[DX11 beta] SLI compatibility bits

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JetPistol, May 2, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Edit Maximum pre-redered frames to two-way SLI = 2, Three-way SLI=3.
    This is DX11 bits I am using: 0x024020F1

2. JetPistol

JetPistol Registered

You should try 0x080000F5 then since it's much faster than 0x024020F1

0x024020F1
    [​IMG]

0x080000F5
    [​IMG]

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

0x024020F1
    DX11-0x024020F1.jpg
    0x080000F5
    DX11-0x080000F5.jpg

Nvidia 780Ti Two-way SLI. Notice my CPU loads. Pics are with high game settings High Shadows, PP High etc.

JetPistol likes this.
  4. JetPistol

JetPistol Registered

Now that's strange to see but it's solely my fault since I had DX9 running :confused:

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Hehe, shit happens :)

6. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Ari Antero
    Could you share your Nvidia Inspector settings , RF2 config , and in-game settings for Optimal Two way SLI performance using DX11? Screen shots would be very helpful as I have not been able to achieve good results. I am running RF2 with Window7 Ultamite 64 , two GTX 980's , Intel 4790K , 16gb ram and Samsung SSD hard drive.
    Thank You
    M.Guenette

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

In rFactor 2 it is important that MBO has PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16 support which gives you about 40% performance improvement with SLI. If your MBO has PCI-E@3.0 x 8 x 8 support performance improvement is 10-20% vs single card.

rFactor2 video settings:
    Mode > Fullscreen
    Anti Aliasing > 3 (Some low FPS non DX11 optimized tracks, 2 = FPS improvement)
    Post Effects > Medium (None = FPS improvement)
    Sync> Video

Inn Game > Options > Display:
    Circuit Detail Full
    Player Detail > Full
    Opponent Detail > Full
    Texture Detail > Full
    Texture Filter > X 16
    Special Effects > Full
    Shadows > Medium (Low shadows = FPS improvement)
    Shadow Blur > Optimum
    Soft particles > High
    Rain Drops > Yes
    Road Reflection > X
    Environment Reflection > Low

NI.jpg

Edit this line "Use thread":true, in controller.JSON and this line "Texture Sharpening":0, player.JSON

To be sure that game is running in fullscreen mode and to get rid of stutters In Win 7 close all apps and programs including steam. Start rFactor 2 from rfactor2.exe, tick Auto Close Launcher.

Settings Lancher.jpg

If you are still experiencing bad performance make clean install of the latest Nvidia driver like this:

1) Download the newest version of Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and extract it to your location of choice (I just extract it in a folder on my desktop). DDU seems to get updated often, sometimes even multiple times per week, so always check for the newest version

NOTE: If you don't use any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner), more than one monitor, SLI or Nvidia 3D Vision skip to step 7.

2) If using multiple screens go back to single screen mode with the remaining monitors disabled (done in NVidia Control Panel.)

3) If using 3D, disable it in the Nvidia control panel.

4) If using SLI disable it in the NVidia Control Panel

5) Set all overclocks, and such, in any additional GPU software installed (EVGA Precision, MSI afterburner), back to default.

6) Use the free program Revo Uninstaller in it's most thorough/advanced mode to fully uninstall any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner). Just the 3rd party stuff though; Original Nvidia drivers and control panels will removed in the next few steps below

7) Restart in safe mode

8 ) Use display driver uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode to uninstall your drivers. Always make sure you select to uninstall/clean everything you can from the brand you choose (eg. for Nvidia - PhysX, 3D, any audio stuff, everything), even if you think or know it wasn't installed. Also, always make sure to select the "Remove C:\NVIDIA folders" option. When you proceed with the driver cleaning, choose the option that DOES NOT restart/shut down the PC. Then click o.k./exit/close when it's done cleaning, DDU will close, open it back up, make sure everything is selected again, and this time make sure you choose the option that DOES restart the PC (or the option that fully shuts down the PC if you are going to physically be changing your GPU).

9) After restart, use the free program CCleaner's registry cleaner and delete/clean NVidia or additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner) files it may find

10) Restart PC

11) Install NVidia drivers and always choose "custom" install and just install the minimum of what you need.

12) If you aren't prompted to restart at the end of installation, then restart anyways

NOTE: If you don't use any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner), more than one monitor, SLI or 3D, then skip to step 17.

13) Upon restart, install any other GPU software you wish (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner)

14) Restart

15) Setup SLI, triple screens, etc.

16) Restart and play the game.

:)

8. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Thank you Ari Antero
    Going to try this tonight ! One question. Are you running with Multiview checked on?

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

That's really kind to take the time to explain things like this and to help people.

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes i have multiview ticked.

11. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Ari Antero ,
    Can you tell me what Motherboard / Processor you are using? Finding a motherboard that runs dual/sli PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16 is quite a challenge.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have two PC`s with PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16, Asus X99, MBO: WS-E/10G, CPU: I7-6950X and MBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87x-OC, CPU: I7-4770k.
    You can download GPU Z from this link : https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ to find out if your MBO supports PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16. Right side in GPU Z you have text "PCI-E 3.0 x 16@x..... click ? and CPU Z runs Render Test where you can see in the bottom if your PC is running PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16 or PCI-E@3.0 x8 x8.

13. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

The problem is that rFactor 2 is like any other game. Usually difference in other games PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16 vs PCI-E@3.0 x8 x8 is max 5 fps.
    If you read this two post`s you get the clue:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....017-is-now-available.57398/page-4#post-910133
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....017-is-now-available.57398/page-7#post-910840

15. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

I understand ,
    It looks like if I swap my Asus Sabertooth z97 mark 2 motherboard for a Gigabyte GA-Z87x-OC motherboard I will be able to run my 2
    GTX 980's in SLI at PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16 speeds. Therefore gaining additional performance with RFactor 2. Correct ?

16. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

17. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Is it possible you have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC "FORCE" motherboard?

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes but wait as long as DX11 is released as default. I let you know if PCI-E@3.0 x16 x16 vs PCI-E@3.0 x8 x8 performance is like it is today or if the performance is equal when DX11 is released as default.

Yes it is force I have, sorry for incomplete details :(

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@M.Guenette while waiting DX11 to be default use settings below and I bet you are able to play rF2 with descent game experience.

rFactor2 video settings:
    Mode > Fullscreen
    Anti Aliasing > 3 or 2
    Post Effects > None
    Sync> Video

Inn Game > Options > Display:
    Circuit Detail Full
    Player Detail > Full
    Opponent Detail > High
    Texture Detail > Full
    Texture Filter > X 16
    Special Effects > Full
    Shadows > Low
    Shadow Blur > Optimum or fast
    Soft particles > Low
    Rain Drops > Yes
    Road Reflection > X
    Environment Reflection > X

;)

20. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Thanks Ari Antero !
    I will wait till DX11 is default. Thanks so much for your help. Game runs good with those adjusted settings ;)

Ari Antero likes this.