Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

I get your point and it's fair enough it would be better if driving against DLC cars you don't own was possible. But the point that some people only bought one car, well, it's a minority of a minority. Steam stats tell following:

Bentley: 3150 subscribers
    Callaway: 3172 subscribers
    Mercedes: 3158 subscribers
    Radical: 3150 subscribers

Only McLaren has more subscribers than the rest, because it was released before the pack was out. But 99.5% of the people who bought a GT3 car when the pack was released, did buy the full pack. So frankly those 0.05% make little difference.

David O'Reilly and Ari Antero like this.
  2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

If I remember correctly, the GT3 cars don't have the possibility to change the value for caster. So if this is what makes it feel a bit strange for you, a different caster setting can't be applied. It just is what these cars are setup in real-life.

But maybe it is something completly different!?

3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Some algorythms needs a strong "CPU" : example the time acceleration. X1 OR OFF = best performance (for a i5 2500K OC +15%

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  4. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho Registered

Make sure you have this values on your Controller.JSON

"Speed Sensitive Steering":0,
    "Steer Ratio Speed":0,

5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

That is in fact very interesting (don't know when this was posted):
    * Marcel says in the 2nd paragraph, that making rF2 better scalable and perform better for users with more cores, will also mean for users with less cores to perform worse. Because of some overhead in multicore code.
    * To precise: rfactor2 works now most efficient (performance/core) with 2 core systems because of one graphics thread and one physics thread. thats why single core performance is so important till now.
    * Looking at - Steam Hardware Stats for Windows - for the last five month (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/cpus/):
    * in June 17: 2 core CPUs: 42% - 4 core CPUs: 53%
    * in Oct 17: 2 core CPUs: 26% - 4 core CPUs: 70% (+11% rise per month for 4 core, -10% fall for 2 cores)
    * -> which means 4 core CPUs rise very fast: 70% users + 11% rise/month.
    * -> which means that since June more users (53%) would have had a positive result with a better multicore code than users with negative results (42%)
    * -> which means that since Oct 70% would have had a positive result with a better multicore code, rising 11% per month
    * -> so, isn't it predictable already now, that there is a point in time in the near future, that a better multicore code will have positive performance effect to almost every rF2 user?

Ari Antero likes this.
  6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Guys please have a look. Video is trash, I know, but it shows the sync issue I was referring to. Looks like one CPU core is controlling the camera position but for some reason the car is not rendered there. I remember this issue from immemorial Gtr2 times which was often related to CPU struggling to keep up with the GPU rendering time.

Please notice the car "waving" its position. It's not a replay thing, the irregular time lapse also occurs in real time when driving, ruining the game dynamics.

Not seen this behaviour with other mods apart GT3 though.

Meanwhile I tested Project Cars 2 on their Suzuka (Sakitto) using the same amount of similar cars and the gameplay is completely flawless and fluid in my 1080 ti, so I think it's software related.

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Turns off replays and try few laps to see if it helps.

8. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

OK, going to test.

9. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

Everything right. I knew everything you wrote. And for the Amg the issue was what I've quoted from your post. It was soo hard to understand for me because I've never experienced, in 11 years, a problem like that. I drove cars that had too fast rebound travel but the car's dynamic was to have the rear axle to slide in a so exaggerated way but softly and smoothly. Never experienced a so fast snap of the rear with low fast bumps and rebound. I read that like the opposite.
    I have to recalibrate every reasoning when I work on setup with Studio397's mods up to now.

P.S. I don't use Motec...real mens doesn't use it :D
    I'm joking...I had bad (personal) situations using Motec with team mates...it wasn't a Motec problem but after that i lose every hope in use it.

10. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Cleaned Cbash + Shaders, all apps close, replays off but the performance kept horrible.

Then reduced shadows to high + optimal blur, helped a bit.

Biggest difference was set weather as a fixed sunny all the time. Then it became playable, but nothing specially smooth.

So you have to sacrifice graphics and let weather alone if you want a bit more larger GT3 field even with a 1080-TI.

Only two cores being erratically used. Weird. PC2 and AC use 8 cores. Everything is much more smooth with better graphics. But the physics sucks in comparison to rFactor 2.

S397 has a jewel in their hands which is the physics engine but it comes with a elephant in the room, the graphics are outdated and heavy to process. My best wishes to developers in their ungrateful work to sort this mess out.

Emery, tpw and Guimengo like this.
  11. Claudio Souza

Claudio Souza Registered

Can we expect that in the future whoever has only one car will be able to run on a server that has all the cars, just as it is in raceroom? I have the pack, but I have friends who have only one, and others who have the desire to buy, but this problem is discouraging.

12. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Have you ALT+TAB'ed?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  13. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Nope, moreover there's the risk of never get the game back.

14. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Do it while in the pits, or before you select your car. "NOT WHILE ON THE TRACK"

There are issues with "WINDOWS FOCUS" which cause severe CPU spikes and stuttering. DX11 is still in beta. So go easy on us ok....:)

PACO :)

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think it should be fairly easy to code an hideously ugly blob that takes the place of the missing GT3 cars. If single car purchasers were so shortsighted to ignore the offer of a a package deal at a greatly reduced price{per car} Then WHY should they be rewarded? Give them some god-fugly fruit for each car they did not purchase. If you desire, as it seems many do, to race against DLC GT3 cars, then buying the entire package is what they should have done. If they only wanted to race against the Mclaren, then purchasing only that would have been a sensible solution. So...Cantelope shape for the Bentley, a Mango {think Mclaren Orange} for the 650s. The Merced can look like a banana while the Calloway can look like a hat and the Radical can be shaped as a group of grapes. That would solve the single car users issue with not being able to race against the rest of the pack which they chose not to purchase. And WE....WE get the benefit, if there ever is a first turn calamity, of seeing the fruity hat the Cuban dancers used to wear blocking turn1!!!!!!

David O'Reilly likes this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

See my answer here. We are talking about 8 people (+- a few more depending on how you calculate) who bought AMG but did not buy Radical. So basically everyone bought the pack, minus these 8 or so users. I would just tell your friends to buy the pack. I reckon Marcel gave some answer on discord that they might look into it in future (to race against non owned DLC cars), but considering how busy they are, I wouldn't expect a solution in a year, so they are just better off buying the full pack.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Triple screen users are often CPU bound because the multiview feature creates a heavy CPU load.
    BY the way., using more than 2 cores increases the fps rate even in rFactor2.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

There are over 1000 people that bought McLaren that didn't buy the pack. The figure of this problem affecting 8 people is absolutely unrealistic.

Any car should be able to be installed but only the acquired ones could be selected for being driven. Non acquired ones could be used as opponents.

This feature could be linked to the possibility of testing a car for a limited time prior to buying it.

Screenshot_20171107-142241.png
    Screenshot_20171107-142414.png
    Screenshot_20171107-142313.png

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Also they said they are trying to license some cars to go with the Corvette GTE, great... now someone license a prototype and to do a league with them you must buy the whole grid.
    Wanna do a VLN league or a 24h series with S397 GT3 and some touring car mod. Cool, TC grid has to buy the pack too.
    Someone is making a Viper GT3 to balance with the cars in the pack (guy even went to the team shop to get data), tires not available and then.... you must own the whole pack to use it. May as well add it to Simtek mod instead.
    Senseless decision no matter the excuse used.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

It's much more meaningless to have bought a single car fo 5 bucks KNOWINGLY that you could have had 5 cars for 15. They HAD to sell the McLAREN alone due WFG competition, but beside this, nobody should have bought it alone. Even less any other single car of the pack. Now people complain for their shortsighteness.

John, WiZPER, KILL BILL and 1 other person like this.