GT500 weird cockpit sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foresight, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Foresight

Foresight Registered

Hello,

Sorry in advance for my bad english

I like very much the game and the works of S397 studios but i noticed that the sound of the GT500 is not well. In my honourable opinion, the cockpit sound is not accurate, do you think the same ?

As far i can remember, at the beginning, the original sound was taken to the formula renault.
    The developpers (ISI i think) make a first update to switch that and the sound was really good. I don't know why, but a second update was done to the sound, and it is not good for me

I waited for a new update, but it never comes, so i writing for the first time to ask something to developers : what are you thinking about this and if you agree with me, can you change that or is it possible to send me the former sounds of the first update ?

I looking forward to your reply and anyone who want to react, i really want to know your opinion cause i'm curious and i'm a huge fan of the super GT500 series. ;)

2. Foresight

Foresight Registered

any feelings developpers and gamers ? Do i mistaken ? Are the sounds good for you ?

3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Ton anglais me semble tres bon....... pour un français Ah Ah ;). Google translate + un petit correctif ?

Concerning the gt500 :

I used it very little.

From memory I find the sound bad. But in a pinch, it could happen if the physics were good.

I always say: from far away the best cars in terms of physics and FFB are the ISI / S397 cars. I prefer not even use the "good" mods, such as the mod apex gt3.

Exactly the GT500 is one of the very rare ISI / S397 cars that I greatly disappointed (physics / sound).

I promised a rf2 user to test it again soon to check the physics: I may have been (probably) deceived .....

I am almost sure that no update is expected unfortunately (sound).

4. Foresight

Foresight Registered

Merci, j'ai fais cela sans me servir de google, par contre j''ai pris un peu de temps pour écrire :D

On the physics, i have no complains, they do the job for me (but FFB and physics are sometimes subjectives).
    Contrary to the sounds, because we can easily compare that with videos on youtube.
    In another website where i go often, we are a many players thinking that the cockpit sounds are bad. So i decide to write this here, as a spokeperson, so developers could resolve the problem.
    The worst is that, developers could look in their archives sounds (of ISI or S397) and put the good pick : the first update was good, the second was bad.

Moreover, my goal is to see if others players here have complains about that : by looking this forum, i was suprised that anyone talked about that, maybe this car is not very used by players like you.

It's a shame, just check a video on youtube and you will see that this car is a BEAST, and got PURE SOUNDS ! :cool:
    I dream we can have it in RF2, it lack just the sounds...the sounds, please developers :(

5. stonec

stonec Registered

@Foresight The first release got much critic from its sound. Then it was updated with some modder's sound, which nobody liked. The current sound (v3) is by far the best, there are no artefacts and it sounds like a professionally recorded sample. Admittedly it could have a bit more bass, but I disagree that it's worse than previous versions.

6. Foresight

Foresight Registered

Welcome stonec, glad to see a new comer in this post.
    Thanks for your opinion. I agree with you on some terms and you prove me that my memory is not bad. :D

The first sounds was a nonsense because they clearly take the sound of the formula renault car, copy and paste on the GT500. Developers admited that back there.
    I didn't know that the v2 sounds come from a modder, if someone can give me his name, it would be appreciate.

I disagree with you on the V2 sounds : It seems that this is the stuff i'm looking for because , in my opinion, they are better than V1 and V3 sounds (so the current sounds).

If you check a video on youtube, you can clearly notice the difference : the current sound is too soft, really too soft !
    A GT500 is not a GT3, even the gt3 motors got better raw sounds in RF2 !

Don't mistaken me, i'm not asking the impossible. I'm not asking a pure realistic sound, it would demand a lot of development (maybe like raceroom racing did with their cars) but just something serious who would approache the real thing : it's not the case at the moment.

[edit] if you can, can you give a link of a topic in RF2 where gamers complain about the V2 ?
    i didn't find that

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  7. Foresight

Foresight Registered

I re-checked youtube :

the V1 sounds was this

I didn' t find a video on the V2 ; the V3 aka actual sounds are this :

AND HERE, the real one :cool: :

Bonus, extra item, holy shi* :eek:

Maybe i'm wrong on the V2 and her sounds are not good, but the V3 are far from perfect.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017