Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Discord has been really great, we talk with a lot of users on there, they give feedback and it's really helpful.
    No it's not the forum, but some choose to get info in other ways like from Discord, and that's fine. We try to be present where we can.
    So I'm not really sure what your point is again.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

His point is that there is no continuity between information dispersed via Discord and that posted in either Forum unless someone kindly copies things over. The up-to-date information feels even more disjointed now than when it was spread around in threads in a single forum. Instead, what we often see on this forum is "I think I remember Marcel/Christopher/Dom said on Discord..." without even a copy & paste of the Discord text.

An "archivist - librarian - technical writer - communications manager" that culled & collated information out of the noisy channels and into one location would be appreciated.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry Christopher but it is impossible to discuss with you. You are always right and you are trying to make me look like if I was saying something incoherent.

I have appealed for a response about these two certain topics for several times and have never got a response. You are actually confirming that you prefer answering questions in discord.

It is funny that I was precisely told by you to post in the forum when I have asked things in Discord.

Guimengo and Juergen-BY like this.
  4. yippssy

yippssy Registered

"Automobilista" community works very good, the forum has different threads for every kind of issue (sound, multiplayer, UI, FFB...) and with a template to report bugs, in threads where there is no disscussion, only bug reports, and disscussion is done in other different threads, this organized forum gives a big feedback to Reiza without loose of time and they were doing a lot of very small updates for all the months of Automobilista's live. And Reiza is also a very small development team.

Discord should be only a work tool between S397 members, testers from forums that already work with S397 and nobody else.

Nowadays I see forum and Discord are more a distraction to S397 rather a usefool tool.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

I think it's not an issue of bug reporting, discord etc., as Christopher has already acknowledged the issue and the roadmap mentions the Radical will be looked at no earlier than next year. It makes no difference to current status if the bug is reported or not if it's already decided that the car will earliest be looked at next year.

6. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Someday I hope to experience the perfect world soooo many of you are able to experience. Mine has humans in it........

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I understand that the car team is very busy creating new car content that will be released with new bugs that when reported will go to the end of the to do list and will be solved one year later.

3rd party modders typically correct the bugs much faster.

Not all the bugs should be treated the same. Easy to solve bugs should be corrected immediately. This is called a quick win and all priorizing theories agree that they should be the first ones to be addressed. The medium tire bug seems to be a typo when creating the mod. It is so different to the other two that no other explanation seems plausible.

The way of addressing bugs in this game is simply awful. As another example, build 1109 is being reported to be creating problems of freezings when switching sessions and nothing is being done.

Guimengo and Mibrandt like this.
  8. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

it became the crying office here ...:rolleyes:

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@Christopher Elliott

I do not use Discord, I guess that's what you're talking about.

But I do not understand why Discord is used so much by S397 (except for modders).

Why do I say that?

Because a tiny amount of RF2 users use it. On the forum, many more people are present and especially the information REMAIN IN TIME AND ARE STRUCTURED IN SPECIFIC THREADS AND HEADINGS.

As a result, this information is potentially accessible to EVERYONE.

The information on discord is often more concrete, more serious, and more "crunchy" than on the forum. This communication is not great.

We realize that guys who spent 30 minutes on Discord know more than others who spend a lot of time on the forum and reads roadmaps or in general we have almost no new information.

So all this to say:

Damn, the information given in Discord (not all) put them on the forum.

Even if some users are kind enough to forward the information on the forum, it is not up to them to do it, may to S397.

SPASKIS likes this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ISI were blamed for lack of communication, Studio397 open those avenues up...nope still not enough...#CantWin

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hilarious, Marc.
    Spreading the info is not opening avenues up as you can see. IMO important info should always be centralized.

A fast official response to bug reports benefitting from the so much prayed Steam and Workshop capabilities is IMO what people were expecting the most. The communication problems start when things don't happen.

Roadmap Update March 2017
    STUDIO 397 Roadmap
    Spring is in the air and we’re pleased with our progress over the past few months. We have a lot to share with you. We decided to take the time to really bring together all of the newly developed elements – UI, VR, and DX11. Although this puts us slightly behind our targeted “end of Q1” release date, we promise you it will be worth the wait.

Is 6 months a slight delay? UI didn't come with DX11 as suggested. DX11 is still beta.

If you will not have time to correct the bugs appearing in a recently released item you simply should not release it. It just makes the list of things that are frustrating users bigger and bigger.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    F1 2004, Guimengo, Mibrandt and 2 others like this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

@SPASKIS Yes I get your point, information does seem stretched about the place but beating the same old drum constantly isn't going to change anything. Like I've said elsewhere we'd all like to do things differently but this is not your company, it's not your game, you appear to be getting extremely wound up over what is essentially nothing. S397 have their way of dealing with social interaction and it's time you dealt with that, accept that the Discord Channels are a great addition (yes they are!) and accept that the forums are still heavily monitored by their staff even if they don't respond to every little post.

What I said is still valid, ISI were nowhere near as vocal as S397 and they got hammered for that on a constant basis, S397 have developed better ways to interact with the public and it's still "wrong" to some people. Maybe if you didn't call them a "joke" and "awful" at their job then maybe they would listen to you, show respect and you get that back, simple.

pkelly likes this.
  13. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The lack of communication (lack / bad communicationd channels / bad formalization of the roadmap / little response and little help on the forum etc.) is still clearly a real defect of S397 (like ISI).

As for Discord, it serves only a fraction of users who relay a very small part of the information on the forum (this is not their role ...). On the other hand, the information that could arouse envy or reduce the frustration of some users should be FORMALIZED on the forum, in specific sections and threads.

The road maps should be much clearer, structured and provide concrete information and approximate * planning * for future developments.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes I agree some things could be better I'm not denying that, but look at it from another viewpoint as to how it actually is right now - the Support Forum is there for a reason, Bugs are acknowledged whether that is by a Staff Member posting or simply by reading it (remember they don't have the time to respond to every single post), the Support Button in the Launcher is new from S397 and works very well and whether you like it or not Discord has helped many many people since its inception by both Staff & Community members just as the Forum does.

As for the Road maps they're fine IMO, any specific release dates leads to whining from the Usual Suspects when those dates are missed, Plans change on a constant basis and if you had any idea on what it takes to make a computer game then you'd understand that, which is why S397 don't like to release details too far into the future and they have told us this. It seems to me there are many armchair experts with some genuine good ideas at times, but again unless you've run a successful gaming company then you really only have ideas on how you think it should work, not how it actually works.

Finally remember S397 are a baby in the Sim Gaming world, they've essentially only been around little over a year and even if they have some experienced minds in their ranks they will makes mistakes as they grow and they will learn from them, that's just the way it is and they certainly do not deserve the flack they're getting in recent weeks for doing what they love.

15. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@MarcG "anyspecific release dates leadsto whining from the UsualSuspects when those datesare missed"

I think you're wrong on that :
    Most people are not like that.

By the way that S397 communication in a general way creates real frustrations / expectations that is regularly retranscribe on the forum.

People are not stupid:
    If there are APPROXIMATE data dates for this or that development, that there is a delay and that it is EXPLAIN in sufficient details, I'm pretty sure it does not.

There will be no complaints on the forum. People complain when there is a delay + the development is rushed because it means an incomplete product (you remember the unfortunate skins GT3 ....) or/+ with bugs ....

People are comprensive in general when the things are done well ....

Example : a better communication in a general way (roadmaps more detailed and more structured for example ...).

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You clearly havn't been around on forums for very long :)

jayarrbee36 and demerzel like this.
  17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

No, I recognize it willingly. ;)

18. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I tested the sr3 again.

I perfectly adjusted the FFB on my T500rs (clipping, excessive vibrations). The FFB for this car seems to me well tuned.

Frequently the set of 45 cars ISI / S397 seem to me to have a FFB more or less excellent (even the quad is to say :) )

But the radical sr3 has a really disappointing FFB I have to recognize it. But if the real car is like that, then it goes.

I do not complain not at all understeer quite high, on the contrary register a car has a tendency understeer is very interesting (use of call / cons call etc).

If I type this message it is for @Marcel Offermans .

Reading a lot of posts on this thread, no time have I seen @S397 confirm or deny that there is or are not a real problem with the FFB of this car (and not just the fact that many do not like it) .

Same for the most recent tires of the civic (medium). Users think there is a problem.

May we also have just a real confirmation (yes-no will suffice). I specify that I do not ask for a schedule or anything : yes there is a real problem, no there is none.

Thank you.

SPASKIS likes this.
  19. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

The front suspension must be slightly higher than the back

20. pkelly

pkelly Registered