Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Rolacka

Rolacka Registered

I have the exact same I tried manually deleting the old folders & unsubscribing etc but can't get rid they just keep coming back automatically when I run the launcher!

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

That is how it should be, you will always have two versions installed :)

Emery and Jack7793 like this.
  3. Rolacka

Rolacka Registered

a
    ah ok thanks for letting us know I thought something was broken lol :)

4. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Just bought this pack. I'd like to start with the things I would like to see improved, then the things I love about the cars.

C7R
    - 3D modling could improve inside the car, like the ty-raps on the left. This was the first thing to catch my eye, unfortunately (guess because I'm a 3D modeler).
    - Sound-wise, it's not as aggressive as the real car, it's too soft. It doesn't "scream" like a real Corvette would.
    - Still no working wipers, and shift paddles don't work.
    - I only had 1 livery to chose.
    - Also, no performance delta on-screen (in fact, I don't think I ever saw this on rF2).

Mercedes AMG GT3
    - Great car, though sound could also improve to be more aggressive.
    - Shift lights: To me, only the red LED's go blank when I shift. If you watch the real car, all LED's go blank when the driver shifts.
    - I'm hearing quite a loud wind inside the car when I go at high speeds. That's fine, as long as it's balance with the engine sound.
    - Still only one livery;
    - The wheel vibrates and goes light on corners, like if I'm on a massive understeer situation, though tire temperatures don't change and grip levels seem to remain constant

Bentley
    - Wheel textures look dated

McLaren 650S
    - Certainly the most complete of the GT3 pack

The overall not-so-good
    Now, obviously I'm leaning towards thinking that S397's priorities were the tyres and overall physics, but considering this is payware I certainly expected more. A complete interior 3D model for all cars and that doesn't look unfinished, better sounds, working wipers to match their new video showcasing that beautiful rain (which is supposed to come soon), the paddle shifters to work, and at least a dozen liveries for each car, and talent files.
    Also, I'd like if you removed the "zeet zeet zeet" noise whenever we move our seat up or down.

I also noticed the performance is poor whenever an AI car from the GT3 Pack is near me. That includes in-pit and when they want to overtake.

To me the best word to describe this pack is underwhelming.

The overall "good damn this is awesome"
    I bought this pack to help Studio397 to continue support to our beloved simulator. Despite what seems to be a rushed release (not sure their vacation helped either), there are certainly good aspects to all the cars and I do consider the pack to be a good buy for the money.
    While I don't think this work is amazing in all regards, it's certainly not bad. The force feedback is one of the best I've experienced, and all cars feel SOLID and well balance, built by professionals who know what they're doing and we know the data input was real. But it has to improve and fast if S397 want more users, specially considering there are free mods like the Simtek MOD which offers an overall better experience and doesn't have most of the problems the GT3 pack has. However, it's tires and FFB are not on-par with S397 content, so there's your trade-off.
    I do like the idea of wind on high speeds, but it has to be balanced with the engine sound and has to work on all the cars.

If this pack gets updated and fixed on what most users are complaining here, then I'm more than happy to continue supporting you, S397. However, don't waste this opportunity, don't leave this DLC as it is right now because it's certainly disappointing in many regards.
    Make this your first and good DLC, and people will continue to buy your next releases.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  5. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Would be nice if there was a "Factory" setting. This way, road cars would have their factory ABS/TC, and race cars would have whatever the team/driver was using when S397/ISI contacted them about the data.

And also, obviously, a proper simulation of these aids with real-world intervals for each other.

6. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I think it's interesting how the Radicals in-car engine noise is so underwhelming but when listened to from outside or,better still, from the cockpit of another competitor it actually sounds pretty effing awesome.

7. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

It shouldn't be this obscure! Especially with Studio397 content.

I bought the GT3 Power Pack when first released, and the additional cars automatically downloaded when they became available. But, I'm not getting the update - I'm showing two versions but v1.0 and v1.01. So, from one of the posts recommending unsubscribing/re-subscribing, I thought I had a way to force the update. But, I don't see the cars anywhere when searching the rF2 Steam Workshop, or listed under my "subscribed" items, or listed as items in the Studio397 "collection". I feel I'm technically inclined (retired 25 year IT admin/manager), and don't usually need someone to hold my hand, I can't imagine how those technically challenged manage some of these idiosyncrasies of running rF2 or managing content :eek:

Note, I "can" find the 5 cars in my rF2 Steam "Inventory" - this pack is the only content of all my Steam games that arrange content in this manner (Steam Inventory). If I select one of the cars and select "find in workshop" it does switch to another Workshop page but really where is this - still can't search/find otherwise to find in the Workshop. I'm afraid that if I "unsubscribe" from the WS Inventory I won't be able to find again to "subscribe". My other rf2 workshop items (13 pages of items) automatically update when updated by the authors.

Shouldn't have to jump through hoops for something that should be a no-brainer :confused:

peterchen, Guimengo, Mibrandt and 2 others like this.
  8. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I Have a similar problem to Fuzzy, I have the original pack installed (old version, eg- Mercedes v1 and v1.01) all 5 cars, yes I pre paid to get them. But I can not get them to update to the newest version released on the 25th.
    Iv'e tried unsubscribing in the workshop, but these cars/pack don't show up on my subscribed list???
    I cant even find them when I search the workshop???. So i cant uninstall them to try to reinstall them.
    I have run a Verify Integrity of Game files, no difference.
    I'm at a loss here, so any help would be appreciated.

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You need to go to your Steam inventory, click on the cars and then you'll find the option to unsub. They are hidden so you can only access them from there

10. Jack7793

Jack7793 Registered

From the Steam Inventory screen I clicked "View Workshop Item" the un-subscribed and subscribed from there, I don't think you need to worry about not being able to find the item again.

11. Emery

Emery Registered

upload_2017-10-25_10-3-29.png

upload_2017-10-25_10-5-37.png

12. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

For those of you having problems getting the update have you tried restarting Steam? That's my go-to now a days whenever an update comes out. Happens with all my Steam games.
    TK

WiZPER likes this.
  13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Unsubscribe and then subscribe any item in Steam workshop, start rFactor 2(launcher) and you are fine :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    nipzon likes this.
  14. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Big THANKS to all helpers, & Emery for posting the pics, all working as intended now. :D
    You learn something everyday, then forget 5 things, getting old, :rolleyes: Thanks again folks.

Ari Antero likes this.
  15. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Ok, I went ahead and unsubscribed to all 5 cars - Steam Inventory, find in workshop, unsubscribe (repeat 5 times). Now I have the latest versions after restarting rF2 (didn't need to subscribe, was automatic). I originally "assumed" I had the latest versions.
    For me I'm now good to go but it's still amazing to me that someone has to jump through hoops to update. I'm a staunch supporter of rF2/Studio397 but these types of things don't help the general opinion of rF2 by many - more ammunition for those that take every opportunity to slam the game. Just saying...

DaveS78 likes this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You should not have to do that and most people do not, what you can do is unsub/resub to any item in the workshop and it will cause the GT3s to update.
    We do not control this behavior, this is entirely on the Steam side - and like I said this does not happen to everyone.

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I dont get this. Why 2 versions? None of my other content has 2 versions?

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

because the second is an update of the first, there is no problem having the package split in two, and because they will continue to update

Mibrandt likes this.
  19. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I'm currently painting up my Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 car, I can't find the "windows" so I can paint them. I've looked in the .mas file but there are no details in there, just a few "Locked" mas files. ANY ideas? I wanted to edit the front grill and remove the AMG logo on the window and move it to the rear wing. Why are these files locked away? After all, I did pay for this car.

PACO

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Tonight I could finally spend some time with each GT3 car of the pack (Update 1) on various tracks.
    They all drive fantastically well with superb physics and FFB, each with their own character, so congrats to the team.

A few observations:

- Bentley: I wish the seat could be set a tad forward than currently possibly possible at max (240). It is inconsistent with other cars.
    - Radical: this car is more taxing on framerate than other GT3 cars (which are already more taxing than most base game cars)
    - I'd like the ability to drive cars with a banner on top of the windshield, without the banner, for better visibility. Something that could be selectable in the car setup screen
    - a left wheel version of the Bentley ?