Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

If you start the session with a storm, the track and pits will be reflecting the environment. I tried it with the Bentley at NOLA last night to replicate the previews we saw a while back.

2. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

I am very impressed by this update and the rain effects. It looks great and it does not seem to have a big impact on performance (on my system). On PC1/2 :eek: rain effects do have a much bigger impact. Kudos to S397 for that! :D One 'issue', not really related to this update... why aren't rain/wet tires called rain/wet tires? Quite confusing which compound should be selected.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks you gave me the clue, I had set off environment reflections and road reflections to gain FPS under DX11 and try to lower freezes of display some time ago.

Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    DaveS78 likes this.
  4. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

Yeah I forgot to mention that I'm running the sim at max settings so that probably has something to do with it to.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

In the GT3 ? Yes wasn’t sure myself . Be good to have those descriptions in garage notes

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Does carry through from one session to next though, just start FP1 with heavy rain first , make a coffee or grab a beer , by the time your belted up it’s slipping and a slidding you go

7. Riverside

Riverside Registered

Need help, please, can't start a race at Lime Rock, it crashes bad showing an error related to not finding ASPHALT shade files, can't get a screenshot because whole thing dies forcing me to sign out, other tracks are ok so far; already ran steam local files integrity, didn't fix.

I did delete contents for the two folders indicated on User Logs folder

Could it be as simple as getting those files again and placing there? where would I get them from?

?

Thanks in advance

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Your referring to cbash and shaders in Log ?? No it won’t help restoring them , I’d guess it’s an integrity issue with a corrupt updated lime rock

9. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Clio Cup, the sound in the race is not right.
    Very large fluctuations from loud to soft?
    That's not in training only in the race.
    No matter what track

10. Riverside

Riverside Registered

Thanks, @bwana , I did run integrity check found one file bad and replaced but did not fix; and yes I deleted content for those two folders

It is asking for files that are definitively not in the shaders folder, so I don't know...

11. yippssy

yippssy Registered

12. nipzon

nipzon Registered

@Riverside would it help uninstalling Limerock, unsubscribe and then subscribing to it again?

13. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

Yup, driving the Mercedes AMG GT3!:)

bwana likes this.
  14. Riverside

Riverside Registered

@nipzon , yup, it actually did fix it and funny enough I went and did it before I saw your post, I just didn't think this being stock content would need steam workshop subscribing, unsubscribing, apparently it does because unsubscribed, ran, closed, subscribed again and it installed it on next start, properly

I am good now. Thks!

nipzon likes this.
  15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I recommend to set most relevant settings to low. I had a online racer a few minutes ago with 19 drivers and startet in the middle of the gt3 cars. I had track, car and shadow settings on middle, reflexions, post processing on low, AA set to 2. It was not wet race, Nola was dry and my 1070 @2025/4500 was not capable to keep 45fps for smooth ASW performance. Thats a pity. Wet racing reduces the framerate in such a heavy way, so it would be undriveable for me.
    But i don´t want to criticize the work of S397. Its hard work they have to do and they keep the game alive. But to be truth the game needs a performance increase of 100% and more because even the fastest GPU is not capable to keep 45fps under all conditions with a nice graphics set not to think of native 90fps.

antgen and Mibrandt like this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

I think the recommendations in first post would be fit for 1080p resolution. I don't think there exists a GPU to run 20 GT3 cars in VR + rain at decent FPS without lowering settings significantly. One setting you can and should turn off is soft particles, from my testing it does nothing else than consume FPS. Particles look the same with it on or off.

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

as much as the rain looks cool and wet physics are the best yet. ai races in it are unuseable. They pit on the first lap, some are on slicks some not?! . But fixes will come I'm sure.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@LokiD Wet physics haven't changed, neither have AI stuff. As you suggest I'm sure fixes will come, at some point.

19. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Ran the Steamcmd 1109 dedi server for the first evening, World GT3 Series and smDonington, 30 AI.
    Both local and internet clients lost connection a few times loading a new race at the end of a race.
    Nothing too serious or new, reconnection went quickly.
    But we do want to relay our many thanks to S397 !
    We have never seen rF2 look so good and, in race, run so well as tonight. (we did not run rain !)
    We can only look forward to the oncoming upgrades, knowing they will take the time to make it a well working experience.
    Hats off, well done and thank you for a very entertaining evening ;)

20. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Studio 397 are still chipping away at rF2 and I am personally very happy with the progress, feels really good with my TS XW Racer and starting to look good to...still a few years of development to go for S397 though as Reiza Studios' would vouch for that with their Automobilista title....overall liking what I am seeing and feeling FFB wise.
    rF2 CALLAWAY SILVERSTONE 1 copy.jpg rF2 CALLAWAY SILVERSTONE 3 copy.jpg rF2 CALLAWAY SILVERSTONE 4 copy.jpg