Stockcar Tracks List

Discussion in 'Locations' started by machine, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Man Talladega after 4pm sucks, had a online race now with the Dissenter and couldn't see shit after that, especially the cars with dark colors :( but I think it has no ligths in real life anyway, track is beautiful from cockpit and earlier time
    but it needs better cameras more zoomed in, better placed and showing less of the outside part of the track since there is nothing there

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Hey Machine... Any News?

3. machine

machine Registered

Hehe, It's gunna rain tomowrrow.
    I am back working on tracks, fixing bugs. In order of real Nascar season 2018.
    First to come is Daytona and Las Vegas. They are not far off actually. Been having trouble with the startman. He often seems stuck when I export him. (He does not animate when tested)
    I did spend some time working on the Nascar 2016 Skins mod and also trying to fix lap times at both Dover and Las Vegas which were off. (Dover to fast, Vegas to slow) Plus suffered from burnout. Which is probably still a bit the case!

Corti and toebee like this.
  4. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

You are the Best.... :D

5. machine

machine Registered

Daytona, Las Vegas & Phoenix updated. Many fixes. (First 3 of MY tracks for real 2018 Nascar Season)

Daytona v1.4 update
    _WET added to realroad material names
    Fixed some realroad textures missing alpha reflections layer
    Concrete walls use correct material. (Will have correct drag when hitting it)
    Safer walls use correct safer material. (Will have correct drag when hitting it)
    Cut track FIX (Could get cut track on grass)
    Startman fixed (Waved green only before)
    TDF Roughness added to bring track to life
    Weird shadows following track fixed
    Yellow lights fixed (They were not fixed properly last time)
    Yellow line pit entry and exit
    Cones added to remind drivers to stay in or out of pit lane when entering pits
    2018 Loading screen updated to 1.4
    AIW adjusted to make pace car come out earlier (middle turn 3&4 instead of almost at finish line)

Las Vegas v1.4 update
    Dynamic reflection code added
    Missing objects in mirrors added
    Safer walls use correct safer material. (Will have correct drag when hitting it)
    Cut track FIX (Could get cut track on apron)
    Startman added
    Cones added to remind drivers to stay in or out of pit lane when entering

Phoenix v1.4 update
    DX11 Textures added
    Large icon replaced with correct icon
    Startman added

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. Corti

Corti Registered

I send you a message posted on our forum:
    thx & regards, Corti. ;)

7. machine

machine Registered

Thanks. I tested today. Yes, they probably will run out of fuel eventually. I tested as far as them constantly driving through pit lane every lap, but never stopping. That was almost 60 laps before they started doing that.
    Unfortunately I have no idea why. Seems to be a host of issues with AI when they run long. They also pit randomly really early at a lot of tracks. And also seem to drive slow after their first pit stop. Not just my tracks, I found a thread saying similar non pitting at Mountain Peak.
    I wish I had an answer. I have discovered a few things to better performance from them. Will be in the next Bristol release.
    I have also looked into RCD adjustment stuff within the car mod itself. Might be able to set pit stops and driver performance in there. But that's a mod thing, not track.
    My first priority is multiplayer online, of which all this stuff does not matter. But I am trying to at least make it possible to run short (less than a fuel run) races against AI work well.

Corti and pkelly like this.
  8. machine

machine Registered

The racing line, yeah, I needed to start from scratch again to move the join line further along past the dogleg. The track shape itself is not right and needs redoing at some stage anyway, so not worth it at the moment. Too many other tracks need updating more basic stuff for online racing.

gordon70 and Corti like this.
  9. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I can fix AIW if you are interested. This should not take long.

10. machine

machine Registered

Can you set when AI should pit? Currently in Bristol testing, they pit on lap 49 of a 50 lap race. I have tried to use PitStopStrategies in RCD file, but it seems to not work. I need someone who knows how to get pit strategy working on a per track basis. Would be set in rcd file.

Can you make AI use 2 drivinglines, but use fastest when they are clear: always?

Do you know much about AI performace settings. I have 2 AI files for Bristol, 1 the AI race as they should, the cars set to go fast, do. The other, all have equal performance. Only 2 things different that may affect performance are one has 2 driving lines, the other 1. Slow when pushed is on 1 and 0 in both AI files.

11. machine

machine Registered

If you could tell me why the cars drive through pit lane and don't stop, that would be very helpful.
    Just extract out the mas files to folders of same name as mas files to dev mode. Get from your installed folder!

12. machine

machine Registered

Bristol, Dover, Martinsville, Talladega & Texas updated. Many fixes. (Next 5 of MY tracks for real 2018 Nascar Season)

Bristol
    v1.40 updates
    Oh, and the BIGGIE! A new version for online racing with pit lane layout like Martinsville.
    Known issues: AI still have problems pitting. They also pit randomly early. I want to eventually fix these issues, but currently I am working on Online first.

Dover
    v1.40 updates
    DX11 Textures added
    Startman added
    Some updated textures to better support DX11

Martinsville
    v1.40 updates
    Redo thumbs that were not working
    Startman added
    Yellow lights fixed

Talladega
    v0.60 updates
    Yellow lights fixed
    New signs in turns 1&2 and 3&4

Texas
    v1.40 updates
    Startman added
    Yellow lights fixed
    OLDER CHANGES FINALLY RELEASED in 1.40
    White line cut in pieces so it is not dark in spots at night.
    Track ligting had a weird flicker
    Track surface changed to look a bit better
    Grip level changed, not more or less grip, but just different

13. machine

machine Registered

Just thought I would also mention, I spent some time trying to fix the issue with cars not pitting at Phoenix.
    Schumi was kind enough to help me out with an updated AIW file which had the AI pitting. In his video, they were pitting, but for me, they just would not pit. I dropped the AIW in as he sent to me, so it should have. I tested with both Stockcars and Indycars with no luck. It has to be mentioned, I tested a packed mod. The cars were pitting in Dev mode, but once the mod was packed, they did not. I was able to get them to pit by loading Dev mode and saving the AIW file. Unfortunately there appears to be a bug in Dev mode, and then the races would not to green. Pace car would pull off, cars would slow to about 10mph, and never go green. I need to revisit at a later time.

There really are a host of problems getting AI to work right. On ovals there is an option to use 2 lines, a left and a right, and a fast line.Ideally setting 2 (which is 3 really) gives better racing, but there a number of issues which I have not been able to resolve.

14. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for all your modding/adjusting/updating on all these stock car tracks, machine. Truly appreciate the fine touches. Good luck in 2018 and hope S397 can help sort out the AI issues.

15. machine

machine Registered

Kansas
    v1.40 updates
    Startman added
    Yellow lights fixed
    Slight surface roughness removed from track surface. Became noticeable using higher tyre pressures.

Michigan
    v1.40 updates
    Yellow lights fixed
    Banking adjusted slightly to me more like real track. Bottom lane (4m wide) is about 2.5 deg less banking than the rest of track. It's about 0.1 faster using a lane higher now. No grip changes, though times should be similar, maybe even very slightly quicker.

Hazi, SRGP and Corti like this.
  16. Corti

Corti Registered

Hi Machine, first of all, give it a good year and thank you for your work. I want to send you a little report that we are told in our forum (ISR).
    If you have time to do a review and take advantage of the updates of the tracks... many thx.
    regards, Corti. ;)

17. machine

machine Registered

Can you ask for a screenshot please!
    I suspect it might be the yellow brake markers that are on corner entry. Entry to T1 & T3. They were collidable in V1.2. Now not collidable in 1.4.

Schumi and Corti like this.
  18. machine

machine Registered

There was a hair sized object in turn 3. Removed. (Well a little bigger than a hair, you could see it from the cockpit)
    Now at 1.41
    Thanks Corti

gordon70, Schumi and Corti like this.
  19. machine

machine Registered

I added a link on top of first post for those who wish to send a donation. I don't do this for money, but appreciate any donations. (Probably more than you'd realise!)
    Here also:
    Donate > If you wish to donate, please go here! www.leftturntrackgroup.com

20. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus Registered

Hi Machine. I have a quick question for you. I was running at Dover yesterday with 29 opponents, 100 AI Strength, 30 Aggression, and 40 limiter. It seemed like the AI keeps turning down to the flat area (apron) on the straights at speed coming off the corners, which generally unsettles the car, and usually causes one or more to go bouncing (literally) up the track, causing a massive wreck and full course yellow. Once we eventually go green, this happens again within a few laps at most. Have you seen this behavior at Dover, or should I be using different AI settings? I have your latest version of the track.

Thanks for all your effort with these tracks, they're great. I'm slowly trying to use RF2 instead of NR2003 for my oval fix.