190 Fps drops down to 16 after warming lap

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Gábor Pallagi, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

Hi!
    I'm suffering from a serious issue. I have like 190fps when i leave the pit and doing my warming lap until i start my hotlap, fps drops down around 10-20 for no reason on random sections of the track. The game the way like this unplayable. Pls help me! I ran out of ideas how to solve this. I think i have all the stuff hardware which can easily handle this game. Last year i did not have any problem with a much older pc configuration, so i don't understand.
    My video card is in 3.0 pciex 16x slot, i have all my drivers up to date, i'm not running any background applications. Don't know why it's happening to me. I reinstalled the game 3times now, deleted all mods, lowered graphics like to the bottom, dx9 dx11, temperatures are fine, deleted json etc...nothing helped. Guys help me i wanna play my favourite sim... :(
    My Pc specs:Win7-64bit, Intel i5 4460 3.2ghz, Nvidia gtx 1050Ti 4gb, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram and using a Logitech momo force racing wheel.
    Thank for your help!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Plugins? Are you driving the outlap hard, but never have slowdowns? Or driving easy? Does Ctrl-C show anything unusual when it slows?

3. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

I tried it without plugins and no difference. Checked Ctrl+C and when its happening, over the green line the kinda EKG sign goes apart and moves to the right side if it means something. My drive out is almost as hard as in race after pit stop.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok. I was asking about your driving in case your wheel was affecting things at higher forces. You may want to just eliminate the wheel as an issue by driving with keyboard and see if the same slowdown occurs.

The green histogram doing what you say just indicates the frame time has increased, which you already know as the FPS has dropped. At least if the purple bars didn't change much the CPU shouldn't be a factor.

The other one would be Ctrl-F until you can see the graphs on the top left of your screen, which indicate video card memory use I believe. Not so familiar with that myself.

5. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You said temperatures are fine... but I think it is possible that the issue is due to GPU or CPU throtteling.

I had this problem and it was like yours.

Increase cpu and gpu fan + open my tower solve my issue instantly.

THROTTELING DON'T MAKE A CONSTANT LOST OF FPS BUT A INSTABLE LOST OF FPS : when the gpu temperature reach the max = huge lost of FPS

6. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

So far it seems something wrong with the wheel. I did several laps with keyboard and everything was fine the game did not stuttered etc.... Then i tried it with the momo wheel again, and after a lap it randomly dropped the fps down and i also get black screen for 5 secs when this happend.
    Really don't know what causes this issue.

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Close or minimize all open apps (also Steam), tick Auto Close Launcher in settings menu and I believe that your fps don`t drop to 10-20. ;)

dadaboomda likes this.
  8. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

Steam and Launcher window affects the performance that much? I left them on when i used my keyboard instead of using my logitech momo and the fps was fine. It looks like the problem occurs when I use my wheel.

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

It is not a question of performance but a "bug" which make stuttering.

10. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

Checked and no difference wether i minimize or not. Maybe it is a software or hardware prolem of my wheel or i should try a fresh win7 install.

11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try changing this setting in your controller.JSON:

"Use thread":false,
    "Use thread#":"Use a separate thread to issue FFB commands which may block with some drivers

Assuming it's false, set it to true (make sure you leave the , after it). And if it's true, try false :p

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  13. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

14. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

Lazza: yep it was false. I wil set it to true and give it a try.

Max Dralle: I'm using the latest nvidia driver however i never updated my driver as a clean install. I did not delete the older ones, just installed the latest every time over the older.

15. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

Tried both and still the same.

16. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

What do you mean ?
    Did you use the Display Driver Uninstaller to clean up your system ?
    Did you use the Momo driver I linked above ?

Besides that, you could try and monitor your GPU's memory usage (eg. MSI's Afterburner).
    If it exceeds or comes very close to those available 4GB, I'd expect heavy stuttering.

17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

i rember it has something to do with the wheel,also with other games in Win 10.(64bit?)
    Try google,i can't remember what it was with logitech drivers ...
    DC

18. Gábor Pallagi

Gábor Pallagi Registered

So I did a fresh windows install. I changed from win7 to win10 today. I installed everything properly, did couple of laps and it looked smooth and stable. :D Don't know what messed up my system, but i'm happy that reinstall windows seem to solve this problem.
    Thanks guys for the help!

Max Dralle and Lazza like this.