Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Carlos Sancho and Gary77 like this.
  2. RoWo

RoWo Member

We now had a test race in our league. Every car alone is great fun and I think, the cars looking great and the physics are well done.

Disappointing is the graphical performance. We were about ten people and the FPS went very low. In most cases I have no problem to reach my stable 60FPS, with these cars I got FPS sometimes down to 30 FPS. So this should be adressed. Thanks.

dadaboomda, Emery and SPASKIS like this.
  3. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Thank you Paco!!!

Paco572 likes this.
  4. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Ya, they won't be here till Weds Gary77, to rip the place apart so I took the time to put the package together. I had some issues with "Transparent"/windows/glass earlier, which prevented me from posting the skins, but I solved those issues and made my adjustments. So happy land for all.!!
    THX
    PACO :)

Gary77 and Emery like this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

and what is the problem? the motion file can also be translated !!! ...even keeping the same is better than nothing

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet but am wondering if anyone else has the same problem I'm having with the Mercedes paint.
    It doesn't seem to matter what I do with my paint colour in the merc it always comes out silver. Tried turning off all layers including the base layer and only left my blue (new paint) layer on, still comes out silver?

Anyone got any ideas on where I'm going wrong. See images below, both cars have the same colour paint in PS and the alpha channel on the merc is darker grey so should be less shiny. Bottom pic is a shot of the template for merc.
    Thanks in advance.

PS sorry if this has been asked. GRAB_256.JPG GRAB_257.JPG merc04.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think he's pointing out that rims with motion blur 'break' the template system, so it's not possible. I could well be wrong though.

juanchioooo and gpfan like this.
  8. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Not sure if anyone has asked this but is the Camaro compatible with these straight out of the box or will it need an update ?

dadaboomda and mancslo like this.
  9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

So did we, our first race is now history.
    In these cases we always start off with Silverstone, an official and well optimized track.
    fps was not a problem.
    In fact racing the Civic at the A1 Ring having recently switched to DX11 I got 45 fps on the starting grid, up to 70 fps rest of the track.
    Much lower than I would be getting on DX9.
    Important thing though I got no freezes and everything was smooth during the race.
    Hitting Silverstone with the GT3 pack it was 120+ fps with my mid to low-end GC so great.
    No problems all week but come qualifying the server was freezing.
    After two restarts we just waited it out and 2 mins in we could do the quali.
    That was really worrying but in the end all turned out ok, and the race was fantastic and most everyone had a lot of fun.
    We have had 40 car grids in the Megane trophy II and the Apex GT3s with no problems whatsoever, 30 cars we had last night should not have been a problem.

1)Rf2 latest version has a bug?
    2)Bug in the GT3 pack?
    3)Maybe custom liveries causing the disruption
    4)Mod is too heavy?
    5)Insert reason here

Leaving these here as feedback, unlikely it was the stars aligning so expecting others to have issues as well and for those to be resolved in the near future.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It most lightly won't fit the current BoP.

11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I just hope that isi camaro has soon the latest ISI/S397 physics technology. Someone know something about this ? Thank's

12. lagg

lagg Registered

Something similar happened in our race.
    I wrote this post to inform about it.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/bug-when-changing-the-session-in-1109.58098/

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yesterday I gave the GT3 pack a first try.
    Honor to whom honor (hope google translated this right). I tried all car‘s except the Bentley due to less time.
    It‘s the first time I‘ve got a modern GT3 pack of cars for rF2 from the vendor/dev studio himself. Which is great.
    To be honest I was tired of getting always only one car (as ISI has done this in the past). Thankfully the modding scene has helped us the past years (and hopefully also for the future) with great GT3 Mods.
    I have a decent simrig setup with a simexperience stage one seat and a triple projector setup warped on a 2.65m curved screen with 150 degree angle.
    Since I use the dx11 engine I‘m able to get a smooth experience with stable FPS of course I can still not turn on all the nice bling bling features for example I‘have to run the post processing on low to avoid micro stuttering (I use a GTX 1080 AMP extreme) but finally I can tune my most favorited car/track combos to a smooth level. This is a real big improvement for me.
    My first impression of the car‘s yesterday was: wow they are all really alive and every car has it‘s own character. Because of my motion seat I have a additional dimenson of ffb I can feel and compare.
    Have to say I really enjoyed it. I guess the ffb output on the wheel depend strong on the wheel type and some older or simple wheels it will suffer on details. ATM I use a old fanatec csr-e and the ffb is there and good but I can feel that I can not use the whole potential of the output. I plan to change my wheel to a osw simucube solution with the new 2048 line sincos encoder that should be enough to get out all the forces without loosing details in high torq situations. I will see and report back.
    Despite some reports in this thread I love how the car‘s behave when you brake them hard into a corner. I can feel really good how they get more and more unstable during the weight transfer and wont brake out of the line if I don‘t reduce/adapt the brake pressure and correct my driving line. That really raise the sensation :) and I love it (tested with ABS and Traction control on low)
    Sounds are good and a big step forward compared to car‘s in the past. All in all they are satisfying and well done. I would love to hear more or louder enviroment sounds inside the car in cockpit view (gearbox, chassis, suspension, bottoming ...) could also depend a bit on my audio settings but it‘s still hard in F2 to get/set fitting settings and if you found some you can be sure they will not fit again if you change the car/track combo ^^
    The modeling and the all over visual experience of the cars is IMO superb and one of the best for modern tintop cars in rF2 we’ve got from the devstudio direct. TYVM keep up the good work S397.
    The effect of the new shaders (damage, dust and shield reflections) I did not notice. I guess I have to review my settings and take more time for this topic. I‘ve checked I‘m on the last dx11 build.
    Finally there are now glowing brakedisks implemented and different tyre choices. I would love to see a improved backfire effect and algorithm. The backfire intervall is in generally to predictable and IRL IMO much less noticable.
    All in all the DLC is worth every cent for me and I‘m sure I will enjoy the racing with it many hours in the future.

Last but not least and as multiple times mentioned in this thread I miss additional skins which is ATM a joybreaker for racing. As it is confirmed that we get skins it is ok for me to wait (hopefully not to long) I hope in the meantime the painter community can help us out a bit ;-)

My feedback is related in many aspects to a personally point of view and influenced of specific software settings and depend also strong on the used hardware.
    At least I hope it‘s a usefull feedback for some of you.

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

yes, I understood perfectly.
    in the (Cont_GT3_teams) you can put the rim deflection exactly the same as the rim, you just have to enable it, and insert the file with the redirection of the rim.
    I think that's not a problem.if it is more work, but not insurmountable

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if it works, but the official template does not correctly register the colors
    red becomes pink

GRAB_009.JPG

16. TJones

TJones Registered

For me it's a good pack with some lack of polish here and there.
    Graphical apearence look's good to me, damage shaders arer very nice. To be honest it's not my main interest, so i should let others judge about.
    Cockpits are good, but some trivals reduce the overall positive impression. For example side-mirrors are poorly adjusted. Some values on display cut boundaries (AMG for example). Delta-time shown in display, should also be standart in most (if nor all) of these days GT-cars. Maybe it's possible to take ABS and TC out of the driving-aids section, and put it into setup, for those cars wich are equipped with these systems in reality. In this process i should be able to adjust these systems in more (finer) steps, maybe with up/down key binding.

Sounds are generally very good IMO (engine , tyres), with the exception that opponent sounds are to loud compared to my own car. It would be ok for open roof cars, but for closed cockpit they are to loud.

About driving, which is the most important aspect of course, i can say it's very enjoyable to drive these cars. The different characteristics of each type are very nicely done. How the tyres feel how they grip feels very good IMO. I've got sometimes the impression they are a bit to easy to drive, especially the Mclaren, not sure about though. But I think the 650S is a very good and balanced car and not to difficult to drive in reality aswell. Looking at Kevin Estre's (i guess) lap (bottom of post) at Nurbutgring should support this.
    However something i'm pretty sure about is, that the cars are to easy to catch at high slip angles at mid and high speed corners. I was able to hold the Mclaren a few times with full opposite lock for example. Also there's still to much (or not enough drop if you like) of grip at very low and very high tyre temperatures.
    These cars properly driven shouldn't reach those high slip angles, so not that of a big issue. ;)

About lacking AI-driver/talent-file, well it isn't nice to get beaten by a guy called "Testdriver 69", but i didn't expect a full field of GT-drivers anyway. It's been sold as a pack of five GT-cars and not as a whole GT racing series.
    Maybe Studio-397 can replace all the "testdrivers" with proper ones for the default talent file some day.
    Liveries are lacking yes, but get filled up later on as i read somewhere.

Just saw it isn't exactly the same car, but shouldn't to much different (hopefully) :confused:

SPASKIS, alpha-bravo and juanchioooo like this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I find these cars drive second nature. I don't mean too easy but they tend to respond the way I think they should. It must be the extra fine detail added in physics that make these cars so interesting.

After the rain update I would like to see S-397 bring all the cars to this quality.
    The graphics are quit clear now but I suppose there could be some efficiencies gained yet.

I hope S-397 made some money from these mods!:)

I guess we should make some videos of these cars to help promote?

I think Project Cars 2 are bringing new drivers to the market. I was reading a thread in PC2 about console guys thinking about getting PC's. And you got it, one of many perks of the PC world that came up is 'rF2 and all the mods'. So I think this is good timing?

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  18. Emery

Emery Registered

Steamcharts numbers seem to back that up. Essentially an extra 1500 players per day have appeared from nowhere (pCARS 2 is holding steady now at around 2000 players per day and pCARS 1 has lost about 500 players per day while the other sims have had no change). It might be every simracer is doubling up which games they're playing, but I doubt it.

rF2's new content & updates seem to have enabled it to start pulling ahead of Raceroom. Still, though, if you add all the daily players of AMS, Raceroom, & rF2 together, you won't match either AC or pCARS 2.

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

@TJones good points: talent file, display, finer abs and tc control. Mirror settings are a special thing because in my case with my display settings I can say the default settings are always wrong regardless which car I use. Due the separate mirror control settings (alt or ctrl) which works fine with this DLC it‘s absolut ok IMO. I guess the mirror settings depend strong on seat position and FOV so it‘s hard to find a good default setting.
    Look and learn from Chris Harris about drift and catch these cars @ high slip angels (joking);)

TJones likes this.
  20. philrob

philrob Registered

first attempt at a skin for the GT3s, so far so good, alphas next rf2 bentley .jpg