AC vs RF2 long term leagues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metal, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Metal

Metal Registered

Hi all.

What can we expect (we are 3 players) ? When it comes to future 2018/2020 of AC/RF2 leagues. What will stay longer alive, have more leagues and community to race with.

I already own AC + some dlc's. All tho i am not sure about it and not certain about it's future.

RF i know from players i used to play with. RF is still going strong and my "hopes" are, that RF2 would continue that trend (try to convince us ?).

I used to play a lot of iskating and cannot support anymore their hamburger hunger appetite for euros.

(We are fine with 1 time paying games + dlc, but no go at iskating money grab).

Regards,

Unsure group of friends.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

rF2 leagues are dying like flys at the moment.
    Nobody can be sure what future updates bring and if they help rF2 to survive or even grow number of players/leagues again.
    One can hear often former "iceracing" or AC drivers that are bored and want something else, but it seems that the current state of rF2
    (most of the times) doesnt attract that people.

3. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

I don't think you are looking at it from the right perspective. For me personally it is about which game I prefer driving in and then search for leagues with cars I want to run. At the end of the day, it all boils down to the league admins and whether they choose to move to a different/new sim.
    I say find a league running content you like, get a feel for the main league members and decide that way.

Metal, TheGame316 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  4. bwana

bwana Registered

Australian rf2 leagues continue to run strongly with increased interest of late , there is no need for users to abandon rf2 based on usability , those that are ,may be just finding the simulation too hard if they have come across from other games such as AC or PC2 to be competitive .

Obbzy_XR_ and TheGame316 like this.
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I hope online play in rf2 grows and grows,I miss the competitive nature of iracing,while the ai here are the best around,it still doesn’t do it for me,I need to race against humans,and I love putting in an hr or two most days dialling in my driving lines and setups,it all builds up to the race day,and excitement of a competitive environment.
    Sadly most leagues I’m interested in race at times I can’t,hopefully if more people come to rf2,the online aspect will grow,and so to the frequency or number of leagues

Andregee likes this.
  6. WSVR

WSVR Registered

I run world series racing community and the BVTCC league and we've seen a marked increase in new members in the past 6 months, we've also stuck with rF2 since the start despite the appeal of other platforms.

I'm sure there is more to come from S397 and my personal view is that since they stepped in its saved the platform from demise. From a longevity point of view i think rF2 and S397 will have more to offer for longer than AC.

David O'Reilly, Slamfunk3 and bwana like this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I do not know the future, I do not have the crystal ball, but I know that for me it is the best simulator by far, and for me it will continue to be my greatest entertainment for the next few years.I trust in studio 397, for the future, the perspectives that they pose, and above all because I like rfactor2 and I enjoy it to the fullest

Stefan Kanitz likes this.
  8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You have to consider that the focus of studio397 is massive on online gameplay for the next years, despite of AC that keep insisting in the DLC's model of bussiness, and not intent to improve online mode.

Today the most problematic thing of rF2 is usability, that drives people away, which is one of top 3 priorities of studio397 (with competition infraestructure and dx11). No doubt that rF2 is where to go now.

9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

If you want high end Formula competition, Formula SimRacing is now in its 17th year. Last season we had too many drivers to accommodate on 3 grids and we had to run pre quali for Pro division and only the top 30 got to race!. It was a great season of racing and will be here in 2018 once again.
    There are other great formula leagues like Presto.
    For GT/LMP the P1 Gaming community run an awesome calendar. Very high standards at the front but accessible. For the Nords 24 hr where you need 3-4 drivers per car we had 24 cars!!
    If you want even higher standards there is VEC.

So there is some great racing happening into the future. More than I can possibly fit in, So I feel no need to use a "lesser sim" than RFactor 2.

Wishmaster likes this.
  10. fab06

fab06 Registered

many of my friend (from several french leagues) goes to Raceroom now or iracing for others , but AC , even if kunos support modder , don't interest them for racing (strange bad physic cause) but some guys love it (many track/Cars with beautiful graphics) , like them i prefer goes to raceroom .. and keep rFactor 2 for some specific championship with Mods and tracks , but sadly the grid are more empty month after month ..

sorry for my bad english , i hope its understandable :rolleyes:

11. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Not sure of your location, but right now Virtual Online Racers(http://virtualonlineracers.net/forum.php), VEC, and Champion Motor Sports (http://www.cmsracing.com/) all have rF2 leagues running, some during the week some on Sundays. CMS actually has several different mods in leagues. It's pretty quiet around the holidays, but will ramp up in 2018.

12. exiledslinky

exiledslinky Registered

We run Ac & Rf2 Leagues. Rf2 has gathered alot more intrest as of late. And have been running alot of fun races
    and a small clio league Sunday nights

Both our ac leagues finish this month and Looking at new Leagues to start in the new year

Uk based 1gb connection on dedicated server

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EXILEDVIRTUALMOTORSPORTS/
    exiledvirtualmotorsports.co.uk

13. Metal

Metal Registered

Yo all.

Tnx all for great feedback!

That was the main idea of the topic, why i started it. I wanted to hear other players (like you) opinions.

This was the question, we 3 asked our self and you nailed it to the point.

End result of all your opinions + our 3 discussions:

We will buy RF2, because as Guimengo said. While in near future there will be AC2 vs RF2. We are really not interested to buy and buy new games + it's content.

Atm main "hurdle" is UI + internet play for RF2. But what we have seen so far from new UI. All this will be fixed.

Anything else ? GT3 + Nascar. Not much to add from my side.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  14. Jerry Schuryk

Jerry Schuryk Registered

Sim Racing System (SRS) has recently added RF2 races (http://www.simracingsystem.com/schedule.php). I just noticed the other day and have not had a chance to try one yet. Not exactly a league, but hopefully a place to find some good competition.

15. bwana

bwana Registered

had they dropped rf2 for awhile. It was on rotation bout 2 years ago ?

16. Jerry Schuryk

Jerry Schuryk Registered

Yes, not sure of the exact timing, but they did support RF2, paused for a bit and restarted about 3 weeks ago. I'm planning on racing some this weekend.

bwana likes this.