Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’ll be back setup & running I’m a few weeks , will purchase the radical

Do remember that some real world cars have little feeling coming back through the steering , one of the reasons I like the radical is it’s a fairly lite weight yet powerful car so one can easily feel the twitchyness through the steering , it translates into a digital sim version very well
    Certain other cars not so much but then used preference when comparing would perhaps be sane in real world too

2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Yeah, I've been mentioning this for ages. It's completely overdone, actuallty you should have a bit light and bucking steering wheel when dragging the front wheels when understeering instead of a completely dead response to the point you have to steer the wheel back at the corner exit.

This is plain wrong. Caster shouldn't affect ffb that way. Actually by my experience increase caster has almost no effect on steering wheel behavior although it's really affects the turn in capability.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Not helpful, and you've been warned about this multiple times.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Spasskis in his post is polite, isn't rude with anyone, and should be free to express his opinion of the GT3 pack cars in this thread, even if you dislike it.

Mine is much worse than his, I consider a joke a very benevolent qualification for this very expensive pack of cars.

What happens when he is helpful?
    Take for instance the report of the incorrect weight distribution of the Radical, did he receive any acknowledgement of the bug, any time frame for the problem to be fixed?

No to my knowledge, I'll apologize if you can prove me wrong.

Cheers.

5. Christopher Elliott

I don't need to prove anything, my job is to keep the forum discussion flowing, and not break out into fighting and bickering.
    Too often a couple of members use our release threads to overly focus on and emphasize faults, and try to prove everything is wrong/broken. When in fact quite a lot of users are enjoying the content. It's not to say we do not take criticism and want an open free discussion, and to correct bugs when we find them, but for some on here it seems like the only reason to be on here is to look at the negatives and derail threads into a big fight.
    And btw just because you are helpful in one place doesn't excuse being rude in another.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I will try to provide a more constructive feedback trying to explain what provoked my comment. I was very tired yesterday to make a more detailed report.

With one of the cars, which I think it was the Bentley, I would swear I was driving Assetto Corsa. No matter how hard I tried to lose control in an open environment I simply couldn't. The AMG on the other hand didn't need much to start spinning all around the place.

pkelly and Christopher Elliott like this.
  7. Christopher Elliott

Thank you

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

to be fair to chris, he is not a dev and can only report back issues. This is pretty much all out of his hands. However it would be nice to have a dev address some of our issues directly. I know I know there very busy, but a dev stream of something could be of use... no S397?

It would also be a shame for this small knit community to start getting to negative with devs and staff and eachother. Rf2 needs all the support it can get, and this the best place to do it! :)

9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Personally, I love the FFB of the AMG.
    The way the wheel gets light letting you know you are right on the limit.
    Apparently people either love it or hate it from what I've read so far.
    I never use "vehicle set", prefer to manipulate the steering ratio to my own liking and the AMG had me reducing the wheel range down to a ridiculous 220 degrees.
    That's because the steering is slow around center which is a no go for me.
    Well, that fixes it.

10. Skan

Skan Registered

Not using vehicle set is going to also throw other things off unless you are using a wheel that is for that specific type of vehicle. Use the vehicle set or you are working against the very thing you and others are trying to achieve in all cars.

Emery and Guimengo like this.
  11. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I've made a 5 hours GT3 race this afternoon. Few points:

- Maybe the best handling cars I ever tried in any simulator. They behavior as a real car which makes to push them a natural thing. They obey the physics laws, FFB is predictable, you can understand what is going on tyres and suspension.
    - The AI copilot is much faster than other AIs. S397should fix it since it damages the overall experience (in 10 laps my AI second driver had overtaken every other 18 regular AIs, 10 AIs were already behind me otherwise my second AI driver would screw them as well)
    - rF2 is not smooth on DX11 basis. Control + F shows OK FPS figures but it's not smooth when you compare to PC2, AC or Automobilista. It's look like something CPU bound, I can't go in details, but the experience is stuttered enough to be felt. And there's nothing I can do regarding hardware, 1080 ti here.
    -Aside those, best racing game ever made.

12. Christos Segkounas

Suppose then I'd also have to stick with the default FFB multi of 1?
    Seeing as I like to tune the steering of every car to my liking, it is perhaps not a coincidence I've never been here complaining about steering feel.
    Also, considering the wide variety of hardware (and settings) used by people out there, I can see how a fixed setting could end up providing a significantly different experience to users.
    So I'd rather stick to what I'm comfortable with and has always worked for me.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  13. Christos Segkounas

What I'm not comfortable with is my AMG dashboard not displaying such vital information such as fuel load!
    I'd be ok with that so long as I knew that they are still working on it, the dashboard looks like it's only half way there and half of the display appears to be redundant.
    Any word on that?

14. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

I use CAR SPECIFIC FFB MULT = 0.63 for all cars from GT3 Pack, except AMG, here I have 0.72. The steering effort on my Fanatec is 100%. In this case I feel very good ffb. You do not need to twist the steering wheel much, you need to feel the grip on the track on a small turn of the steering wheel. Otherwise, you turn the steering wheel too much, this is reported by ffb.
    Sorry for translator.

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  15. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

I wonder if there will be a black friday offer for this pack

16. ajit

ajit Registered

hi everyone,

I have to prepare a model of formula student car to run on Rfactor 1.
    I haven't done anything like this before
    does anyone knows what details are needed for the simulation to be as accurate as possible or does anyone knows any website that give you all the details of car needed to make that car model in rfactor.
    could anyone please help me to get started.

Please help :'(
    thank you

17. Christopher Elliott

Sorry but this is not the place to post this question, and you've posted it in 3 other unrelated threads (which were deleted).
    Also in this forum we only deal with rFactor 2, you'll have to visit ISI forums for rFactor 1. Thanks.

18. Skan

Skan Registered

@christos_Swc
    Not using the vehicle set would be ideal if you only drove one vehicle type (F1, GT3, P1, etc.) and only one vehicle type, have a wheel that was intended to match only that type of vehicles wheel rotation and the wheel setup correctly. This is just one scenario

Manually adjusting the FFB per car would be ideal for said situation above as one team has more than one driver and other times where more than one person has to use that same rig and vehicle. This is just one of the uses.

If you check the vehicle set and use the default 1.00 multiplier, you will let rF2 do it's job. It cannot do what it is supposed to do if you are trying to do it's job for it. On the default setting (with a properly set up wheel) you will feel the difference in each and every car. You will feel the difference in each and every track that has a difference to feel. You will confidently control the car instead of hanging on. Each car will respond correctly and will do what your hands tell it to do.

19. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

yes, no, maybe? only 1 word

20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Frankly the GT3 pack is at a fair price, it would be not fair for S397 to pay less than 15 euros...

Why I say this ? Because it is : 5 cars + 5 license + 5 REAL car datas + all last physics technologies.

Pay for a non REAl DATA DlC cars or tracks (laser scanned), for me it is NO.
    Pay for real data cars or laser scanned tracks, YES !!

We can't ask for promotion, S397 need cash for improving RF2 and make "professionals DLC cars and track".

Just my opinion.