Synchronizing Steam Workshop taking 5 min - Ready to quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riverside, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Riverside

Riverside Registered

I think I posted this 2-3 months ago, still when I fire rf2 it just goes to that screen forever, 5 - 8 min, regardless of having new content to sync or not

I have moved to just forcing program quit after 5m and using another sim, there are many and better every time

Does anyone know any potential improvement I can apply?

Thks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think I saw here the long load time is due to large rF2 installs. If you have downloaded and installed all the cars and tracks available from just Steam, you have a fairly large selection. here is a possible alternatives. unsubscribe from as many carsets and tracks that aren't immeadiately interesting to you. YOu can always add them back later. See if cutting down the numbers of cars and tracks you have active improves your loading times.

WiZPER likes this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

If ,as it seems ,you only drive when looking for a change from the “ better “ sims then you may be downloading a heap of new content and updates to older stuff that you have been missing on , each time you force close it will still need to be downloaded from where you checked out

WiZPER likes this.
  4. Riverside

Riverside Registered

Grateful for the feedback, I did unsubscribe more than a half of what I had, and my first try looks much better, within 2m; don't have a problem using the subscribe tool to use/drop

Much appreciated

bwana likes this.