[REL] Ferrari 312 1967

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Thanks! :)
    Lap times with this car should be better than with BT20 at brinza.
    Yes there is lods, but thanks for feedback. We might need to optimaze this more in future. What GPU you have?

2. Pauli Partanen

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Jon, vegaguy5555 and Mauro like this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

GTX 1080, 5760x1080 triple screens

4. Pauli Partanen

Thanks

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

First of all, thank you very much for this mod. It looks fantastic, it sounds fantastic and it drives and feels fantastic. Simply starting the engine and keeping it idle gives me goose bumps. There aren't many games where you can see the sidewall of your front tire flexing in Loews or feel the sidewall just brushing the sidewalk. Simply outstanding and considering that this is a mod and not official content, it is right up there with the BT20. I tested the car for about 50 laps at Monaco against the AI at 100% difficulty and this car and the BT20 are indeed a great match there. Got to say though that this is pretty much the first car with that I hit my limits more often than not as it feels very senstitive to throttle and breaking inputs. With the BT20 you can modulate the suspension load alot smoother from my POV. With the 312 it's just a tad too much or too few load into the breaking zone, out of the corner or over a crest and there is no chance to safe it. But this could be very well due to the characteristics of the car and me being tired. Anyway, might be that I just rove the GT3 cars too much recently and forgot how to drive a real car :D. If this masterpiece is any sign of future content by you two, then it is looking good for historic content within rF2 and I will definetly keep practicing more with this car. Very well done ;)

Jon, pascom and Pauli Partanen like this.
  6. Pauli Partanen

Thanks for detailed review :)
    Yeah the handling of this aint as good as bt20, but more powerful engine gives potential to be faster :) you get used to it quite fast. First laps are always bit tricky

pascom and vegaguy5555 like this.
  7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Really looking forward to this car. Historic cars feel the best in rF2 I think.

Jon, Lu ManiaK, pascom and 1 other person like this.
  8. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Well worth the wait and well worth $upporting. I hope this inspires others to support historic content in rF2.

9. Pauli Partanen

Thank you very much :)

vegaguy5555 and pascom like this.
  10. Pauli Partanen

One lap with AI

vegaguy5555, Jon and pascom like this.
  11. pascom

pascom Registered

MERCI!

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  12. Pauli Partanen

13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Took it for a spin yesterday at Historic Buenos Aires and damn it's as good as I always expect from you guys.
    Had the exact same experience as hitm4k3r. You need to be very sensitive on the gas and brakes (more than with the BT20) otherwise you can lose control very quickly, maybe that's intended due to the characteristics of the car.....regardless, it was quite fun and challenging trying to tame it and do consistent clean laps.

Jon, Pauli Partanen and Mauro like this.
  14. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

I did a few laps at Spa on the server last night. Great car.
    You guys have done a fantastic job and look forward to whats coming next.

Jon, Pauli Partanen and Mauro like this.
  15. Jon

Jon Registered

Excellent job guys, really love it. I was expecting it to handle like the BT20 but it's got a character all of its own. Can't speak from a technical point of view so can't really give any useful feedback, but was great fun to drive. Forth gear round a few fast corners was a bit of a handful, caught me out a few times. Not as easy to recover as the BT20 but it's quite possible to sense a spin coming a moment before loosing it in order to come off the accelerator and save it. Thanks for the detailed PDF as well, shows you've done your homework :) The sound in particular is fantastic, especially when it seems to "quieten" all of a sudden. Only tested it on my favourite track Belgium so far, but an exhilarating experience :)

Mauro and Pauli Partanen like this.
  16. Pauli Partanen

About that gearing issue. I fixed it and will update it today.

17. Jon

Jon Registered

I didn't think it was a gearing issue, thought it was a characteristic of the car. 4th always is tricky round some faster corners as it gives more power, but it was probably because I wasn't easing off the accelerator enough as I was going into the Masta Straight, initially I was always losing it there. I like the challenge of the car, I agree that that year the cars were perhaps the most difficult to drive at the limit of all time. I think all historical fans like a challenge as well ;) The BT20 is perhaps too forgiving, I'm not sure if at 180mph you could save the car as easily as you can in the BT20, but obviously there's no real way of knowing. And the Stark F1 is not so easy to recover either. Also did you use the baseline setup for your 3.31? :D

Mauro likes this.
  18. benborp

benborp Registered

The thing that catches me out with the gearing, and this might be particularly relevant to those fast fourth gear corners, is that the peak torque hits exactly where conventionally I would be using the throttle to pull the car out of the corner, just before it is completely settled on both rear wheels. It's something I now have to bear in mind in the Masta kink and completely changes corners like the second Lesmo. I think I'm going to gain time in several places by staying a gear higher.
    Thanks Postipate and Chief for making the historic content a lot richer. The Brabham is now a lot more interesting to set-up and drive now that there is a direct competitor with such contrasting characteristics and I'm sure experience of one car makes you faster in the other.

Jon likes this.
  19. Jon

Jon Registered

Yeah I agree, I don't believe it's a problem with the forth gear, rather the gear ratio isn't best suited to Spa. I too did what you suggested and just kept it in 5th, although you do noticeably lose acceleration. Oh and sorry for little collision yesterday. I checked the replay to see why I didn't notice you but it was because you left the pits about a second after I'd passed which I hadn't realised so thought I was alone on the track. The lower rear wing mirrors take a bit of getting used to as well. I'm gonna try and adjust them so they are not so focused on the ground.

Mauro and benborp like this.
  20. Pauli Partanen

Yes I used :)

Jon likes this.