Latest Roadmap Update - November 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Traveller

Traveller Member

In under the wire again. :)

Go DX11.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi Christopher.

Concerning this point :

"At the moment we are working feverishly to update all our cars and tracks to make maximum use of these new features."

Concerning the update of the cars, it is also about the physics part ?

If so, will the cars concerned by the update benefit from all the latest physics technologies such as the latest tires? (as on the GT3).

Thanks and good luck.

Emery likes this.
  4. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Great roadmap, finally DX11 will be the default, DX9 really needs to die off now. Good to see the rain update will be out shortly, on that note, it says alot of content needs updating for the rain features. i understand cars will need shader updates etc. but what about tracks? is there anything required for the tracks to support the new rain? i understand car modding but i have no idea on tracks.

Cheers.

Jon, F1Aussie and patchedupdemon like this.
  5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Slightly annoyed with that. Okay so DX9 won't be updated anymore fair enough. But that means no fixes to current bugs in DX9. So many, and I will either have to choose between having access to Gerald's brilliant tv plugin and a range of frustrating bugs, or no tv plugin but maybe some bug fixes...

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It would be nice if all content was getting under the hood updates too, but anyway, does that mean the glass issue with the historic F3 car or the rearwing reflection issue of the DW12 will be addressed, amidst other things?

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Looking forward to the results of many months of work.

8. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

The images looks very promising. Rain drops is a must.

fsuarez79, Guimengo and The Iron Wolf like this.
  9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Excellent stuff, glad to see things are moving along. Keep up the good work gents and have a safe Christmas.

Footnote: I hope you are letting the third party modders in on the rain and damage info so we can then expect to get non S397 content updated by these great contributors over time.

Ernie likes this.
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks again , all heading in the right direction !!

11. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Looks good. Just a question, though.

Which implies that some of it will be left out. Could we get clarity on what will be included, and thus indeed what would be excluded?

12. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

Mouai ... et les bugs divers et variés ... comme le full yellow en français qui fait crasher le jeu ?
    C'est bien beau de faire des mods payant ... mais finissez votre jeu avant !

yes ... and various bugs ... like the full yellow in French that makes the game crash?
    It's fine to make paying mods ... but finish your game before!

UsedMomo likes this.
  13. Tackset

Tackset Registered

Apparently you know when it's 'finished'. If they would approach it that way, you would not be able to play rf2 until it's finished. Which would never happen, because then there are no paying customers.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the Road Map, couple of points of interest:

As an intermediate step before we come with a new HUD system for plugins, we’ll focus on providing a default HUD that includes a lot of the features you have been enjoying in third party plugins. One of these is a new dial that show you the time delta compared to your best lap, but we have a few other new things and enhancements planned --- This simply must include a FFB Clipping section as that is one of the most simple and at the same time effective tools for calibrating the steering wheel correctly with the in-game options. Whilst DX11 has been in Beta it is perfectly understandable not to have such a tool, but when it becomes Default then I'd be pretty disappointed if such an important tool is left out, I can't stress enough how important this tool is! Another one but arguably not as important would be an FPS meter for VR, having to use the Oculus Debug tool is a PITA.

I'm glad you're at the point to bring DX11 to the Default setting, the sooner you can deprecate DX9 and concentrate solely on DX11 will be of a huge benefit as Marcel hinted at in the recent RD Live Stream. I appreciate others still have performance issues so hopefully the next Build addresses their concerns, personally for me DX11 on a flat screen (eeww!) already performs to a suitable standard and is pretty much equal with DX9 performance if a little below but nothing bad.

The Rain effects (something of which I'm very much looking forward too) look good in screenshots but the proof is always in the pudding :D not just visually but for me on an AI level as well, I hope the AI don't turn laps as fast in the wet as they do in the dry like some other game does <cough> currently and that they have the same issues with potential aquaplaning as the Human driver...again unlike another game <cough>.

Looking forward to it all, thanks for your continued hard work S397.

15. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@MarcG said and I totally agree :

"This simply must include a FFB Clipping section as that is one of the most simple and at the same time effective tools forcalibrating the steering wheelcorrectly with the in-gameoptions. Whilst DX11 has beenin Beta it is perfectlyunderstandable not to havesuch a tool, but when itbecomes Default then I'd bepretty disappointed if such an important tool is left out, I can't stress enough how important this tool is!"

Paul Stante and Arne Senna like this.
  16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

What worries me is that the roadmap does not mention anything about realism :

- Recent technologies physics to integrate to all existing ISI/S397 cars in particular the creation of new tires (do not tell me that it does not must not be relevant).
    To ride every week with all cars ISI / S397 (even the boxmaster and the quad Ah Ah), I can assure you that there is not a car that does not deserve this update. Push back the next DLC by 4 months so that it can take advantage of the existing one. For example I saw that some users were waiting for F1 ... to make this update on the two ISI F1 would be wise ...

- Management of aquaplanning planned for when? 3 months, 6 months, never a priority ?
    As well as all the elements related to the rain : different impact on the piloting according to the very precise place where the car is in relation to a puddle, improvement of the link realroad / rain, evaporation etc.

mesfigas likes this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

To answer myself about the FFB Clipping Tool I've just had a conversation with Marcel in Discord, this is not something that is coming with the update and I quote: "it is noted, and we'll take it into consideration."

Yes I'm disappointed but that's life, can't have everything and I shall say no more on the matter.

Tackset likes this.
  18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

That is very disappointing to hear,such a basic but fundamental aspect to be left out of priority is disconcerting to say the least.
    a basic feature which without we can’t actually calibrate our ffb should have been ontop of the pile of included features when dx11 comes out of beta.

Who makes these decisions???!

Guimengo likes this.
  19. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I have no inside information, however I would suggest that licensed content like Formula E had to be delivered for the start of the season, so resources would be put on that task.We may not like it, but if I was trying to build a business model, I would sometimes make tough decisions.
    I have been here since the beginning, and I hope S397 are on the right path.

Like many, I would like to see better support for the modding community, but maybe the business model has changed since ISI days. If so, that would also be a good statement to make. Once again, people may not like it, but everyone would understand what the plan is

ECAR_Tracks, Guimengo, Emery and 2 others like this.
  20. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

Je sais bien que le jeu n'est et ne sera pas fini ...
    Mais je reprends l'exemple du full yellow qui fait planté rF2 dès son apparition quand le jeu est en langue Français. Ce bug est apparue il y a plusieurs mois déjà et rien n'est fait à ce niveau pour le corriger.
    Donc oui, je suis ravis de voir que les mods "payant pas vraiment" et autres améliorations arrivent. Mais je le serai encore plus si les bug ou autre soient corrigés ;)

I know that the game is and will not be over ...
    But I take the example of the full yellow which planted rF2 from its appearance when the game is in French language. This bug appeared several months ago and nothing is done at this level to fix it.
    So yes, I'm glad to see that the mods "not really paying" and other improvements are coming. But I will be even more if the bug or other are corrected;)
    Sorry for my English

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.