Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Drove the Calloway today at lime rock park,I couldn’t wheel spin off the line through dumping the clutch,it just bogged down like gte cars do.and also even the with tc off it seemed like it was still on,once I was in a slide,power would t increase even if I floored the throttle.

It was like the throttle had no effect to the amount of power going to the wheels,once traction was lost.

Also I had really notchy ffb,worst than any other s397 car

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

• does anyone struggle hearing your own Gt cars amongst the pack? default audio settings here

3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes, only with the GT3 pack :
    There is a problem on that.

4. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

No because the moment I started off with RF2 I got annoyed by the loud noise of surrounding cars and turned them the f down.
    Also turned tire noise up to 200% while turning everything else down to 50% and below.

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

didn't you then find other cars too quite?

6. Christos Segkounas

No. by using a low volume level for surrounding cars I guess you don't notice anyway.
    One needs to be more careful with their situational awareness, I no longer rely on audio for that.
    Every time I jump into a car I will be competing with I have a controller profile for it I have to remember to load.
    So it's not too big of a deal to adjust the audio of the other cars if I want to.
    Mind you that the tire noise ofr the GT3s is also really really low, that's actually a lot more of an issue for me, even at 200% with the engine noise down to 50% you can barely hear them sliding or locking up.

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Because it takes a lot of time to find out that it's raining and it's bad for driving, I went to the player.json and put the rain at 1.0 instead of 0.35.

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I hear you lol.. Have to lower Op volume to around 20-30 to hear my car.

Anyway did a spec race using the new radical at the new Adelaide.. errrr wow..

Nothing wrong with that cars ffb its perfect,,, my new fav in rf2... !!

marmagas likes this.
  9. mark7

mark7 Registered

Finally got to spend some time with the GT3 pack today after finally curing the high fps stutter issue I’ve had since the dx11 change over.
    Reinstalled RF2 from scratch and adjusted the controller tweaks including the use seperate core “true” in the json for my Simsteering wheel and finally everything is running smooth :)
    The GT3 cars ffb is excellent and I will be supporting S397 with future dlc purchases. Thanks S397!

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've gone back to the Bentley, throwing that around Philip Island and Adelaide all the while using a Sequential Shifter instead of the paddles is great fun. Plus it being right hand drive makes it feel more "at home" to me, even have quite a low seating position so as to only just see the Apex at PI...oh yeah that's hardcore!

sg333, marmagas and LokiD like this.
  11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Super good DLC good Job isi/s397
    i suggest to racers to buy this package its very good

Ricardo likes this.
  12. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered

13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I bought GT3 pack yesterday. How the dampers work now? The higher the number less absorption?

Physics feels really good.

14. marmagas

marmagas Registered

All cars come with the setup options as found on the real cars and three dry weather compounds ranging from the soft “S7” to the hard “S9” and a wet weather compound. One of these details in the setup options is the fact that both the Bentley and the McLaren use Ohlins dampers for which 0 is the stiffest setting and higher values mean the dampers get softer. Another example is the exact position and size of the anti-roll bar on the McLaren, whose setup options we’ve named accordingly, like “P3 25x2mm”, where for other cars we use the more familiar “clicks”. Worth mentioning is the steering lock on the Mercedes–quite limited compared to the other cars (about 400 degrees). It should be just enough to negotiate very tight turns on some tracks, but still doable! Finally, the Radical has only four wing positions; however, they are quite widely spaced compared to the other cars, giving you the option to create both high and low downforce setups.

https://www.studio-397.com/2017/10/gt3-power-pack-release/

Damian Baldi likes this.
  15. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Has anyone tried driving the Callaway or the AMG on a wet track? No matter which tire I choose its like ICE compared to eg. the Nissan GTR. Are there no rain tires yet on these things?

16. RoWo

RoWo Member

You have to chose rain tires (P2M) for the front and the rear as well. First time I tried wet tires I made the same mistake, I took wets only for the front.

Ace Pumpkin, Scoopscat7 and Mibrandt like this.
  17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thank you ! That must be it :)

18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The Calloway for me on wets feels like the rears are on rails in the wet,the fronts will wash out but the rear feels way too planted.
    Granted I’ve never driven the car in the rain so I don’t know if it’s realistic or not

19. Christos Segkounas

Understeer in the wet is normal car behavior.

dadaboomda likes this.
  20. marmagas

marmagas Registered