F1 ERS

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rocketjockeyr6, Dec 4, 2017.

1. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Now that we have F-E, which comes equipped with energy harvesting, will it be possible to incorporate this into an F1 mod? Or is the system that much different?

In current F1, they have control over harvesting, and deployment rates("H rates" and "D rates" you hear them talk about on radio); but most of the time the computer handles everything else, like the actual deployment(driver doesnt have to press "kers" button). Even if it ends up working like the push to pass system, where a button must be pressed for deployment, it would be cool to have this feature, which would make the current F1 mods ultra realistic.

Many thanks.
    rocket

2. Emery

Emery Registered

What's lacking is a way to have two motors providing power.

rocketjockeyr6 likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

Hopefully, the data to implement properly the ERS became public.

Lukas Lichten likes this.
  4. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

The MGU-K along with the 160kw battery should be fairly straightforward. However in current F1 the MGU-H (electric turbo) is where all the magic happens. That one, I believe, will be tricky. Even (some) F1 engine manufacturers don't really know how they work :)
    TK

5. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Ahhhh. Thanks. :)
    Complicated for sure. :D I would be happy with even a simple system like old school KERS. Like Emery said, though... not quite yet.:(

I just got excited thinking, "Formula E + F1 engine = current F1 Hybrid" :D:cool:

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess when they release the info you will be able to make the car recover fuel. However, it seems that it will add fuel to the normal tank.

It is not exactly as in hybrid F1 where batteries are independent and have a maximum load. The extra power can only be delivered for a while in real F1 while in rF2 you should be able to run the engine at high power for some laps and saving fuel in following laps.

If you ask me I prefer the virtual system. It would provide more strategic races since power would need to be managed on a race basis instead of on a lap basis as they do now in F1.

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

In theory you are correct. It's that RF2 lacks the ability to have both providing power and have hybrid deployment/harvesting that happens in Assetto Corsa.

We don't even have KERS deployment yet :p

8. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

it has been done successfully with a plugin in rF1 so why has it not been done for rF2 yet ?

9. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

rFactor 2 has a cheat protection and a plugin that can give you power its a cheat.

10. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

What is the plugin and can it be controlled because even if it is a cheat I guess and you can control it then maybe we could use it in the meantime ??

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@vancstar I think you misunderstood. He's saying rF2 has cheat protection, and a plugin that gives power is a cheat. Not talking about a particular plugin.