New championship idea - your input is needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kingdeuce86, Nov 5, 2017.

1. kingdeuce86

kingdeuce86 Registered

I've been bouncing around ideas for creating a custom offline championship once the relevant updates have been released (which I'm guessing will be early next year), but streaming/uploading the races whilst playing the roles of director and commentator. I've created this thread to gauge levels of interest - if there is none, I probably won't put the effort into it.

My original idea was to create a "Formula World Cup", an open-wheel competition which took the drivers from around the world that compete in open-wheel races and saw them competing for their countries - similar to the now defunct A1GP series, but with more recognisable names. However, uploading videos of these races is in danger of breaching the drivers' privacy rights and I'd quite like to not be sued.

Instead, I'm considering a championship that incorporates a roster of new drivers, with new teams, team bosses, engines, rules, etc. Essentially I'm creating a new motorsport "world" which will grow and evolve as the seasons progress.

This is where you, potentially, come in.

Would you be interested in being a team principal, making financial, tactical and practical decisions to move your team up the grid?

Perhaps you would like to be a driver, trying to secure the best position for your present and future, whilst setting practice and qualifying times?

Or would you like to do nothing more than spectate the races that are directed and commentated on by me?

There is still a lot of planning to be done, but I have several ideas whirling around my head including topics such as driver ability progression, finances, and tournament structure. But I'd like to get an idea of what sort of input I can expect from other people, so I know how to progress with these ideas.

As a caveat, it's suffice to say that this is all dependent on the nature of the new content S397 is providing for rfactor 2, particularly with regards to broadcasting races, and setting up offline championships.

Questions and comments are welcome.

2. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I've seen championships like that with rFactor and GP4, I still see that you can start with the equalized cars and every team director will earn points according to the placement of his cars and manually improve the cars or the talent of his driver in the in case you would have to manually change in the mod the improvement in the car's HDV or in the pilot's talent such as the Codemasters F1 2017 development system