I purchased the McLaren do i have to buy again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bringmetheapex, Oct 26, 2017.

1. bringmetheapex

bringmetheapex Registered

to get the GT3 pack?
    Or does it get taken off?
    Seems pointless having paid twice for the McLaren. If it gets taken off i'll go and purchase the rest of the pack.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You're out of luck, pack comes as a whole, no discounts if you purchased the McLaren separately when it first came out and then buy the pack. Alternatively you can purchase the other vehicles in the pack separately.

3. bringmetheapex

OK, might just get the Corvette then.

4. bringmetheapex

OK so if you purchase the McLaren already then got all cars as separates then its in total £26, if you get the Pack it's £14.
    So basically cheaper to simply purchase the whole pack as the discount is such that it works out better that way.

5. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

I think it's worth remembering that if you want to race online you'll need to have the whole pack, at least this is what I believe to be the case. I could be wrong.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Wait a few days for the Steam sale, maybe the pack will be part of it, who knows

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

yes, and no. You will need all the cars that the server is running, so if you have a server only running the mclaren, or the mclaren and the corvette, or wathever, you won't need the rest of the pack. But most likely all (or most) servers will not be running one or just some cars, but the entire pack, and in that case you do indeed need to own them all ;)

McKiernan likes this.
  8. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

Thanks for clearing that up. It makes sense then to buy the pack if online & Studio 397 GT3's are a priority for people.

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

No problem. However, having said that, it might chance in the future. S397 said that they might look if they can make it available to join a server without joining the pack. But before you get your hopes up, they also said they didn't know if it was goining to be possible to do so, even if they do desire.

So it looks unlikely it will happen, but last I heard it wasn't a definitive 'it won't happen', so maybe in the future.....

McKiernan likes this.
  10. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

It's cool with me, I bought the pack when it was released. I just thought that others might like to consider it before purchasing either single cars or the whole pack. Your posts make it easier for them to make that choice now.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's always possible... maybe their problem is how strong their security would be if they changed it to a model like AMS as AMS DLC got cracked pretty fast.