N00b racing leagues NA

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by EternalRage, Oct 20, 2017.

1. EternalRage

EternalRage Registered

Any racing leagues for new players in North America?

I've got a wheel, but I'd like the option of setting it up depending on my mood. Do races require them?

Thank you,

ER

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

As far as I know, there is no possibility to force any specific type of controller. Admins can disable driving assists though which can make things difficult for controller users.

Racing sim experience is at it's best with wheel so I would encourage you to use wheel. Our league allow TC and ABS (many modern cars allow them in real life). Clean racing is more important than what controller you use, wheel is mostly for your own fun. You can be fast with a controller but with wheel you can be more consistent. And using wheel gets you closer to the real thing.

You can check our league from www.virtualracingchampionship.com
    New players are welcome though we have all skill levels.

-Matt
    VRC admin

3. EternalRage

EternalRage Registered

Using phone now :(

As it turns out just set up my wheel yesterday. Logitech DFGT.

I was taken aback by how bad the settings were if the profile was loaded in game. One of the settings was at 1.0 when 0.40 is where it should be. I can't remember what it was called but it made a massive difference.

In the wheel software settings dampening and spring turned off.

SimonJ likes this.
  4. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Sounds like the in game multiplier for ffb just below the deg setting for wheel in setting menu, we normally have that about 0.50 ish in GTE cars depending on your wheel :)
    set to you preference. It will make wheel feel stronger higher you go :)

few setting here :)
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-ffb-settings-are-unplayable.112247/page-2

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  5. EternalRage

EternalRage Registered

Thank you. That would make a nice favorite to go back to time and time again. My desk sucks too because it's in a wave like formation instead of a straight line to clamp the wheel too. So to get the wheel nice and snug, I've got to face it like 45 degrees off from the monitor. Looks and feels absolutely awful. Hard to explain. I might take a saw to the damn thing, or turn it backwards. heh

6. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Yep def turn desk so you can get wheel straight :)