Does the Samsung HMD Odyssey work with rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DreamLAN Master, Nov 21, 2017.

1. DreamLAN Master

DreamLAN Master Registered

Does anyone know if the Odyssey VR headset will work with rF2 and if so is the higher res worth it over purchasing the rift?

Thanks...

2. Depco

Depco Registered

I believe that the new Windows Mixed reality devices will be compatible with steamVR. I don't know if this will translate to compatibility with rF2 though as I don't know what API they use to send the signal to the HMD. I believe it is through steamVR. Maybe someone here can expound on this.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

The Oculus work through Steam VR.
    Then could be logical to say, it's the same.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  4. DreamLAN Master

Well just watched a live stream, that Marcel did with Race Dept., and he has used the Dell Visor and stated that the Microsoft AR headsets do work with rFactor 2.
    Figured they would, but didn't want to assume anything, because we all know what happens when we assume things. ;)

Peace!

lagg likes this.
  5. felthat

felthat Registered

Not sure how different resolution looks in practice but if u gonna use it only in racing then sure go for it. Did you read anything about odyssey? Actually more than resolution id look for screen quality etc, you know, how its built. If you are going to play other vr games which i strongly recommend then imo so far Touch is king. Or simply get whats cheaper :D

6. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Yes works I just used the acer n resoultion is better less screen door effect but a little dull. So the samsung should be better again. I have one coming so will update when I get it.

MarcG, multivac and lagg like this.
  7. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Simple to setup no need for light box. Just 1 cable split for usb3.0 and a hdmi. Note usb must be connected to usb3.0

8. DreamLAN Master

Yes, I've done some research on the Odyssey. I believe that it has the highest res (1,440x1,600 pixels) of the Windows AR, Rift and Vive headsets and the screens in it are AMOLED type, same as the Rift and Vive.
    I currently have a Vive, but was just looking into the Odyssey for racing and maybe other sit down type titles and the fact as Paulfield mentioned it's "simple to setup".
    Also, Paul mentioned the other thing that has me worried about the Odyssey in that it is not as bright. Hoping that will be something adjusted in the future.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

For what I've read, STEAMVR integration is in the pipeline for windows AR devices, but not yet done, Samsung seems to wait to sell his headset to europe, maybe waiting for the integration. dunno.

10. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered