base for leagues, competitions and so on but now you can only have fun for maybe 1 hour.

The overall base of rF2 is now good enough, so there should be finally content.

12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi.

All tracks (often modded) with an average of at least 1 turn every 300 meters are usually exciting to drive with the FE.

Do not focus on FE special circuits. Try monaco for example (in history too).

There are many circuits adapted to the FE. There are many circuits on RF2 (on a physical level, very few are excellent on the other hand). The tracks of Kart are interesting, because FE behave very specifically (I let you discover;)).

If S397 focuses on FE tracks, we forget everything else ...

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Lets try again; do the files come on your system so you won't be dependable of steam?

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You find Formula E from this folder: X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles and rfcmp here: X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content.
    You can use Formula E offline.

Navigator likes this.
  15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thank you; it tells me I can use it offline. Nice!

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes you can play all mods offline don`t have to be connected to internet. :)

Navigator likes this.
  17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, there was a reason I thought that would not be the case with payed mods, but when I said so before; I got a line saying I willl be kicked from the forum.
    So; I dont mention that. ;)

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There was a bug indeed you needed to connect to Steam to make the paid content appear offline, if you use Steam in offline mode like me (i.e you had to connect to Steam, open/close rF2, go offline mode again, then content was available), but they fixed it some months ago .
    Well you getting kicked from the forum would be no surprise, you go ballistic very quickly in your posts lol just calm down

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thank you for the feedback.

(Like that? ;) )

pkelly likes this.
  20. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Chill guys...
    And keep on topic, this is the FE thread.
    If you have a question next time start a thread in General section.