Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Avo77

Avo77 Registered

I have similar issues with GT3 pack.
    Intel i5 3.5Ghz, Gtx 1060 6Gb, 8Gb ram, Win10.

At 1920x1080, even with medium settings, the FPS go below 50 as soon as more than three cars are close to each other. Gpu load in this kind of situations is at 99% so there is no bottleneck in the system.

Very, very disappointed...

2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I just want to help you, believe me thats very good : good graphics (really) and good performance. I know its a original approach. Its the result of ***~50 hours of test*** !!!

I copy from other thread :

FOR MEDIUM (GTX 780) OR LOW COMPUTER :

- deactivate shadows
    - deactivate real mirrors
    - deactivate post process
    - deactivate environmentreflection
    - lower anti aliasing
    - max AI = 6 and AI cars detail = low

Privilegate 3k or 4k resolution with AA off or level 1. If you have a full hd TV and a nvidia video card, use the DSRfunctionwith 3k or 4k with aa level 1 or aa off.

Use auto detail framerate : it is not a miracle solution but itworks fine.

You can also dsactivate road reflection, soft particles and special effects (graphics are still good).

For the CPU, put the "real time algorythm" in the UI to X1.

With aproximely these settings I have 60 FPS 99% of the time with 4K (DSR), full track details, road details, texture details, anisotropic X16, BEST GRAPHICS SETTING IN THE NVIDIA DRIVER its important (high quality textures, LOD negative bias : clamp, etc.)

And I confirmed shadows is the worst setting for performanceAND there is absolutely NO combination with good shadow graphics (even ultra + ultra).

Computer :
    I5 2500K overclock = +15%
    16GO ram
    Gtx 780 gpu oveclock = +23%
    ***********pci express 162.0****************** due to bad motherboard

3. Avo77

Avo77 Registered

With this kind of settings the graphics quality would be worse than Gp4 and it should run on a Pentium 2.

On my system rf2 runs with everything on full with basically any other car. It’s only this GT3 pack that is affected by the issue.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Max AI=0 works even better!!
    6 AI. Are you kidding?

demerzel, fsuarez79 and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

There is nothing stopping artists from creating more liveries for existing cars. What you are complaining about is the difficulty of adding additional vehicles to existing mods. It is good that it is difficult to add things or mess around with the internals of someone else's mod (even for something as simple as adding an additional car), puts creative control solely in the hands of the original mod author.
    While it might seem like oversight on the mod maker's part to not include all variations of the genstring as different vehicles, it really is their call to make. I would contact them to make the suggestion if you find variations missing.

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

It's funny how your post is directed at me specifically.
    You and I have been around rFactor for many years and you know me better to assume I'm having any issues personally with any of this.

My post is generated by the amount of people that "are" having a lot of trouble with this system. The great lack of new liveries being generated for mods are a testament to that. Even AC sees far more new car liveries being added to those cars then we do here for rF2. The new GT3 pack that was just released, Where's all the new liveries for that? rFactor1 would have seen 10 per car by now! Minimum!

As for your comment about modifying the original authors work I do get and understand your point but that's not stopping leagues replacing the original teams files with their own and repacking the mod for league use so really that makes your comment quite mute

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Hey Paco, apparently if you put your Merc skin into build 1109 it will look totally different to the 1108 build you are using. So I'm told by someone who used it in 1108 then updated to 1109. I can't check this for myself because I already had 1109 before I started the skins on the new GTPack. I don't think it's the paint prog I use as ALL my other skins are fine.

Thanks for your feedback though, I tried all the things you said with no joy. :) Will wait and see if S397 will fix in a patch?? ;)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Out of 55.000 buyers of RF2, after the release of the DLC, in the last 24 h 680 users played with it, less than 1,3 %.

"A stunning 98,7 % of people who bought RF2 either quit sim racing, or prefer other sims to drive." Totally wrong statement, if 680 are peak simultaneus players and not total number of different players , I apologize for it.

So we can discuss all day about superior physics, sophisticated tire model, 24 h light cycle, those are the facts.

This saying was attributed to Lenine "facts have a very hard head".

Cheers.

demerzel likes this.
  9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes you are right everything is difficult, if to get rid of the WFG skins of the Mc Laren I am supposed to create an update to the base mod, and then create a Vmod, something is awfully wrong (next update of Mc Laren will invalidate all this work).

Cheers.

demerzel likes this.
  10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Its a compromise. I have a medium computer. Rf2 is the baddest game of the world in terms of graphics optimisation.

What do you prefer spaskis :
    - 5-10 IA with perfect smooth and good graphics
    - very very bad graphics with perfect smooth and 25 IA
    - OR like you seems to suggest : ~25 IA with correct graphics (not very good) and NEVER smooth and sometimes 20 FPS.

Lol Spaskis with all my respect, you don't take all DATAS in account.

Plus, personnally I play exclusivelly on the nords not to make hotlap all the time but TO DRIVE 1/2/3 HOURS without stopping with damage at 200% with SMOOTH driviving (thats the goal) AND NO AI : the goal is to train me not to fight agalnst AI (95% of the time).

Spaskis, do you understand that my post was JUST to help people (with medium/low PC) : I don't try to impose my opinion in terms of graphics optimization but just TO HELP PEOPLE.... so no, to answer you I'm not kidding. ;)

WiZPER and SPASKIS like this.
  11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Like you I just speak for me. I don't know any gamers or simracers in real life.

Just what I can say is :

- there are different kinds of players (a lot I think which have different priorities and their own idea about what is important to improve the sim : in other post I put mine priorities.)
    - There are two main types of players I think : online players and offline (me for example)
    - I am not sure that offline players are really heard by ISI/S397
    - I dont know other offline users but for me : the main use of rf2 is for TRAINING, not for "having fun". I have about 20000 km of training in real life driving which for my 32 years is already a lot.
    --> That's why the priorities I mentioned are related to driving (FFB / physics / car content / aquaplanning / laser scanned tracks / graphic performance to have smooth driving) and not "rain graphics / graphics dx11 PP / UI / graphic damage on cars etc. ..."

The question is:

As there are many different types of users who each have their own priorities (like me), which direction will I go to? Or rather, to which users?
    As they must seduce new users more "gamers" than us, they choose the priorities that go well:
    --> UI / graphics / visual damage / graphic rain etc ....I say, these choices do not suit me. They are not turned towards driving I think and there is a lack of courage (my opinion, I do not impose on anyone).

So yes S397 turned to the mass (without negative connotation).

1 year has been PARTIALLY lost in my case (and as I said there is not one user who thinks like another, I do not expect you to have the same opinion or the same expectations.)

12. marmagas

marmagas Registered

New update-build?

Attached Files:

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Or just didn't drive that day, or like several sims (preferring aspects of each one), or real life got in the way. I didn't play in that 24 hours, I haven't quit sim racing or prefer other sims. I'm also not 13 and play games every day, plus I'm still waiting for rF2 to be most of what I hoped it would be when I got it in 2012. If they implemented gameplay features that totalled 80% of the promise (even in a technically not very sim way, but at least believable behind the wheel) I'd be playing it more often.

Lgel and Lu ManiaK like this.
  14. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Good points but Lgel is right : 1,3% seems very low despite your good arguments

15. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

What. i mainly use all games for offline and therefore for fun and not for training. I love the realistic aspects of those sims and i simply dont have the time to do online races. my priority list is completely different from yours. in my opinion physics and ffb are good enough to not give them a high priority level- i even think the game might die completely if you focus on those aspects. rain effects, ui and pp are the key elements to get more users to rf2. the hardcore simmers for "training" are way to few to keep a good cashflow.

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

So using other cars, you get near 100% use of CPU and/or GPU ?

17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I agree, probably.

Like I thank having enough said :
    - There are a lot of kind of users with each their own priorities.
    - I respect your priorities and other users priorities

I firmly believe that the only way for RF2 to succeed economically is to improve these strengths (very strong priorities) and to reinforce these weaknesses at a much more gradual pace (lower priorities).

Why ? because they have a very low capacity for development (small team).

STRENGTH OF RF2 / S397 =
    FFB / physics / realroad algorithms etc / very high quality car content.

WEAKNESSES RF2 / S397:
    graphics / damage management / UI (which is currently still sufficiently ergomomic / etc ....

Zeh Drei Peo likes this.
  18. Depco

Depco Registered

One can only hope....

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

idk man I have a core i3 and a r7 360 and I never test with less than 39 AI cars :D set visible cars to 12 and have fun. I have min 53fps in NOLA and 42 at Silverstone in the start of the race (S397 GT3 pack). All settings medium, blur/soft particles/reflections off AA lv1
    when I race online I put shadows on low and use FXAA instead just to keep it more stable

20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

If you can play in 4K OR using an equivalent of nvidia DSR, try my settings (not AI). Graphism are very very good. And yes yes yes, using DSR 4K with settings I give in this thread is very very unusual. But it is the best for a medium computer.

Just to say :
    - I lost ~50 hours of my life to find this unusual settings and that was huge
    - before become a project manager in real life, I was tester : I know how to make good tests and I test hundreds of tests combination before found these settings.

The quality of image with my settings is awesome (I see every details on the road whatever the distance etc.
    And it is ULTRA smoothq