Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Except FFB multi at 1 is too much for me.
    Running DX11 without my plugins I have no way of knowing if I am clipping or not but, at least according to everyone else I have spoken too, I should be clipping and quite heavily at that.
    So if this is how it's supposed to be working, and FFB multi 1 is supposed to give you the realistic weight of the car, maybe it's not working as intended.
    And the moment you come in and take things over you might as well go the whole way and fix the steering to how you like to drive and you know actually works for you.

So I tried as you said and used "vehicle set" and gradually kept lowering the FFB multi.
    Steering got lighter and lighter but it never gave me the sort of beautiful feedback I previously described, to the point of me thinking it was all just in my head.
    So I went back to my own settings which cut the steering ratio by half and thankfully that feeling with the AMG was restored.
    And it's beautiful.
    Just for reference, try 220 degrees of wheel rotation and 0.35 FFB multi and maybe you will get that feeling too.
    The moment the car goes into a perfect 4 wheel change of direction and the tires reach the absolute limit you can feel the steering suddenly get real light and that tells you all you need to know.
    I used Nordschleife2 24H for my testing BTW and medium rubber.
    Give it a go, I'm curious.
    I know such fast wheel ratio leads to big driver errors so one needs to be really precise.
    My philosophy is that if you want to run at the front then that's the sort of precision required for that and if you don't have it you get to suffer accordingly.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You can use DAM plugin to verify it. FFB is logged as a %. 100% value is clipping.

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Easy to see how something is not quite right. Have a drive of the apex mod version of the cars to have a good feeling about driving a gt3

4. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

I agree but I do not want to buy today a thing that tomorrow costs less....

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Only a few things don't cost less with the pass of the time :rolleyes:

6. Christos Segkounas

Thanks, didn't know that.
    Not sure if I can post a screenshot of MOTEC here seeing as the DAMS plugin is,errr, not affiliated?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm a little foggy on some terminology. What the heck is the "Vehicle Set" referring to?

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have done it many times. There is no problem.

9. Christos Segkounas

Cool.
    My T150 uses stock values in the control panel, I used "vehicle set" and FFB=1 and stayed way clear of any curbs.
    [​IMG]
    In your wheel settings, checking "vehicle set" automatically sets the wheel rotation value of your wheel for the car you are using.
    The idea is that "vehicle set" corresponds to the real world steering rotation value of the vehicle so you are using "realistic steering".
    Supposedly this gives the modder a specific rotation value to work with to perfect steering feel.
    At least that's my understanding, I've only been sim racing for 9 months or so.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    marmagas likes this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I do not understand how people only do more than demand from studio397, and they do not support a DLC, which helps to continue improving rfactor 2, to studio 397, and ourselves, we are the ones who want this project to go forward, the improvement in the last one year is significant, although there are things to improve and correct, I do not mind to continue supporting that there are some official DLC ... thx

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For me improving rF2 would have meant making it a stable product, adressing historical bugs and increasing performance. The things that IMO cause the majority of refunds which I dare to say must be a lot according to the zigzags owner values show in steam spy.

If in order to have a decent experience you have to be asking in the forums, you are lost in todays market.

I cannot perceive S397 has done much here in the latest year. Maybe you can provide a list. I only see DX11 which I cannot use for performance reasons so I cannot benefit at all from this wonderful pictures they provided in the release.

Furthermore, the way DLC content is handled is even more complicated than it used to be with regular official content.

The new UI will be coming soon and from what it has been said it will only be the client side. The internal testing of this has started several weeks ago, by the time being spent on it, seems that it had a lot of things to refine. We should have a new roadmap in about a week and I wonder if a release date will be finally provided. Will the server side UI require another year of development?

In terms of simulation there are things to do but it is the aspect where rF2 stands out from the rest by a lot. However this doesn't seem to be a selling argument according to rF2 vs AC/PC figures.

peterchen and Guimengo like this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I think what grinds most people is that s397 don’t seem have learned from the past gripes members had with how Isi released stuff,correct me if I’m wrong.

But to play devils advocate,name me one game where the devs don’t release stuff with issues then fail to fix those issues before releasing more stuff,it seems to be a common merry go round that is just sadly normal in the industry,stacking issues that get pushed further down the ladder

13. Gevatter

Gevatter Registered

Automobilista. Reiza are very good at fixing their stuff before releasing something new, at least before releasing new paid content.

14. demerzel

demerzel Registered

I think it's fair to say that most thing they done in the past year is not spectacular for us end users because mostly they did behind the scene changes.

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

IMO the initial roadmap was quite good (UI, radio, Dx11/VR...) but it has been continuously changed to fit new priorities. IMO the problem is the dramatic lack of economic resources that S397 has. I think that the results of DX11 in terms of sales were lower than expected and this provoked a big change in the roadmap which was never officially confirmed to avoid comments. Since summer DX11 seems frozen and ell efforts seem focused on marketing events and DLC.

WFG and DLC has provoked IMO a big delay and it was not in the initial roadmap. Its benefit is very discussable according to rF2 owners and DLC sales.

The Zandvoort and SimExpo events brought us rain (which was not in the initial roadmap but made its way somehow) and a now abandoned track.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What abandoned track?

17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I guess they're getting ready to a BIG update, i may be wrong, but next update will be a big step forward in development, small updates don't tease new buyers, a big step might bring more people into rF2...

LokiD likes this.
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

spaksis I thought I moaned a lot but I'm really getting tired of reading your posts man. Why don't you have a break from the forums ? Clearly your not happy I took a rest from rf2 and it made me appreciate it when I bought pc2 lol

19. demerzel

demerzel Registered

This should be an rf2 meme now.
    Whenever someone expresses their disappointment with the game others quickly suggest that he/she should leave and/or play with other games. :D

peterchen likes this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I wish it was just a meme. Take a look at Sparkis posts more, it gets to a point where you already know what the post is about by simply getting the notification that he answered the thread.

juanchioooo and LokiD like this.