Please fix the Radical (old) FFB S397

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Nov 17, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The notchy ffb I feel is like,after initial turn in,so when cornering,it feels like the track is very bumpy,in every corner not just some,that’s the most simplistic way I can describe it,kinder like driving over rumble strips but with less frequency or rumble.

Oh dear that sounds like utter jibberish.

My new favourite saying lately is,”words fall from mouth like shit from ass”
    And that definitely applies to what I just tried to convey lol.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Which track are you testing on?

3. patchedupdemon

Silverstone,zandvoort,top gear test track,and a few others.

I’ve heard there’s a new firmware update from Thrustmaster,I will update and report back my findings

4. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I understand what you are trying to convey but I am now left wondering if you are just describing too much force feedback, the wheel reacting heavily to the slightest anomaly on the asphalt, something that would be improved by either using some smoothing or by turning the forces down.
    One of the reasons I have gone for a light steering wheel is because I need to be accurate with my steering inputs and not having to fight the wheel all the time.
    I quickly came to the conclusion in sim racing that FFB won't make you any quicker, it's just immersion.
    The moment the wheel starts fighting you is the moment you actually become slower by losing some of the cornering precision.
    If I could think of a case where I got something similar to yours was Watkins Glen, a track that by default has the highest grip asphalt I have come across on any track,where I found myself fighting the wheel and getting that "notchy" feeling as you described.
    I understood that to be just kickback,only too strong so I finally understood I had to turn down the forces.

Emery likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I would describe the Radicals FFB as a bit 'Grainy' on my T300 and nothing like I experience on any other car, almost like driving over very small loose gravel or Marbles in the turns (I don't feel it much on the straights). Is it undrievable? Certainly not, after a lap I get used too it and forget about it, I'd personally would rather the AI get fixed!

Rolacka and patchedupdemon like this.
  6. patchedupdemon

I don’t think I’m running too much ffb,I use 0 min force with 75-88 car specific,if I can remember correctly,I really miss the pedals pluggin.

Another example of how it feels is if the wheels were buckled,imagine how that would make the the steering react but only in corners

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I get exactly what guys here described. It's not our wheels. it's the car. It's too much of global coincidence

8. kimbo

kimbo Registered

feels perfect in my g27

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

..or maybe its something corrupting in the t300 profile. seems to be many of us having this. IM going to try the fresh profile thing!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

ok just been messing with this for a few mins.. I made a new profile which admittedly the ffb was lower than how I had it. (def at 60 mine was around 75 and had no min force) But when you turn slowly out of the garage, the vibration, geary , notchy feel ,only come in when your off throttle?! even of you crawl out if the garage?!

So if you turn out of your garage with a little gas then as your at half turn let off the throttle, the vibration then kicks in? Its strange that the vibration comes in when your off throttle though.

Sorry edit, min force off still doesn't rid this rumble on off throttle

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    patchedupdemon likes this.
  11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Does turning damper effect from thrustmaster settings to 100% have effect on that?

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

damper does nothing.
    If you do the turn out of garage off throttle thing, the wheel will vibrate like mad, just as the car crawls to a stop. It really weird.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Latest Firmware? I don't have anything like that with my T300.

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

don't get it on the USF. Min force at 0 reduces it, but still feels notchy.. Yeah I don't like it really doesn't feel the same "rfactor2" smooth as the others. (latest firmware from the other week!)

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

having said all this for me the killer against the ai (spoils the whole race!) is the speed they have.

16. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Yes well brought upLokiD. When low hanging fruit like this have previously been brought up we get informed that they are working on more important things?
    The trivial to others but important to some aspect receives little recognition. Surely fixing these smaller bugs continuously but quickly would provide a much closer "out of beta" product. When compared to the way AMS fixes small bugs 397 could really take a look at how well picking the low hanging fruit is, for very easy wins for the product to improve.

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

its not like the physics are bad just this feeling you get as described in this thread! Let's see what s397 do with this information.

18. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

There's apparently a new driver, not firmware, released back in late October.
    I was on race day and declined to download it, later forgot all about it.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Driver, firmware, whatever there was a recent update regardless.

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

most of these thrustmaster updates lately are just compatibility for new wheels. Not really fixes ffb!? Think once maybe they did it for dirt rally!