GT3 Mercedes nolonger able to paint. V1109

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Paco572, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Studio 397 could you please fix the car so that it is paintable in v1109, this has ruined my paint job. Even v1108 the car was not fully paintable along with 2 other cars the corvette and the Radical from the GT3 paid pack. Could you please explain, if this not fixable, as to why I'm unable to paint the Mercedes fully and why the other 2 are not fully paintable. Or you could tell me this is fixable :) this along with the other cars and make them fully paintable, that would make me happy :) The 2 pictures show the car in the showroom from V1108 the car has paint and v1109 the car has no paint.

As a side note mercnot paint.jpg merc2_np_Carbon_hood.jpg : I have tried all known methods on my end to see if I can get this working but I have no more options. 2 other cars the Bentley and the Mcleran seem unaffected in v1109.

Thank you
    PACO

2. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Today's update did nothing to correct the issues around the above problems, no word either from Studio-397, other than this remark nearly a week ago,
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/new-gt3-pack-now-available.58031/page-19#post-918509
    post number #368

I'm getting the feeling I'm being ignored, that being said, the silence is deafening, I will hold out and hope some one from Studio 397 steps to plate and at the very least gives some kind of response.

A good customer,
    PACO

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

As posted in the other thread (referred to in PACO's post above) there are many of us who are struggling to get the right colour on the Mercedes in build 1109. As noted in the OP above, the car comes up OK in 1108 but has the appearance of a shiny shell covering the paintwork in 1109. It's only a small issue and probably not high on the priority list, but acknowledgement that someone from S397 has read these posts and is aware of the issue would be well received by the punters. In my opinion communication is king. :)

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

My workaround for this was to create another alpha channel (and delete the old one) and fill it with rgb 32,32,32

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    JimmyT likes this.
  5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Was that in 1109 Goanna?

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Yep, v1109 dx11 beta.

EDIT:
    Couple of screens of WIP car;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    JimmyT likes this.
  7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Nice skin mate. I see that it still has remnants of the shell like coating but much better than any of the attempts I've made so far :(, mine came out like PACO's. At least the colour is visible on yours. :) I'll have a go at the work around you've suggested on the weekend. :) Thanks.

8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Guys use the alpha channel from the existing S397 car or update the existing alpha channel in the template to a darker one. The car is that bright because the alpha channel is almost completly white in the template.

JimmyT likes this.
  9. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Alright, I took some advice from this thread, I took the alpha channel and painted it in solid black. Result, I got my paint job back however, it still has the shell like coating, If anybody has any clues on how to get rid of that, I would have my car back and looking like it should in v1109
    So my question is, what is Studio 397 doing flipping the alpha channel and leaving this shell like shine behind as a result of some changes in an update from v1108 to v1109?
    Studio 397 Please fix this problem, I think you have enough clues now to solve the issue. It's something in your update that has messed things up.

PACO :) ShellMerc.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  10. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I would like to report to Studio 397 some errors on my part in original post, to clarify, 3 out of the 5 GT3 PAID PACK cars are fully paintable and work in v1109. The other 2, the Mercedes and (Callaway works in v1109) are not fully paintable as the windows can not be painted. The Mercedes has issue with v1109 as mentioned above.

That's it, as far as painting the GT3 PAID PACK is concerned.

Please fix the issues.

CHEERS
    PACO :)

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Marcell responded to a question about the Merc on discord this morning;

Emery, JimmyT and Paco572 like this.
  12. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Good news....I like it.

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

And when I asked about releasing windows templates the response was that it is under discussion...I daresay it has something to do with the car branding across the top of the windshields...licensing stuff I reckon

JimmyT likes this.
  14. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I want to thank you for diving in and getting some answers. The lack of responses from Studio 397 is....discouraging given the gravity on things. This issue with the window templates is much more serious of an issue than you could possibly imagine, especially if it's licence orientated. I have in my possession an "open letter" I have written to Studio 397 and I have not released it yet and I hope not to, because it "spells it out" in a form of "detail" that will rock the foundations of Studio 397 and the entire rFactor community. If I release it and it could very well bring an end to car manufactures "using" Studio 397 to showcase their cars. Car manufactures simply have "no concept" of the realities of this gaming platform and by venture of there own greed, they may end up finding out the hard way. @Studio 397, please make the cars, especially DLC's fully paint-able because that's what this large, "powerful" community wants. The worst possible thing Studio 397 could do is, "alienate the rFactor modding community". And quite frankly, their right on the edge of doing that right now for reasons like not responding to forum posts, that are obviously in need of a response as an example. That's why I have the open letter, just sitting, waiting, I sincerely hope to never use it. I genuinely hope Studio 397 figures this out on their own. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. What made this game great, is at the very heart of it. Thank you again Goanna for digging up the information. It's sad I didn't find out here first.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

The licence orientated bit was my "guess" at what the under discussion "might" mean and should not be read as anything Studio 397 has said/implied.

As far as communication is concerned, the modern way of doing this appears to be multi platform orientated ie Facebook, discord and forums to name a few...now if a developer is more active in one or more of these platforms compared to another shouldn't be an issue...the information is getting out there, if a question is asked and not answered here, then the chances that the same question has been asked/ answered on another platform...we either keep across all of these platforms or rely on others to pass information gained on other platforms here.

Well that's my 2 bobs worth :)

JimmyT likes this.
  16. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Thanks for your 2 bobs, "multi platform orientated", point taken. Thank you.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Holy crap! Sounds like the trailer to another JFK movie, LOL

Coutie and Guimengo like this.
  18. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

So, if I understand correctly, not being able to paint windows of one specific car is going to lead to the end of studio397 and rfactor2?

jayarrbee36 and WiZPER like this.
  19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If you look at the alpha channel on any of the other cars in the GT3 pack you will see it is also almost all white, that was something I checked first of all. Post #11 by Goanna shows the response on discord from S397 and I'm OK with that. I reiterate, I will try Goanna's work around and see what happens and then wait and see what happens:D :rolleyes:

@Goanna : thanks for the discord quote, I'm not on that platform (old school bloke :oops:) so wouldn't have received the info if not for someone forwarding it here :) thank you.

20. dylbie

dylbie Registered

The gravity of things being one man unable to paint a skin?

World poverty? Nuclear war? Irreversible climate change? An economic crash? No, Paco can't paint a skin.

Sounds like a threat? Does Studio 397 have accounts in the Cayman Islands? I'm buying popcorn as we speak in anticipation of this foundation rocking event!

Ummmm?

Basically you, and a couple of other guys who don't understand alpha channels? Powerful indeed!

I'm pretty sure there's things S397 can do that are a lot worse than not responding to some nutcase's forum threats.

This sounds like blackmail to me. I hope you have good lawyers Paco.

@Bjørn @Skan You've heard of #Jad-Spam... You've heard of #Skan-Spam. We now bring you #Paco-Spam!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.