PLEASE HELP, HITTING ANY SOLID THING FREEZES RFACTOR 2 SCREEN

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ricardo Martins, Dec 5, 2017.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

You have some purple buildings at t=25 seconds which isn't normal. Are you sure you are on the latest build (1109)? Also I would recommend testing the DX11 build, DX11 will very soon become default anyway. From the looks of graphics you are still on DX9.

Ricardo Martins likes this.
  2. Ricardo Martins

Ricardo Martins Registered

lol, I've just noticed that now :/
    What's on your mind, @Coutie?

3. Ricardo Martins

On rFactor 2 launcher, says: " Current Build: 1109", so I guess it is up to date :(
    How do I do that? I mean, How to change from DX9 to DX11, @stonec?

4. stonec

stonec Registered

By right clicking game in Steam -> Properties -> Betas and select v1109-dx11-open-beta. But yeah 1109 is latest, so it should be fine already. But I guess it's worth testing in DX11.

5. Ricardo Martins

Ok, it might be a little strange, but when I try to race with that version, the session doesn't even start. I mean, when I click ''Race'' and the game goes to the Loading Screen, rFactor crashes with the message ''rFactor 2 stopped working...''

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

When you go to dx11 you should delete the cbash and shader files before you start the game. It then takes a while to load tracks for the first time but normal after that. Try this link for instructions on how this is done.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-simple-way-to-clear-shaders-and-cbash.55446/

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  7. Ricardo Martins

Hmmm, even after doing it, still not working, same error...
    Could everything be caused by a DirectX malfunction or bug? Are there ways to see if it is working as it should?

8. Ricardo Martins

@JimmyT I've managed to load the track in dx11 beta build 1108, but same freezing bug when hitting a wall happens

9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

The only other thing I can think of, given the information shared so far, (the purple building is a worry) try unsubscribing from the formula E and track pack and reboot computer then re subscribe. It should download the packages again' you may have a corrupted file? and downloading again may fix this. It may not resolve the issue but it's worth a try and it's what I'd do as a next step.

Footnote: you probably need dx11 build 1109 latest version.

10. Ricardo Martins

How do I do that? And when I managed to race with dx11 in build 1108, the purple building had it's real color ahahha, @JimmyT

11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Sorry I have edited the previous post . You probably need build 1109 latest version.

12. Ricardo Martins

How do I Unsubscribe from the formula E pack? I know how to do it when its a common mod from de workshop, but don't know how to do it when it's an addon

13. stonec

stonec Registered

It sounds like you have a plugin installed that interferes with DX11. DX11 only works with a limited set of plugins that don't draw to screen, so make sure all plugins are disabled from in-game options -> plugins/difficulty tab (SteamPlugin you can leave on).

ebeninca and Ruben Miranda like this.
  14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Sorry, not at my home PC at the moment so can't check that for you.

15. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

OK In steam if you mouse over your name at the top where it says Store .. Library .. Community .. [Your Name]
    you will get a drop down and at the bottom of this you will see inventory, Click on Inventory then click on the rF2 tab in the new window and it will show your rF2 DLC.. On the right side of the screen you will see the car and in the small window it has a link to "View Workshop Item" If you click on that it takes you to your DLC Workshop window where you can Unsubscribe. You have to do this for each individual item you wish to unsubscribe from. Then exit steam and reboot the PC. Go back in and resubscribe, it SHOULD download them again and refresh the files (I think) so if you have any which are corrupted it should fix that??
    Hope this helps. Like I said it's only an assumption on my part but it is what I would try after making sure I had the latest version of build 1109.
    Good luck. :)

16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

One more thing I will ask, and you may have already said but I couldn't see at a glance, have you tried a different car on this track without the issue. I know you said you've tried different cars but I wasn't sure if you said that you tried them on this track.
    Please clarify for me. :oops:
    I'm getting old. :)

17. Ricardo Martins

Hahhaha, yess I have :( I tested a dallara from an old mod I used to like, and it was crashing just fine. I've already tried erasing and uninstalling rFactor 2 by the steam button, but got me the same bug :/
    I'll try now unsubscribing, Thanks for the help anyways, can't say you didnĀ“t try :)

18. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Try to reproduce the problem after putting the damage at 0% and after you are put into "invulnerable" mode.

I admit I do not know much, but it's just a hunch.

Then try to uninstall all non ISI / S397 content by starting with the car content. That's what I would do.

Then if it does not work, simply uninstalls reinstalls reconfigure the game (it takes only 1:30 maximum).

Serious finger infection, you cut your finger and you are sure to survive!

19. Ricardo Martins

@dadaboomda same bug occurs on both situations :(
    Already uninstalled all game and all mods and tried to race with only Hong Kong and F-E

20. aothman

aothman Registered

@Lazza I have tried numerous times to crash with different speeds, different angles but can't reproduce the lockup. The combo with the most cases of this occurring is the 2014 Formula Renault on Portugal GT.

Update: Just had it lock up on Sao Paulo, so it seems to be car related and not track.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017