Disable drs in race.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bogdy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Hello ,
    It is posible to disable the drs on the Formula ISI 2012 in race?
    On tracks that dont have drs zones the A.I is opening the flap on every straight.
    Thanks.

2. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

So,as it seems that nobody could help me i found some old threads and found some settings in the track gdb file about the rear flap but it doesnt work.Every setting that i change , to use the rear flap only in qualy or only in practice,even if i delete the rear flap zones the A.I still uses the drs on every straight .It's really frustrating because i made some classic F1 skins for the Marussia car and I created a race event to make a championship but I dont want to use the bloody DRS .I really dont like it in real life and now i hated it even more :).
    Please somebody help me with a solution,or move the thread in the right forum section if it doesnt belong here.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I was sort of involved in a slightly old thread regarding this, and I thought removing the RearFlap entries in the HDV (cars) would do it, but apparently it didn't for the AI.

There's a RearFlapZoneSessions parameter in the GDB, which seems to indicate which sessions DRS should be available. So try adding
    RearFlapZoneSessions=0
    to the GDB.

Failing that, you could try defining a single zone and make it extremely short. Or, possibly, set RearFlapWetThreshold to a negative value - but I suspect the game might ignore that.

4. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Thanks for the reply Lazza, I already tried that and the sim completely ignores the settings. It doesn't matter if I put the setting to 4 (use only in qualifying) or change the rearflapzones to 1 or any other setting. There are two more lines in the gdb file of the mod package that I created and those setting don't change anything. Seems like something is overwriting all those files.

5. McNolo

McNolo Registered

First of all you have to add this line in GDB:

RearFlapZoneSessions=31

With this you restrict the use of the DRS to the zones marked in ALL the sessions (also in practice)

Next, create a DRS zone longer than the track and a number of minimum crossings that never activates in the race. For example, if the track is 4 km long, it would be something like this:

RearFlapWetThreshold=0.5
    RearFlapZone
    {
    MinimumCrossings=999
    TimeThreshold=1.0
    DetectionLapDist=9000
    ActivationLapDist=9001
    DeactivationLapDist=9002
    }

As the track has 4000 m. and Detection an Activation point are in 9000, it never will be activate.
    MinimunCrossings is basiclly to avoid the message in the screen that show the DRS is activate.

Regards.

6. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Thank you very much McNolo .that worked.:D

McNolo likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

So I assuming you race cars that use DRS on tracks that are DRS capable and you want to disable the DRS? :)
    JUst curious as to why?

8. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

I made a 1996 F1 skin pack and talent files for the Marussia f1 car to make a championship season and i also use tracks that dont have DRS zones ,so i dont want to learn how to make the DRS zones on those tracks and prefer not to have it at all.
    I am an offline player and only like to use ISI or Studio 397 cars so I'am making skins and talent files for Marrusia f1 or Formula ISI from different F1 eras to be able to create a championship.
    Of course ideally would be to use an f1 car from 1996 but we dont have one:(
    We really need in Rfactor 2 a Championship Creator ,now i use the RFactor log analyzer and it does the job.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

It's a shame that you only like to use ISI or Studio397 cars, because ASRFormula has some F1, of different eras, very good.

McNolo likes this.
  10. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

I have seen some screeshots of those cars and they look amazing but are the pshysics accurate?
    I mean in comparison with the f1 Marussia for example?

11. lagg

lagg Registered

12. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Does anybody know why the tracks on wich i made the gdb rear flap modification disapear from the game?:(

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In a game made with the average user in mind.. Menu "Allow DRS: Yes/No" :rolleyes:
    Someday rF2 will get there. Better get a chair and sit to wait for it tho.

14. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Maybe you forgot to include something in the rfcmp file ...

Sometimes some files also interfere with others if they come from the same base. If you called it with another name or it is a different file, but you still have the original installed, uninstall it.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

You probably did not re-package the entire track, just modifying the file and packing it into MAS is not enough, the whole rfcmp needs to be rebuilt. I would suggest just removing the DRS lines from the car HDV file and repackaging the car, way easier than having to adjust each track.

16. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

I opend the HDV file but can't find any DRS related lines.
    Could you give me a really quick crash course on how to re-package the track.
    Finally if this doesn't work i will only use tracks with DRS zones .
    I really love and hate RFactor 2 at the same time,it has the best physics and ffb feeling of all the sims ,to the point that i can't play anything else.But even though it has the best A.I the single player experience is not really enjoyable.I'm an F1 "guy" so my only options are Formula ISI which only has a few skins and Marussia F1 ,both have DRS so i can't have any race with the A.I on tracks that don't have it because they will open it on every straight . Really frustrating that i have to make my own skins and my own talent files and trying to make an f1 championship with a 3d party tool.:(
    I have bought the GT3 pack and the Formula E even though there are not my cup of tea just to support RFactor 2 ,that I belive has an incredible potential but they really need to make the single player experience way better than it is.
    Rant over.:D