Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

bwana likes this.
  2. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

I'm starting to think that there is something weird on Studio397's mods. I'm talking about how the set affects the drive.
    In the AMG when I think I need to turn something in a softer way it is wrong...what is needed is exactly the opposite. The Radical, in some way, has the same issue. The Callaway, on the contrary, works how I'm supposed to think...in the right way in every change I made on setup. Same AMG construction scheme (FR) but totally at the opposite. I expect to get softer suspensions values if I lose the AMG rear axle. Snaps like having granite suspension but only if I make it harder it stays on trajectory. Less weight on rear and we need more camber, tires pressure and less wing, even without problems with the car's floor on bumps.
    I really don't like how these care are calibrated in every thing I can change on setup. I had the same issues on USF2000 and GT500. It is not a casualty. ISI's mods were a mess on default setup. But they were arithmetically easy to change and make it driveable in 5 minutes. The way to do that was the same for rF1, GTR2, NetKarPro, IR, AC...I'm having incredible issues for to do the same things on S397's mods.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, and in case, why.

3. BernL

BernL Registered

I did get it to work..... Huge thanks

4. stonec

stonec Registered

The same guys are building cars for S397 as were building for ISI. Some values in setup work opposite way than what intuition would tell. Quoting from S397 website:

One of these details in the setup options is the fact that both the Bentley and the McLaren use Ohlins dampers for which 0 is the stiffest setting and higher values mean the dampers get softer. Another example is the exact position and size of the anti-roll bar on the McLaren, whose setup options we’ve named accordingly, like “P3 25x2mm”, where for other cars we use the more familiar “clicks”.

kimikaze likes this.
  5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The only thing whats different is that "One of these details in the setup options is the fact that both the Bentley and the McLaren use Ohlins dampers for which 0 is the stiffest setting and higher values mean the dampers get softer. "
    Away from it can´t notice any problems with the setup creation. All works like expected.

6. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

I put my focus in the AMG from the 1st day of these GT3. I know about Ohlins suspensions for Bentley and McLaren but the last one was never used by me. I tried the Bentley and i saw the inverted values for the suspension. That is not a great issue. What I can't understand is why I need to have stiffer values on suspension on the rear axle in the AMG in relaxion with his dynamic. Approaching a fast turn the rear snaps like having a granite suspension. So it is normal (to me) to work for to have something softer in bump and rebound. Doing that, the effect, is more and more "granite style". Driving on straight you can feel how soft the effect is. Entering in turn, for me, works at the opposite. I expect a smooth and soft slide of the rear even using too soft values. Not a so repentine snap. That happens if you use suspension harder than diamonds. What I mean is that. Changing the values is effective on straight. You can feel the (right) sensation for the changes that we can made. But approaching a turn works exactly the opposite. Hard values? The car follow the trajectory. Soft values? The car snaps like having no suspension...like having the wheel directly mounted on monocoque.
    Please try the AMG at silverstone. Default values are 4/4/4/4 for rear suspension. Try to drive for 3 laps with that values. I don't think is really possible to complete 3 laps without a suicide at Stowe/Copse/Abbey.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Maybe i missunderstand you, because english is not my native language so please tell me whats your intention. Do you want to prevent oversteering or understeering. 'Using slow bumps or rebounds or only necessary to work with weight transfer like using it for lift off oversteer but thats only for a vey short moment. The generel behaviour of turn in should be adjusted with the spring and anti rollbar stiffness. Higher values per axle mean more wheel load difference what means less grip for this axle with the higher values compared to the standard setting. Working with fast bumps has nothing to do with a generell turn in behaviour. You have to use it to keep the car stable while rolling over short bumps or to adjust the behaviour on curbs.
    I think to have to rethink your generell setup work. The dampers are the the last thing, that you should adjust and when you are doing it, you should really know what you are doing and better work with Motec i2pro.

"The car snaps like having no suspension...like having the wheel directly mounted on monocoque."

Thats sounds for me like the car becomes unstable caused by to much body movement whats typically for underdamped springs. Low damper values mean that the spring could be compressed very fast and even decompressed in this way so the wheel could loose the contact to the road if the track is bumpy.

kimikaze and McKiernan like this.
  8. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

I want to prevent instant and no recoverable oversteer approaching a fast turn with the AMG. My solution, up to now, is soft springs, high values on soft/fast bound and rebound and low-middle value for anti-roll bar. And that is out of my comprehension. For bound and rebound it should be exactly the opposite. Also looking at replay you can see that is right to use softer suspension. You can see the tires that wants to follow the asphalt. Using hard values means to see the tires bouncing in a weird way. It can't be a meaning of more grip because if a tire bounce like a kangaroo can't have more grip.

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I usually keep a bit of throttle through fast turns in the AMG. Keeps it stable. Seems to be the open diff that screws with off throttle stability.

WiZPER and Lu ManiaK like this.
  10. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

The Radical is the opposite. Try that:
    The most bumpy circuit in rF2 is Estoril in my opinion. Driving the Radical GT3 there is weird at the opposite of the AMG. I can drive there faster and safe with ultra-hard bump and rebound. Tc is also completely useless because the car works greatly with granitic values on suspension.

11. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

You are absolutely right. I am agree.
    My issue is before that. When I start to turn my wheel in the very first degrees. The rear goes wide in a instant. If the approach at the turn is good, what do you say, is absolutely correct.

12. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

You are right too. But if a car has too low damper values starts to bounce a bit, starts to get the rear goes wide, but it does in a soft way. You can be able to understand that because it will be easy to understand. You have time to do that and the reaction will be smooth and slow. If snaps so fast, for me, means that the dampers are too hard for to make the rear to follow the trajectory.

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

First of all we have to distinguish between oversteer only caused by change of direction on a flat road and caused by loosing grip on bumps.
    To prevent the first sort of oversteer its correct to soften rear springs or/and the rear anti rollbar to prevent it. You can also use stiffer front and anti roll bar springs. That has nearly nothing to do with the damper settings but of course, the dampers should be adjusted correctly to the spring stiffness overall ,but changing fast bump and rebound values is completly wrong to prevent an oversteering car on a track flat as a pancake. You can use the slow damper settings to prevent a lift of oversteer oder throttle understeer. To prevent lift off oversteer , you have to reduce the slow rebound setting on the rear axle so that the spring is capable to decompress fast enough while the back of the cars lifts a little bit caused by the weight transfer to the front to keep the wheels on track as much as possible. Higher slow rebound values would let the wheels lift with the back of the car.
    Another way is to reduce the slow bump setting on the front, so that the front axle provides less resistence while the front of the cars wents down a little bit caused by the weight transfer to the front, what means that there is less load on the front wheels for the moment of the weight transfer and less load means less grip and less grip on the front means more understeer and less oversteer.
    On bumpy tracks its a different story. Even there you have to adjust the driving behaviour of the car with springs and anti rollbars till that moment where to wheels are loosing grip caused by bumps where the wheels are loosing the contact to the ground. For this the damper bump settings have to be fast enough to absorb the bump and the rebound setttings have to be slow enough the let the spring decompress without letting the car jumps up like a kangaroo. But you have to be carfully by fast following bumps with higher fast rebound settings, because than the springs get compressed with every bump, but if the decompression level is to low, than your car will touch the ground if the compression travel over all bumps is higher the the decompression travel.
    There is no simple workaround for all cars because the suspension geometries are diffferent. For this you better should use Motec because it shows the the travel speed of the dampers and the rebound speed has always to be lower than the bump speed otherwise the cars gets really nervously. Maybe the rebound travel is way too to fast with low settings and that lets the car jump over the bumps what causes grip loss

Lu ManiaK, kimikaze and McKiernan like this.
  14. turtlewise08

turtlewise08 Registered

Just wanted to say Thanks for the hard work on the new GT3 pack .
    2nd and the reduced price .
    3rd Will post some more after i get get more testing time in the cars .
    4th had no problems downloading all the content was fast and painless

15. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho Registered

I bought the DLC yesterday and my first impressions are very good!

We will be running a championship with this early 2018 and i have a question.......will there be more GT3 cars coming out for rF2?

Thanks in advance

16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Has further fps improvements and skinpack been confirmed by S397?

17. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Just tried Matsusaka + 30 AIs + me = 31 cars on track, all GT3 plus few Camaros GT3.

The result is that is almost unplayable. And I have a 4790K devil's canyon (best per core performance) and 1080ti (second faster GPU available) + 16 Gb RAM.

When I jump from Asseto Corsa / Project Cars 2 / Automobilista to rFactor 2, the impact is monster. rF2 It much much less fluid. There were 110% CPU spikes, lost of synchrony time x car position on track and I can only deduct the FPS shown is not correct. It appears to be much less than Control+F shows.

It's very disappointing.

Guimengo and Travis like this.
  18. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I have a i7700k, and as far as I can tell it's has the fastest single core performance. That being said, is your 1080i 8g? 31 AI seems a bit high, what res are you running, what are your graphic setings, did you alt+tab while in the pits to focus the game for windows? The DX11 part of this game is still in beta, hope you can (sugar coat response), understand. Your leaving too much information out to understand if you have an issue or not. If you getting 110% spikes it's most likely toy not ALT+TABing to focus the game. (White box). Let us know what going on. We can help.

PACO :)

19. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

It's a 1080ti 11gb. I'll provide all info you're refeerung as a full benchmark in a new thread, I'm bit dispirited right now but the physics are so bloody good that it's worth to keep it up.

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Before benchmark make sure that you delete all Shaders and CBash files and close or minimize all open apps (also Steam), tick Auto Close Launcher in settings menu. ;)

ECAR_Tracks likes this.