[REL] Next Gen Mod Team - BTCC NGTC Touring

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

AI is pretty fast with Ford. Shedden with Civic are hanging on top positions always :) (I'm using only 2015 versions of these 3rd party cars). BMWs are the slowest but they are not that much behind so it's fine (somebody has to be the slowest). Racing against AI with these cars are massive fun. 120% and 50% aggression at Toban full and Topeka club, awesome (they are fast, decently clean, they pass and run side by side with no probs).

I noticed that rain tyres don't work in this mod. I was driving in Toban (0.78 version) and tyre wear in wet weather with wet tyres was something like 15% per lap (front tyres) and I was going nowhere. I was faster with mediums. Also seems like there is no intermediates.

When will be Lancer released? I would like to start an offline championship :)

2. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I've been trying to get RWD ai to go faster but not got it working yet. All cars have talent files, so performance of the drivers should reflecting real life drivers and you should find drives like Mat Jackson, Frank Wrathall are closer to fighting for the front and drivers like Andy Neate and James Cole are nearer the rear.

Wet tyres are the same as the ISI Honda, which aren't brilliant to start with. Inter tyres also don't exist in the BTCC, it's wets or slicks :)

Lancer is being worked on and nearly finished graphically, also adding full skins for all the cars. So every skin that was entered for the ford from 2012-2015. Also adding Dunlop logos onto all tyres rather than the milestone logo we have right now. There will also be updates to the gen files to get reflects on the road in the rain too. Car say for sure when I'll get all this finished but I'm trying my best when I can to tidy it up the best I can.

bravotangosix likes this.
  3. augiferkin

augiferkin Registered

Hi guys, are you going to be making the Audi A4's still? I know RAR are binning them off but Sherman and Panzer were very popular and I work for Exocet so would be very keen to drive Sherman, especially in 2014 colours!

4. Chris English

Chris English Registered

The cars I've been working on have ground to a halt. I was moved to another project in work earlier this year which has taken up a lot of time and is quite stressful. I don't want to sit and get frustrated at modelling for hours on end after a frustrating day at work. I thought about 2 months ago it was easing up, but it's hitting harder now than ever!! The end of the stressful project might be in sight within the next 4-6 months.

I will one day finish at least 1 car. But until work eases up I can't put a time frame on it. :(

In the meantime we have other cars which have been talked about in this thread thanks to StrawmanAndy, PetraGTC + others, but they can't be linked here for reasons.

5. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Still here and still working!

Now working under the guise of NGTC Touring mod team, particular thanks to Thomas Jacobs, StawmanAndy and BadWallflower for work on these two...coming next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Great stuff!! Super excited for the Subaru!!

7. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

I see a star in the sky... can not hardly wait! :cool:

Is it with front or with 4matic drive?

Regards Andy

8. jorgicsek

jorgicsek Registered

When will be available to download the BTCC Subaru Levorg? Thanks.

9. north

north Registered

how about the progress?cannot wait

samcar304 likes this.
  10. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Latest car...our second scratch build.Hopefully release not far away

Corti, McFlex, bears and 6 others like this.
  11. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Apologies for lack of updates, if anyone has been following our mod team Facebook page there has been quite a bit of progress posted on there but not here for reasons explained below.

Firstly we recently released our first mod as a team which was a major overhaul of the existing NGTC cars by StrawmanAndy. We appreciate that most of the vehicles included in that mod were previously made conversions which is not to everyone's tastes so we haven't posted that information here. The mod is on Steam Workshop and has been well received.

Secondly and perhaps more importantly the team has learnt a lot in the past 12 months from working with those cars to enable us to start to produce scratch build content. From now on the NGMT (Next Gen Mod Team) will only be producing scratch content for rF2.

Our first car the Subaru Levorg has been running successfully in the BVTCC championship for this past year undergoing many fine tunes and adjustments to the point its now complete. Joining that will be the Vauxhall Astra and MG6. We hope to release these three cars pre Christmas. The VW Passat CC is close behind as is the Mercedes A Class and the 2017 Toyota Avensis.

The mod will continue to be work in progress with updates as and when car are completed. We are already planning on updating the current BMW to the current model version as well as new 2018 cars such as the Alfa Giulietta

Starting with very little experience were very please with what's been achieved and do appreciate the Subaru has been teased for sometime so thanks for your patience. We would still love to hear from anyone able to help the team with skills in custom sounds and rF2 tyres

Some preview shots below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Wow looking really good, thanks for continuing to improve and Merry Christmas.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Is that a SUE bah roo ? or a suh BAR oo ??

14. Filip

Filip Registered

SUE bah roo

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Scooby-doo :p

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thank you, gentlemen@NGMT. Those models look awesome. Can't wait to give them a spin...or two.
    Unfortunately, I possess no modding skills to assist. I can donate, though.

17. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Its taken us some time I know but our first four cars are now finally released. See first post for details

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Magus

Magus Registered

F#!k man! The week my pedals give in we get a new build, Sebring, an update to the GT3/E's & now THIS!!

Thank you but at the same time... :mad:

bravotangosix likes this.
  19. SmashingPants67

SmashingPants67 Registered

Do this mod have different physics from year to year (i.e. the 2018 cars handle differently from the 2017 ones that handle differently from the 2016 and so on)?

20. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

This is awesome, loving it.