Released Formula E Energize Pack 2018 - Now Available!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 28, 2017.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Purchased and installed, thank you S397 for the continued support in attempting to bring this dying simulation back to life.

coltair, Ricardo and McNolo like this.
  2. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

What is currently reported as 'oil' temperatures need to be kept under 60-63ºC.
    Brakes work best from about 350°C to about 700°C. (carbon discs)
    Tyres, not really such thing as an optimal, but it's generally around 85ºC.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

This is what Marcel said some days ago about this
    RD: And how about tracks? I see the pack will come with Hong Kong, will we be seeing more from the Formula E schedule over time?
    MO: Yes, we anticipate to bring more tracks over time. We don't have a specific timeline yet.

You have the whole interview here.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...review-and-marcel-offermans-interview.144069/

PAL, gabrielof, McNolo and 2 others like this.
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah these older games like GTR2 or Codies TOCA managed it because tracks back then were something like 10 to 100 times less in poly count. Now even a basic terrain shader has something like six different materials. In GTR2 days track horizon was typically some 2D mesh, now all objects are 3D models. Nowadays sim studios typically take at least 2-3 months to deliver a single track, sometimes much longer.

gabrielof, McNolo and lagg like this.
  5. yippssy

yippssy Registered

I don't know if you are talking about libraries of the mod, but at F-E all cars are equal.

McNolo and juanchioooo like this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Apologies I was getting pissed at a Premier League football match, ya know having a life outside of nitpicking issues in racing car simulation games and constantly finding fault like some people, on my 8th beer.....feeling rough!

bwana, TheMattyOnline and LokiD like this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

so how about the ffb and physics ? Does it have the radical grainy ffb? Or we good with these cars now.

I'm sure its a fun car just bought the gt pack so gonna hold off for a bit. But we never thought rf2 would be in a dlc kinda place so it's all good in the end.

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yippssy likes this.
  9. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered

rFactor 2 appeals to me for many reasons and it is the sim that turn to the most. They are trying to keep alive and relevant a sim that was dated and had a troubled life. Studio 397 has provided a ton of quality content in the past for free. They then made the commitment to provide us with extended life via the new builds, a switch to DX11, and more content. Free tracks, free cars, etc. I don't feel I owe them anything but I like rFactor 2. I like the content that Studio 397 has produced. The only way I can keep my rFactor 2 fix going is to support them. They do need to make a living from doing this or there's no point. If they die, rFactor 2 dies.

I am not saying that we should not be critical of the content being provided but it should be considered in context. They were honest about the state of the release. They did not hide the fact that the product is not finished. I will agree that, as they get their commercial footing, they do need to try to release a more complete product. But, for right now, I am glad that there's new licensed content, LICENSED! If, a year from now we still have releases with "Test driver 11" and tracks that have AI issues, etc... then I think, the context will be different and would warrant a harsh response.

I supported S397 via the purchase of the GT3 pack and will support them via the purchase of the Formula E content.

Studio 397 folks, thank you. I know you worked through the holidays to get this out. I appreciate the effort that is going into all this. Thank you for keeping this sim alive. Between you and me, I don't really dig Formula E so this purchase is all for you. I don't even dig open wheelers much. I'm a GTR2 and old school car fan. The Howston.... oh yeah.... I freaking love to hate that car!

Ricardo

bhendrik, lagg, Nismogtr and 4 others like this.
  10. Paulo Silva

Paulo Silva Registered

I'm quite happy to see Rfactor 2 breathing. after so much time waiting for updates and everything, I go here every day to see what may be new, and today I'm facing the launch of this pack. As I said before I will buy with eyes closed as I did with the GT3 package, I know I spent some money on this black friday, I bought the driver knowing that this package would be released, but I had to compare because I only played Rfactor2, motorist is a game excellent: physics, cars national tracks of my country of origin Brazil, among other things, but ... in my opinion Rfactor 2 is a step up in physics of any simulator, but needs to improve on those points that many have mentioned, correct errors, finish projects, improve UI, create a tool for offline championships, improve product disclosure, but I see no other way of this simulator to grow if we users / customers do not support studio 397, I do not think I'm throwing money away with the packages , I see it is a long-term investment, now it may not generate the desired return but there ahead it will compensate. as it is already compensating.

I used google translate, if there are any errors, it's his fault.

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks S397 :) Would be nice to Formula E Showcar to be under different category in Opponent selection of AI race.

12. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

good to see the quality of these cars. fantastic models.

I do have a question as i don't know much about Formula E, is the steering lock meant to be 900Degrees? the cars seem to be aerodynamic bricks. not sure if this is due to rotation of steering or indeed its just a brick lol.

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Wow, that was surprisingly fun to mess with engine power/regen and to coast, reminds me of someone in my family who used to coast to save gas :D

So far, the biggest issue is inability to increase the steering lock without lock-to-lock degrees. In city, 30-34 lock is a must, but do drivers really have to circle through whole 900"? I can work it around with my steering wheel, but then rotation in game doesn't match visual rotation. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Thanks for such an impressive optimization. I was expecting problems in city, and it was ok in VR on a rather outdated system.

14. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Ask Kunos about their Laguna Seca, it's taking forever and still no release date announced.
    In FE the tracks are not even permanent, we have new tracks this season that nobody knows how it looks like.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@gabrielof In addition to the above, part of the reason for the fuel rate limit in F1 was to stop them going flat out at the start of straights and coasting down the second half, because as for electric power that's the most efficient way to use your fuel. They felt that wouldn't be good racing, so they limited the fuel rate which means the overall fuel use limit allows them to keep accelerating most of the time. But of course there's still lift and coast as they start with as little fuel as they think they can get away with.

@peterchen most ISI/S397 promises were never promises made. They were things people misunderstood or assumed. As for 'complete series', the other games you've mentioned were single-series games. Of course they had everything.

gabrielof likes this.
  16. Comante

Comante Registered

Tried briefly these cars yesterday, first impression is that you need to rethink driving with these. Managing torque and recharge seems to be key to control the car. In the slippery HK track (didn't care to check for rubber or green track) at first I had difficult making turns (i downplayed wheel rotation to 360 and that seems fine) and car was upset every time I lifted throttle. I guess after some practice and maybe some more rubber on the track, all will be fine. I don't know how they are supposed to overtake as the track is pretty narrow in many parts. About sound, I was unamused just exiting the pits, after a while, once you gain some speed I feel the sound is quite intriguing.

DaveS78 and bwana like this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

£8.73 is a bargain, cheaper than 2 of last nights beers, bought in support of S397 (more interested in the track actually) and will have a go in these electric things when the hangover clears!

18. Karei

Karei Registered

I wonder how much the tracks differ.

patchedupdemon, gabrielof and Prodigy like this.
  19. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

It is?
    Why?:eek:

One of the guys in the league turned the Skippy into an electric car.
    Still testing it but I drove it and an electric Skip Barber is interesting.
    Now, since he is so talented at this stuff I am going to ask him to do an engine swap on this one and throw in an ICE.

20. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Wow, it's from 5 days ago, maybe a cooperation happened?