Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Pitcrew (@20s)
    Why showing demo's if it'll never be released? It was also announced on the old ISI forum, but can't find that link.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It was never promised. It's in devmode, you can use it right now, but as you can see, it doesn't work well. The guy in the video doesn't work for ISI, so they never showed off a demo.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  3. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Just tried the Corvette! It drives great IMO!

The release of this pack should put the creation of a TC and ABS model high on S397's list of things to do, because I think that having to set TC and ABS to low and not being able to control these aids in the car is making this pack incomplete. But I guess you have to start somewhere, right?

Cheers

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

You can control it from within the car. You can even map it to a button on your steering wheel for instance.

Amanda Santini, bwana and WiZPER like this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

to me it seems (assetto corsa) an arcade, but as everything can be opinionable if your opinion is that it is more economical assetto corsa in their dlc, I have already lost count of how many dlc have a month, making $, easy: (go to asseto corsa), is taking, forget rfactor 2 go, bye bye ;)

sC_w0lveS likes this.
  6. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

It's on the list of things to do as far as I'm aware.

They are looking at moving TC and ABS from the difficulty / aids menu and pit it into setups.
    I agree this should be incremental and full adjustable as in the real cars

7. RNeves

RNeves Registered

But you can only set betewwn Off, Low and High. That's non a properly modeled TC or ABS. Look at how many positions you have on a GT3 car for each of those devices!

I'm talking about actually simulating ingame the electronics working to reduce wheelspin by reducing fuel to the cylinders, or electronics working to reduce brake pressure to a caliper when it detects wheel lock.

The TC and ABS currently used ingame doesn't make these cars justice IMO!

8. lagg

lagg Registered

This post in not directly referred to this thread and i could write it in several places, but i wanted to say this for some time.
    A logical consecuence of all these complains is that S397 stops telling us their targets, projects, ideas, etc.
    If they tell us something, there are complains.
    If they don't tell us something, there are complains.
    If they don't give us content, there are complains.
    If they give us content, there are complains.
    There is an important dispersion of the information, and a lot of misinformation in the forum. This creates a lot of tension and conflicts.
    The rF2 users (we) are very demanding, and i understand that we have hurry because of the ISI management.
    S397 is in charge of rF2 since a year ago, and there were a lot of things to do. And there are still a lot of things to do, because it is impossible to do that work in a year. In this year the rF2 has had some important improvements to change the course of the software.
    I'm forum admin for several years and i'm sure that this forum is really difficult to moderate.
    I don't envy them, and congratulations for their work.

I think that it's time to breath, take some perspective and calm down a bit.

Sorry for the off topic.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  9. Emery

Emery Registered

Yeah, that's just some guy messing around. Never demonstrated by ISI. Here are links to relevant threads:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ll-vehicle-modders-pitcrew-in-rfactor2.48545/
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-to-add-pit-crew.54235/

P.S. You do realise that official ISI or official S397 videos use the studio name as the author on YouTube? Not some random person?

10. oppolo

oppolo Registered

11. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thank you S397 for the GT3 PP. Very solid v1.00 for the four new cars.
    As someone who is currently helping get a mod into game I understand how
    much work goes in to getting one car in game, let alone five.
    To me, the Callaway and Radical are the closest to being 'finished'. I think the AMG & Bentley
    could do with a little more tweaking with the physics. Both feel a little disconnected to the road, and the Bentley
    has that ISI typical oversteer-then-snap-overcorrection, which is quite off-putting. But, the McLaren took a fair few
    updates before getting a really nice car to drive, so I'm looking forward to how the remaining cars progress..
    Thanks again, cheers.

12. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I just want to say thank you for the cars, I also look forward to updates when they are ready. I have no problem saying what I feel about the game or problems I might be having, I just hope my input does in some way help make the game better. That being said, I'd like to show off my newly painted Bentley. Enjoy :)

PACO 20171018193326_1.jpg 20171018193347_1.jpg

13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Guys! These are great cars. I don't like newer cars and I don't care for the GT3's so I wasn't that excited plus the price was a lot for DLC but fully worth it.

Great job!!

Forget about rF3 and continue in this direction. These cars have very well detailed physics and are complete.

Please bring on more DLC of this quality. I would even be willing to pay for existing cars and tracks to be brought to this level of quality.

14. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Very nice skin mate. could you please share it?

Paco572 likes this.
  15. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I'll see what I can do. Drop box maybe.

I'll post a link if I have time, won't be for a few days I'm afraid and could be a month or more as renovations to my place will be starting soon and both my music studio and all 3 PC's will be down until work is completed. But after that I post up ALL my paint jobs.

PACO

16. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Cheers mate!

Paco572 likes this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

The GT3's are getting good reviews in AC.

18. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Personally improvement existing aid have not no interest. I uses not ever tc or ABS even on cars which have that feature. The purpose for me is to have the conduct the finer possible.

19. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Accepting you started with the word "Personally" a simulator should simulate real life. If cars have adjustable TC and ABS, the point was this should be more adjustable to simulate real life. You "personally" can turn it off

manc0ntr0, Obbzy_XR_, bluet and 8 others like this.
  20. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Ok Th
    OK Thanks, my mistake....