Re-join problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dobbie, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi Studio,

we have participated on 24h Nordschleife at P1-Gaming. After around 7h of driving and some driver swaps we had an problem, what kicked us out of race, also another racing team after maybe 9h.

Driver has to rejoin after Blackscreen. After that, we saw on live timing, that he was further "in pit", but he told us, that he drive. He does two laps over NOS, but no timing was recognized, maybe other cars hasn´t see our car, but our driver has seen others. As we´re sure that he wasn´t count, we decide to make driver swap, but following driver can´t find the car of our driver on Server. After that, our driver killed rF2 and want to rejoin, but Server said, "pending an open session". As ist wrote above, same problem at another team, it´s not individual on our side!

We drove Apex Mod and BTCC Touring cars, Version 1109 and official Nords 2.01, like in 2016, and there without such problems...

Maybe someone from Studio can ask P1-Gaming for logfiles and details of settings, maybe it´s problem of new version!?

But for me we need and option to decide for admins, if rejoin is accepted under all circumstances! It can´t go, that we´re not able to resume racing because of this or that, if admin want´s, that all cars could finish. Every issue means lost time, but it should be possible to rejoin under all circumstances, if admin didn´t uncheck this in an option menu. Also it should be possible to start right out of the box, if grid has been startet. Maybe you´ve had an gap, but in enduracnce racing it´s no problem. Last race one car of us crashed rF by session switch Warmup->Race, one car with black screen in formation lap behind safety car, both can´t rejoin, but has wished to be able to start out of the box. Live timing notice the gap and there were no problem for race result!

Hope someone have a look for this problems and solve it on the side of Studio397

Wishmaster likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

What was his connection speed set to? Also, when you rejoin, it usually doesn't count the first lap you do, but it shouldn't show you in the pits.

Edit: In the future, you can ask the admin to disqualify you, then un-disqualify you, and that will allow you to re-join the race.

3. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

He has connection speed as all races before, Lan up and down 5mbit. What would you recommend?
    I think he can´t be dq, because he wasn´t anymore an active driver at this point!?

4. Coutie

That speed is fine. There were issues before where people had a really low speed and couldn't be seen. You can always be dq'ed, no matter your status.
    Have you done driver swapping before this race?

5. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Yes, in multiple races. If in preparation for this race explizit i don´t know.

6. Meister_Yoda

Meister_Yoda Registered

Hi,

yeah we did a couple of swaps during the race it was the forth change.

He drove more overall three times over Start/Finsh and and the pit status did not change.
    The if you joined the DEDI as spactator the driver was now longer shown and could not be selected for a driver swap.
    The Live-Timeing still did show the vehicle but it's movement was not logged.
    DQ and UNDQ did only show up in the timetabel and the command was accepted but did not change the situation.

Thas same situation did happen to the Vortex Team in this race.

In former Endurance Races on P1 with the version 1108 we did not run into issues of this kind.

Kind regards

Yoda

7. Coutie

Hmm, I've never seen that before. If the admins can post replays and log files here that would be really helpful.

8. guod

guod Registered

Hi Alex. I was there and saw it happen. Looks like a possible new bug in driver swaps which needs some checking. We'll talk. ;)

Meister_Yoda, Dobbie and Coutie like this.
  9. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

I do not want to create a new topic and I have a driver back problem after losing the connection to the server.

The race starts forming lap. If the driver loses connection with the server after the lights go out, ie during the race eg on lap No. 1,2,3, the driver can return to the server and drive away from the garage.

If the driver loses connection with the server on a lap forming it after returning to the server, there is no way to go further (the RACE button is inactive).

Is this a game bug or something I have to change?
    Server setting:

"Race Rejoin": 2,

Davvid likes this.
  10. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi,

for me it´s an game bug or not thought about such cases. We had have same experiences last year in an 12h Spa race. Some one of our team had an issue, if i´m right an black screen and an crash into barrier. He had no chance to come back on track with picture and we advised him, to crash rF2 and to rejoin. There were no idea to wait until race was green. But as he wanted to rejoin, he can´t and race was over for the three oder four guys on the car :(.
    For me it should be possible, to advise server to let rejoin even in formation lap and start out of the box behind the field. Also it should be possible, to join race even with some laps gap, uneuqal, if the car was in grid/formation lap. rF2 should become able to recognize, that this car has x laps gap.

Davvid and McFlex like this.