Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrR1pper, Mar 26, 2014.

1. bringmetheapex

bringmetheapex Registered

Yeah i'd write the settings down, also my go to car is the USF2000 for FFB so if my feel for that turns out i wasn't clipping then the rest i should be good for doing on feel alone, cheers.

2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

@DrR1pper the first post's images seem to have been removed from the host location.

EDIT: Nvm, found it.

DrR1pper likes this.
  3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    Prodigy, Louis, Emery and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kevin Brookes

Kevin Brookes Registered

@DrR1pper Just installed my first CSW V2.5, what would you recommend i do from here? The default FFB doesn't feel right to me, to say the least...!
    Granted only just really started using it tonight so still a lot to learn about the wheel, are there any fanatic gurus in this thread that could shed some light for me?
    Much obliged!

5. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Hi all, there is a way for monitoring the clipping in dx11? i cant use the polugin by lazza in dx11
    i have a t300, my setting are 70% strenght in thrustmaster panel, 3% minimum torque, usually i left 1.0 ingame ffb beacause i cant monitor the clipping in dx11, so i make adjustment of + - 0.1 (0.9-1.10) just in case.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

DAMPlugin? No reason you can't use it in dx11, and it does the job of checking FFB output (once that channel's enabled).

If you meant another plugin, it wasn't me :D

@Mark Fuller below - I'm going to PM you rather than sidetrack this thread :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@Lazza - Am a bit of a noob with regard to MoTec. How do I go about doing this [Enabling FFB Output]? Tried a couple of things, but when I search for FFB Output or anything starting FFB, nothing shows. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

8. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Yes sry i mean the one from TechAde, if im not wrong also this time :D

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi
    Any recommendations for the best setting for the TS-PC RACER ? Thanks

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

What’s up with it GT ?

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi Adrian. How are you?
    I missed rfactor2 and now I’m back after almost 4 years ( I have played only AC in the last 3-4 months with my new cockpit and oculus rift ) but for me rfactor2 is by far the best sim out there.
    I’m looking for the best ts-pc racer setting( in game setting) as in Windows setting is the same for all sims .

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi GT welcome back I wondered where you went
    No idea , best just do what I did , fiddle fiddle fiddle & you’ll soon get use to what the best settings are

My Bodnar V2 didn’t work at all I had to create a new .Json controller file for it but the trouble was worth it

Ps I’m currently trying out the FSR league

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I tried the wheelcheck program for FFB minimum torgue of my Thrustmaster T150 but the program always gives me different values
    so i have set it to 0%.
    Any T150 user who knows the correct value or leave it zero ?

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Well it is quite easy to do by yourself,... just add a bit of minimum torque and check if the centered wheel has enough forces while driving. Try to oversteer and countersteer and check if there is a small barrier you have to overcome when turning the wheel into the countersteer.

Add min torque until it feels linear and there is no barrier in the ffb. It will also add noise to the center of your wheel. It might rattle a bit which you can counter by adding some ffb smoothing.

Peter Stefani and mesfigas like this.
  15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Thanks for all explanation mate gonna try it :)

Flaux likes this.
  16. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Here I go!
    I've been fiddling with rF1's ffb for... ouch... next to a decade. Lately with the AMS and rF2. All with my old WMFF wheel.
    A few months ago, I got myself a barely used G29 and I've been tweaking the ffb non stop.
    This guide by DrR1pper is quite informative, Thank You Dude!
    I've been reading and rereading it and most of it's 1275 posts... I shaved a few seconds here and there and I can hold my own pretty good now.
    Gilles Lalonde in http://cmsracing-com.liveracers.info/Live/?server=CMS NARS Autumn Series
    The new G29 Gaming software has removed most of it:
    [​IMG]

But I have a problem!
    What with that curve?
    [​IMG]
    I just started WheelCheck and chose Step Log 2 (Linear Force Test)
    If my axis data is all nice, is there a way I can soften the hump?

Thank you to all who participated here, it's a good read.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    DrR1pper likes this.
  17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Could you do a test where you disable the centerspring in the Logi profiler and within rf2 you add 8 % of minimum forces? With my G25 I also ran almost full smoothing within rf2 just to give the gears in the wheel a bit of a rest.

18. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Thx Flaux,

No difference... dust in the numbers after the decimal so probably just WheelCheck discrepancies. The Centering Spring, Which was there just for testing, never ran with it, is probably applied only when the Profiler detects the game is running.

So non linear... I'm testing a "Steering torque sensitivity": 0.9 to see.

19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey guys, I just asked this in the RD-Simhardware forum and thought we might have some nerds here aswell. ;)

Is there a general FFB-Tool/-App

Hey everyone,

sim-wheels often don't come with linear ffb. Some are more "responsive" others are not very "accurate" with their linearity.

For years now, we are stuck with what the sim-dev would give us to correct those inaccuracies or design-choices. Some devs give us more values to change, others come with only rudimentary possibilities to create a linear force-curve. Which often don't help a lot.

Now, do the tech-nerds in here see a possibility to detach this from a game itself and place the correction within the actual ffb-driver? Or, maybe as a post-process behind that? Could this be a possibility? Is simcommander doing such stuff? If yes, could it be opened-up for more wheels?

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Flaux likes this.