Nordscleife laser scanned

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by dadaboomda, Nov 17, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Do you mean GT3's. Only 10%?

Or is there DLC I don't know about?

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes I mean the GT3.
    Exactly less than 10% actually. About 4400 people out of 55000 estimated owners.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Many people are perfectly happy with the converted version, otherwise DJC and Tosch would not have spent all the effort to improve it. If you have never been to the real Nordschleife (I bet most of us don't), and if you don't intend to use it for preparation for the real Nords, then I think it's accurate enough for most of us. It certainly is for me, I couldn't care less if trees are in wrong place. What I care slightly about is the bumps and mesh quality, which is a bit too low. The only thing that is obviously wrong in my eye is the elevation changes, which are bigger than on real life track. But I can't pinpoint a corner that is "completely wrong".

Regarding Nords DLC, I agree with @SPASKIS, it will be next to impossible to make it work if sales are 4400 samples like for the GT3 pack.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

First off.... How many Nordschleife's are there for rF2? I just know of one mod (fall) and the AC rip. The mod also has corners too sharp in a lot of places when comparing to AC or Pcars.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Only one legal, the one from Com8 that was edited by Pleclair, Tosch and DJC. I would have said exactly the opposite, that AC version has sharper corners than the rF2 mod.

bwana likes this.
  6. yippssy

yippssy Registered

There is nothing illegal in give the laserscanned tracks of AC to AC laser scanned tracks owners.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Last time I drove the ksRing it felt and looked completely the same as the AC version. Being a replica and considering the AC version is laser scanned, I don't see the need for it.
    If you want the 24H versions of the track, I think you have better chances at contacting the person who ported the ksRing and ask him for it rather than waiting for S397.

8. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I work for a company who does 3d virtual tours of houses using a 360deg matterport camera. No idea if the whole process would work on a race track, but I'd be willing to give it a go!

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That is interesting when I hear the opposite. Thanks for not yelling at me.

P.S. Not that you have in the past. I just been spending too much time in AC.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Erm... no, that doesn't make it ok...

11. bwana

bwana Registered

‘Room with a view’ ? My wife does same for her own property company

12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I suppose it doesn't but as an AC Nordschleife owner I don't feel too guilty.

I would be happy to pay for it again here in rF2!

Am I forgiven?:oops:

dadaboomda likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hey, I'd do and think the same, the point is it's not legal :p

Emery, vegaguy5555 and dadaboomda like this.
  14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

As I said with recent DLC support even Kunos could try to sell their laser scanned tracks converted to rF2. Some agreement with the track owners should be reached first.

IMO redoing this track from scratch would be an immense loss of time and resources to get to the same point.

15. Tackset

Tackset Registered

I have tried some different versions of the Nordschleife, but haven't found one that I like yet.

Is there any concensus about which is the best? I don't care which layout, either Industriefahrten / VLN / 24h, but a pointer to a good one would be appreciated!

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

On RF2, the only realists really are the two converted versions of AC: ksring version 0.60a (old version made by Pleclair) and the version "Nordschleife 2016" that must be a priori privilegiate (the "modder" is anonymous).

What is more realistic than the Tosch / DJC version: all aspects that are related to the physics, the unevenness and the layout of the track.

Unfortunately there is also a major problem, but the words are important: the graphics are NOT bad, but they are simply perfectly FALSE: it is hardly if we recognize the nordschleife at the visual level as everything is different. I gave the example of the trees because there are thousands and thousands: if the trees have no resemblance to the real ones while it is with the road the element that one sees everywhere ... so we are not on the nords without even talking about the layout, the details of the road and the unevenly complete. For those who are used to reading my posts ... you know how bad graphics are secondary for me. But there is a huge difference between "bad" graphics and "FALSE" graphics!

Regarding the two converted versions that should be privileged: on AC there are two systems: part of the scanned laser details is VISIBLE on the track = these details are actually in the scanned laser version of RF2. Unfortunately the other details (I suppose very fine) are not in physics of the track converted on RF2:

Nevertheless, this is not an absolute certainty because it should ask PLeclair or the anonymous modder of the "Nordschleife 2016". .. Pleclair was banned from the forum I think and the other is unfortunately anonymous.

So between a totally wrong track at the physics / layout / elevated / graphical level and a "Nordschleife 2016" with all these elements good but with MAY be details of the track that were lost during the conversion ...
    the choice is very simple.

datasting likes this.
  17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

If you look user base to rFactor 2 it is not hard to understand that S397 doesn’t have the resources to laser scan tracks. When someone asks the laser scanned Nordschleife, it's simply too much to process and completely unrealistic.
    I can also see that the demand for visual level is a bit unrealistic, but when the demands are high and If rFactor 2 does not meet your expectations. rFactor Pro customers have access to a large selection of laser-scanned tracks, including the iconic Nürburgring Nordschleife and Le Mans’ Circuit de la Sarthe.
    Track detail is achieved by mapping survey photographs onto a LiDAR point-cloud generated road surface. We offer three quality levels, Engineering Quality – equivalent to a traditional low-quality engineering simulator, Low-Definition – equivalent to contemporary game standards of graphics and High-Definition – near photo-realistic circuit models running ambient occlusion.

Before you order
    remember to ask the cost it might be more then 15 euro ;)

fsuarez79 likes this.
  18. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Just watched the video of Nords on the rfPro website. Depressed now :p. Would love to see official track in rF2 but realise it is probably unrealistic. Even at a dlc cost.

19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Or buy a GT3 car and go drive there daily. It might be cheaper :D

dadaboomda likes this.
  20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In his last interview, Marcel confirmed that laser scanned tracks were coming in the future.