Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Excuse my ignorance, but how is it possible to know this? Did you have a version of rF2 that ran on more than 2 cores?

2. Claudio Souza

Claudio Souza Registered

But not everyone wants to buy the pack, so it would be interesting to think about it, maybe it would attract more players to buy, I think this discourages new buyers, I know several who gave up buying for this reason ..

3. Comante

Comante Registered

And so they should not complain, they paid 5$ to partecipate in a competion that would cost HUNDREDS to play from begin to end.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Honestly, thats a decision of the people and not your`s...

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Agree and I'm pretty sure there was a large part who bought McLaren for WFG only that don't normally even race with rF2. My point was that if you look at the other GT3 pack cars that were released at the same time, they all have more or less the same number of subscribers. So if we exclude McLaren, 99% knew this in advance and bought the full pack.

6. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

People who subscribe to Simtek (GT3 WORLD SERIES) are about 4 times as much as purchasers of GT3 packs.
    Perhaps it is attractive to be able to operate the latest GT3 without paying 15 euros.

If, when the increase in the GT3, such as Audi and Porsche, the purchaser is I might be a little more increase.

7. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

It's normal that a free GT3 mod will be downloaded more than a paid mod, official or otherwise.
    Subscribing to something costs nothing, we all have subscribed to items we never made any use of, just to give them a quick try or not even that.
    Personally I do not regret paying for the GT3 pack and are in love with it.
    Been racing a different car each race and will soon have tasted them all.
    Love them all so far.
    What surprised me the most though was the 650s.
    Had not driven it after the updates and was shocked to discover my setup for it was no longer relevant.
    My shock quickly disappeared though the moment I drove it.
    All cars have a very nice default setup but the McLaren's was the sweetest of all.
    Could even race it as is in an endurance race because the tire wear balance appeared to be great out of the box for long runs.
    And no understeer any more I had to dial out of the default setup, very impressed with it.

I_Bellett and marmagas like this.
  8. Ismail Yakubu

Ismail Yakubu Registered

Hi guys, since the update the mercedes lights have changed from yellow to white. Is there a reason for the change. Is it possible to choose the yellow lights instead even though i cant find them in the tuning options?

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Doing some math here, you can still get three single cars for the same price as the full pack, so infact only the people who wouldn't like one car out of the five would have a disatvantage as they would have to invest five extra goddamn bugs, that seem to be so hard to earn for sim racers with their equipment worth of hundreds of euros/dollars. All in all it sounds more like pickering than any valid argumentation for me. If you are not completely living behind a rock you get the pack and simply don't drive the car you don't like. Never seen so much drama about a DLC. If you are very hesistant or short on budget just wait for a sale, but in that case I wouldn't even start the PC. Easy peasy

John and bwana like this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're asking something that wasn't stated. He said using more than 2 cores improves FPS in rF2. Not using more than 2 cores for rF2, but using more than 2 cores. Presumably this would mean running rF2 and windows and background processes all on 2 cores, vs more than 2 cores. It seems plausible it would improve performance, and I feel like I've read similar in the past (probably when dual-core systems were more prevalent) though overall CPU architecture has to have an influence as well.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I bought the Power Pack just because that I can race against all GT3 cars. If you and other peeps who did only buy Mclaren can in the future also race against all GT3 cars. I want refund no mater what Steam rules says about time limit to get refund. :D

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It´s really simple, use the Taskmananager deactivate so many cores you want to and compare the framerate under CPU limited situations.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuYcx2IKUBpJ-1-KTq2wusm2Ff4_

Alternatively u can also use the BIOS to switch some cores off.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I bought the whole pack too and I want people to be able to race just needing to own the car/track they'll drive. Like happens in RR and iRacing. Especially because this will get really bad when more DLC is released.
    You'll never get a refund anyway so doesn't matter :)

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Right, so adding/subtracting other tasks from the 2 cores rF2 is using is naturally going to affect rF2 performance, but it's not proof that recoding rF2 to use more cores is going to improve performance.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes and you have bought Power Pack so doesn`t mater :D

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is what happens in iRacing:
    I raced one session iRacing Nascar: 14.95 x 19 + 11.95 x 3 + 1 car (11.95) + 1 free track = 24 tracks and 1 car for 331.85 USD.
    For 6 items, you will get a 20% discount. Once you have 40 items you will get 25% = 331.85 x .20x = 66.37 >331.85 - 66.37
    My cost was 267.48 USD to run the full season excluding tax. o_O

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yes, supporting S397 in their work. So what? I'm not the one asking for a refund ;)
    Am I not allowed to show them there are better ways? Also I wont be buying any more if this model continues. That's one reason I dont buy DLC in AC so there is no reason to buy it in rF2 with same model then.
    Who cares, you still only have to own the car and track you'll race. Funny enough you kept RR out heh

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  18. Claudio Souza

Claudio Souza Registered

First: I have the pack with the 5 cars, and I want to compete with someone who has only one, questioning is my right;
    Second: The question was not for you, if you feel uncomfortable, close the page, and do not read .........

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What happens when the DLC tracks are available? Do those 8 drivers without the track get some sort of dispensation and receive the track just because? No I don't think so. IF folks want to race against all the GT3 cars, or any other DLC group...then simply buy the whole package. And if not....Plenty of other cars and tracks.

WiZPER and jayarrbee36 like this.
  20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I feel somehow that you didn't get the point about refund in my post # 675 and about iRacing in my post #680 :p
    You showing better ways and not buying any more if this model continues is kind of argument I did hear from my children when they was young. Adult people understand that there is going to be only one looser :D.