3 wishes

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Skan, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Skan

Skan Registered

Wishes are not in any particular order:

Slow Motion and Co. make another vehicle. The Palatov is awesome.

Howston and Panoz release more vehicles especially hypercars or whatever the fastest things out are called now.

RC Car template on the download page because due to possible idiocy on my part I still cannot find which full sized ISI vehicle uses the same exact body as that little car.

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

It uses the template of the Formula 2 2012 aka Williams JPH1B FIA F2

3. Skan

Skan Registered

Thank You Hectari. Thank You also to others who said formula 2 the last time I asked, since I'm not knowledgeable in Indy classes and names, I never "saw" it. I knew it was my idiocy. Williams JPH1B FIA F2 was right there the whole time.

4. Skan

Skan Registered

Instead of making a new thread.....

I wish someone, anyone would make a track with these elements in it.
    View attachment 20293
    View attachment 20294
    View attachment 20295
    View attachment 20296
    The road is all I am concerned about so any other non essential track objects, buildings, crowd, terrain, etc. is irrelevant. It doesn't even need to be a drivable circuit. It would be fine as a large area with all kinds of things to drive on. A few jumps would make it complete. A drivable circuit would be even better of course. A racable (is that a word?) circuit would be awesome to the point of the possibility of a real life hug. I realize that rf2 is for simulating real life driving but You know You want this too. The track, not the hug.

5. Skan

Skan Registered

The wishes continue

I wish someone at Studio 397, ISI, Luminis and whoever else involved in RF2 played World of Tanks. I wish someone at wargaming was addicted to RF2. I wish those same people saw how awesome those WoT maps could be if brought to rf2 standards and unleashed on the public as not only circuits but free roaming. An unlikely partnership but this is a wish list.

I wish steam did not think I stopped practicing the day after I switched to steam but allowed all other achievements to be met as normal. Steam, if You are reading this, I have video to prove I have driven at least 1 mile.

The top down view in RF2 would allow for the BEST Spyhunter remake ever. Same goes for that old game sprint. A mod or 2 like this would not only be fun but it would allow for a whole different type of racing. Just 1 or 2 though as there is a reason we have moved on from having only a top down view.

I wish ISI made a standalone software package for $99 usd that allowed a 6 year old the ability to create a car or track from scratch and by the time they click the last mouse click... the car or track is able to be used at the most basic but visually acceptable level. Build the chassis tube by tube or pick from ready made parts, same with tracks. This same software with a few hundred hours of use could lead to something very close to ISI/3PA quality but would not quite get there as to not step on the toes of those of who are already making cars and tracks. I've seen what is currently available for tracks, have not seen anything like this for cars and I am confident You could blow those guys out of the water.

I wish I knew how to put my face on the driver.

6. Skan

Skan Registered

So much has happened here since the last post. One thing has not changed, the rF2 community is still awesome.

Would one of you kind folks who makes vehicles and/or the physics for them please email (or message) me a list of questions you would ask a tire manufacturer.

If the above question applies to shock absorbers, a list of those questions would be great.

Driving the 6 wheeled F1 car makes me bring up an older question or wish depending on the way you read it. Why don't we have semi trucks exactly like American Truck Simulator? Not everything has to be a race or everything can be a race depending on how you look at it. I am quite sure one of you who make vehicles can set us up with a steam subscribed WIP big rig semi like Marcel did with the BT-go fast.

Skid Pad -Skid Pan ...seen both spellings... The creator of that can be contacted. I do not know them but I am sure someone here does. It needs cameras for the long straight and a few other cameras for the big lot. I have no clue as to the time this would take nor do I pretend to know how hard it is or is not to do. Please also make it impossible to fall of every edge of the map, location or whatever it is called.

Last time I made a wish involving Slow Motion, He and His Team gave us a few things. They still are giving. I wish them the best and hope their wishes come true. If They were to grace us with another fine automotive work of art, it will not go unused.

I do wish more of you allowed automatic transmissions on your servers. You might wish I just learned to drive manual. To that Sir (or Madam), I say Fair Enough! But... there is always a but when it comes to this topic and me... automatic transmission does not automatically mean faster driver. I cannot count the times that I could have finished better or won a race if my transmission was manual and had someone good at manually shifting behind the wheel. With a manual I am more of a hindrance in a race than competition. 105% chance of a miss-shift next to you or in front of you and off we go. Please do not change your servers just for me, ask around and see if others would drive online if there was an automatic transmission option. I know F3 Fanatics has auto allowed. They all still spanked me. Not sure if anyone there noticed or cared that I drove auto...hint hint.

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I wish for 3 more wishes.

Joking, of course. I would like a slightly older spec F1 car, like other sims tend to do - e.g. the F2004 that was released elsewhere this week. They are very fun to drive, and would be awesome to have in the best sim around, physics-wise.

Then, a modern F1 car.

And then, an LMP1 car. These are the main types I'd like.

Then, coming to the game itself, I know it's in the pipeline, but at the moment it's pointless to use DX11 before it's released - extra HUD info. I tried using DX11, but you just know without trackmap you are just putting yourself at a disadvantage in a competitive arena like FSR. It does look better, but one doesn't do FSR for the nice graphics.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I say: learn shifting manual!
    Only way to be competitive.
    You have shifter paddels?

9. Skan

Skan Registered

@peterchen
    If it is not competitive then why not allow auto driving? I suspect it has nothing to do with any of that and more to do with the enjoyment that some people get out of shifting. That I can understand. Yes I have paddles. Yes I can use them. Not competitive with them and I get enjoyment out of seeing the fingerprint free paddles on my vintage el cheapo wheel. For those that don't know, the Logitech Momo USB is the wheel of champions. Hands down the pinnacle of Logitech's technological superiority. The Pinnacle! If you ask me, a manual transmission is a driving aid. Aww, you need complete control over every gear? Those were jokes and please don't take it any other way.

Not every manual is a paddle shifting experience.

@Ho3n3r
    It is not my place to judge your HUD use and trackmap addiction. I do wish those and your DX11 issues get sorted positively and peacefully. For the record there is no trackmap in my car outside and I would probably be livid if a HUD was all over my bird poop stained windshield. That siad a HUD and a Trackmap are driving aids but allowed. Meanies. Thread hijackers. I wish you made your own thread. More jokes. Don't pay me any attention, I don't.

@Logitech, that one was free. If my Momo had a metal base it could last forever. Send me the metal one you used to make the mold for the momo's plastic base bottoms, hint hint.

You think Logitech doesn't read these forums? Everyone (in sim racing) reads the rF2 forums. Whether they admit it or not is for another thread..

I do wish someone had the time, desire and lack of life required to recreate places to drive that have nothing to do with racing. Iconic places around the world? Imaginary iconic places ? a 300 ft tall dual parking garage structure? Build that ramp you wanted to make as a kid but make it for these cars. Build that dirt track in back of your house that your wife will divorce you for building, but build it for rF2 instead. We have all been to (or imagined) some place that we thought would be perfect to drive...well... let's drive on it. I'm typing it like it is that easy but I know it is the opposite. This is after all a wish list, despite what the guys above me typed.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Jeez, what have you smoked mate?? lol

11. dylbie

dylbie Registered

@Bjørn You've heard of #Jad-Spam... Now we introduce #Skan-Spam

12. dylbie

dylbie Registered

In all seriousness, go and buy BeamNG.Drive. It has everything you could ask for, and hands down the most realistic damage model anywhere, ever. It also has massive free roam maps, a vast selection of vehicles, and you can put ramps wherever you want.

13. Skan

Skan Registered

I have had beamng for a long time. It is great if I do not want to enjoy rF2 physics. It is also great if I feel like lifting the front wheels in a 1/4 mile beast among other fun stuff. It is not multi player other than allowing others to ride in the same car. Sadly, I see this is going to turn into a negativity fest so I will not post anything in this thread anymore. Enjoy.

14. Skan

Skan Registered

I'm messing with you, I know that no one in this fine community would be negative. I wish I could drive with everyone who typed so far all in the same race. Hint Hint. As for the skan spam, that is not what this is. This is merely wishing. I know there are other titles that do these things. I have all but rF1, ams, dirt4, pcars 1, those wrc titles and sebastian loeb (spelling?). Don't want those. In reality most of these wishes could come true if I could make the tracks and cars. You will probably meet someone from another world before that happens.
    Until the next skan spam wish list... I wish you all the best.

15. rer8

rer8 Registered

I am a long time rFactor player and have been called a "fanboy" by some. Yes I own other titles, but my favorite has been rfactor since the release of the original title for many years. This game replaced my Grand Prix Legends. I purchased and drove the primary competitive titles, but have remained an rFactor and rFactor 2 player. I wonder how many people remember the primary concern that rFacter (1) players had... I sure do. We had to search diligently for the correct car and track files in order to have online games. The promise of rFactor 2 was that the online mismatch conundrum would be addressed in this new title. But has ISI or Studio 397 fulfilled this "promise"? I don't think so.
    RFactor 2 has a dazzling array of cars, tracks, and excellent environmental and physics presentation, but sadly continues to have no "simple" solution to the mismatch issue requiring hours of add on preparation using brilliant third party addons and the use of drop box files to get the job done. Other titles are meeting this problem head on, but for some reason this title has failed to meet the requirement of matching online game component needs. I thought the move to Steam might be an answer to this perennial issue, but the truth is that it only exacerbates the issue.
    The bottom line question is, will this issue ever be addressed simply and competently? I fully expect to hear from many who will "shoot" the messenger rather than admit for all of the brilliant work that has been accomplished over many years, the leadership in game physics, appearance, and so many other things, there is still no simple internal mismatch solution that will provide for easy access to online game play.