[REL] iDT 2005/2006 Champcar Lola

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by iDTDoug, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Wow, the physics for rf2 really only address horizontal downforce and vertical forces, there would need to be some sort of balance involved to get the numbers right for that wing.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    davehenrie likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

:) The real car didn't work so well either. The drivers complained right from the start and the wings were cut off and a huge barn-door rear wing was mounted. I just think they were the neatest bestest looking cars this side of a Chaparral 2e!

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Here, I don't mind sharing setups. 1:44.638. Even if you can't use it, you can open it with notepad, and get an idea of what my settings are.

Attached Files:

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Well I'm happy to see things are starting to be non issues or very little bugs.

@Shamrock - Odd to see the change in the version of Road America be the fix. Happy to see the lap times be very close. You might be onto something with the ride height and the bumps causing the slow speed. There might be a ride height issues (see response below)

@burgesjl @ede78 @Coutie - I do think there might be an issue with the ride height. I've noticed the "Sudden stop" happen if I go through gravel. I'll verify the series rules and translate the minimum ride height to the .hdv. But I just wanted to call out Portland in particular. The issue going through the chicane I have also noticed, but I don't think it is specific to this car. There is a massive bump coming out of it. The ride height issue, may be a small cause, but the bump also plays a part.
    Inked20171119085423_1_LI.jpg

@Will mazo @deceda - I don't have the FFB monitor as it is DX11, but I do notice the FFB is heavier. I'm honestly not sure of a fix, besides maybe turning the FFB multiplier down in the Options. If some one knows of a fix please let me know

I won't be on a lot this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, but I'll do my best to fix these issues (again, me going into uncharted territories of my modding skills). Then from there I'll continue work on the DP01 :) Thanks again for the comments, and bug reporting. Please keep it up so I can improve for the following cars!

Shamrock likes this.
  5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

We tested a lot of cars at portland and never saw that issue.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

My problem is not with FFB (I think), it's the purple bar (CPU) that stays very close to max with this mod, so any bump, any curb will push it to full and the game run out of real time or whatever the devs named it.
    Look it here, most mods stay a bit above half, this one does not
    GRAB_021.JPG

7. deceda

deceda Registered

Same problem as Will.

8. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

what are your pc specs guys? Posting performance issues without your pc specs (cpu, ram, vid card) doesn't help us identify the issue.

9. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

I haven't tried this specific mod, but FWIW, I'm having to severely limit number of AI to keep the CPU in "real-time" with most mods since DX11 implementation. You can keep the falling out of real-time to a minimum by also using "medium" track/player/opponent details and reduced AA (if any).
    i5-750 (2.66Ghz)
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    GTX560

Other DX11 sims run much smoother on this same system (like, Dirt: Rally). rF2 just seems much less optimized at the moment. I'm probably going to just set rF2 aside until further optimization comes down the pipeline. Zero issues with fields of 25-30 in various mods on DX9.

10. ede78

ede78 Registered

same here.
    • AMD FX-8350, 8x4.0 GHz
    • 24 GB DDR3-1600 (2x4GB, PC3-12800), Dual Channel
    • AMD MSi Radeon RX 580, 8GB GDDR5
    • ASUS M5A97 2.0, AMD 970, AM3, ATX
    • Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
    CPU Usage purple bar full with 18 AI Driver.
    Change to 10 Drivers. CPU Usage purple bar at 50%. Problem solved.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  11. deceda

deceda Registered

Track: Zolder 2016 Ver. 1.03
    Specs:
    Asus Crosshair VI - MB
    AMD Ryzen 1700x OC 3900 Mhz
    16 Gb DDR4 Flare X OC 3333 Mhz
    KFA2 HOF 1080 GTX slightly OC - Driver 388.31
    1 TB Samsung SSD 960 evo
    Windows 10 professional
    CPU purple bar at 100% with abovementioned Track. It is the only mod which shows such behaviour. Reducing Opponents from 19 to 10 seems to solve the problem. But this combination shows a weird behaviour i never saw before..^^

12. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

How much ram on that gtx560? The i5 with only 4gb is a little limiting. Also are you running rf2 as 32bit or 64 bit? That can make a huge difference.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Maybe some of the physic rating is causing it, I'd compare with the DW12, they arent the same cars but just to see if there is something too different that is not going well with rF2.

14. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

2GB on the GPU. At this point, it's probably better long-term to build a new system for this "next" generation of software as opposed to throwing more RAM at it to kick the can down the road.

15. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I have a 4GB gtx70 on win10 x64 with 32gb ram and i get stutters so it's not just our specs, the code does need memory optimizing for sure.

16. Chris Lesperance

I think I might have figured out part of the issue, but rF2 isn't allowing me to test.

I went into the .hdv and edited the minimum ride height to be 2 inches (per Champ Car rules). I still was experiencing the "sudden stops" at a few places. I then noticed some .hdv line longer than the others. The rF2 Online tools didn't add some values to it's own line, and it was something I missed when I did a final conversion. You can see that on the screen shot on the text document on the right. One of them is the Undertray Params, which i figure is causing the issue.
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Now the problem is, if I drop the values to a new line, the game will crash. Even if I drop 1 value to a new line, the game will crash. The game will not crash if I leave them the way they are. In the Mod Dev trace file, I get the ".hdv file references unknown tire compound " everytime. Anybody have any ideas?

17. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just a hint: a while ago chris (redapg, who made the online tools) told me, that the windows notepad or windows editor don't always show the correct format of the rfactor files and also of the tool generated files.
    The tools format the files properly.
    He told me that it is the best to use notepad++ as editor for rfactor files, to get the files opened correctly.

toebee likes this.
  18. Chris Lesperance

I do remember that now. I have forgotten that was mentioned. I have taken the file and copied and pasted from Wordpad to Notepad. I only had a few min, but the game did not crash. I didn't get a chance to drive to see if it corrected the issues.

19. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Little help needed here. Trying to create a new livery, I have created the directory in the car that I have selected
    In this case Alex Tagliani, created the skin and called it Alt.dds. it shows up fine on the car.
    However the Wings will not show properly?

Here are the names I have given the wings. as per the MAS file
    Champ05_altwing.dd
    Champ05_Taglianiwing.dds

Neither work? anyone?

20. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If your car is called alt.dds, it would be altwing.dds.