Im thinking about buying the United Racing Design GT and Prototype mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stubrier123, Oct 20, 2017.

1. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Hey guys
    (Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to be posting this.)
    I've bean doing some research into the URD (united racing design) GT and Prototype mods and was thinking weather or not I should buy them or not.

I heard a lot of good things about them particularly on how detailed they are compared to other Endurance mods I have in my collection of RF2 mods.

Im also aware thats its a payware mod and that its a work in progress mod where development is a bit slow but I suppose its better then them rushing there mods out half finished and broken.

So what I would like to know is what are people's individual experience with the mods mentioned and are they worth buying.

gabrielof likes this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It might be good to try their free car, the C7R and the C6R to see if it is up to your expectations. Overall the quality is pretty good, especialy visualy the cars are great. But it seems that the Prototype mod is taking a bit longer due to the DX11 beta, so it might be worth to mention that you are buying into a WIP product with that one. With the GTE cars I would say, go for it ;)

stubrier123 likes this.
  3. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

I have all URD mods there some of the best mods and will be updated in time new T5 is allot of fun.
    We have been racing the EGT for few years now and I like it allot not much come close to it for a while for feel.
    Will get even better once updated to new tire model like in the new GT3 pack.
    Prototype is fun hoping for update soon to that but def worth buying :)

coltair and stubrier123 like this.
  4. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Thanks hitm4k3r alot of good points there.
    Whereabouts can I download the C7R and the C6R for me to try out? Do I download it of the URD website or is it in game already?

5. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Thanks Simon I.ve bean dying to race LMP1 cars for so long now because the Enduracers mod doesn't have any LMP1 cars. It has LMP2,GTE and GTC but no LMP1. Which is disappointing but still provides some fun though just not as much as I expected.

6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

It is a good advice to test the free cars.

For me sounds and graphics are good. But physics/FFB are for me not good enough.

There is a lot of similitudes theorically between gte and gt3 : using Isi camaro and S397 gt3 seems to me a better choice (ISI/S397 physics and real car data).

David O'Reilly likes this.
  7. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

I heard about the S397 GT3 pack but I hear there's a few problems with it. One of them being you can't test drive them where your just casually driving the car with the whole track to yourself.

8. Magus

Magus Registered

Not sure what you mean here but you can do a practice session without any AI or so a private session where the AI are there but not to bee seen on track. This is for any official/unofficial car/track mod in rf2, it is a game setting, unless the setting actually doesn't work for the GT3 pack(??), if that is what you are saying. I always practice with AI on track so wouldn't know but seems weird if true.

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

URD content is always worth the money they are really good, but if you are looking for a GT pack to buy I'd get S397 now and wait to see what URD plans are. The cars sold now (except JT5 and the LMP1) are getting old and need to be replaced, they need to tell customers about their next plans.

Foresight, kimikaze and stubrier123 like this.
  10. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

11. Depco

Depco Registered

I also have all the URD content. The EGT is the only one I use with any frequency as our league is using it for our current series. However, all of the cars are a hoot to drive. Considering the price of the mods I wold say they are very affordable and a good bang for your buck. But, if you can only spend money on one mod I would choose the GT3 Pack from S397 over the URD mods. They are official content and S397 are working on making them much better.

Foresight likes this.
  12. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Someone mentioned this in the comments section on a youtube video I was watching early about the GT3 pack.

Heres the comment (Again this didn't come from me)

"I feel like Studio 397 deserve some DLC money, but 6 bucks for one car? And I can't test-drive it like in R3E? And it's a GT3 car... nothing I can get excited for exactly. And this one even was a free bonus in Assetto Corsa. I don't know man... [btw. I'm speaking as a student with not much money for whom iRacing is too expensive as well"

13. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

14. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Yeah I agree I saw on another forum on Race Department about URD not keeping their customers up to date.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/united-racing-design-abandoned.138698/

But I.ll give URD the benefit of the doubt because I was told that there waiting for S397 to finish working on the DX11 beta before they make a move.

15. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

I saw a video on the S397 GT3 pack and the cockpit of the McLaren 650S looks fantastic so I.ll definitely give it a go at some point. Dispite its current issue of not being able to test drive the cars. I can afford both mods altogether because after doing a price crunch of both the GT mod and PX mod from URD its only 15 euros so its something I can definitely afford.

16. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Hey guys I was test driving the Corvette from URD and I think its great. The handling on the corvette is pretty good and is better then Endurancers cars so thats a positive. Only thing I don't like about is how close the camera is to the back of the car in third person mode but I can forgive that since I race in the drivers veiw alot.

Overall though I.ll be definitely buying the URD GT pack as well as the prototype pack. But for those who also suggested me getting the S397 GT3 pack I.ll be looking to get that as well. Can't wait to be driving LMP1 cars in RF2 after a long time searching.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Why don't you wait for them to release an update before buying? There doesn't seem to be a rush to get them, especially the PX.

18. Magus

Magus Registered

What he means is that in R3E you can try before you buy, which they term as a test drive.

19. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

I suppose Christmas is only another 2 months away so I.ll get the two mods by then if URD release an update for them at that time.
    But in all honesty I just wanna be able to drive LMP1 cars after the Enduracers mod left a bitter taste in my mouth for not having any LMP1 cars included.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  20. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Ah okay now I see where your coming from.
    Sorry about the whole confusion there. Thanks for clearing it up for me. :D