Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

Great job s397. Loving the cars. Now go get them Ferrari and Porsche licenses ;)

GrimDad and The Iron Wolf like this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Maybe a bit of an odd request. Would it be possible for the release of the Bentley Factory skin template? That would make it pretty easy and pretty quick to be able to add those skins (Blancpain and PWC come to mind). Seems like a waste to repaint the whole car when essentially just needs different logos.

jayarrbee36 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Seems that panels need to be Polish, There is a lack of information.

4. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

excellent pack,now all we needs is a heap of skins, Can anyone do this please..Il be waiting...

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

That would be an issue for the plugin creators to fix.

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

No offense at all, but to make your point, you conveniently ignore the fact that I found the Mc Laren and Mercedes cockpit good enough (means at good RF2 standards).

So what are the reference I use in RF2?

RFTF1 2013 -before DX11-, URD EGT, URD T5, URD DTM, URD Japan Tourer, ISI AC Cobra, ISI BT20, GT3 World Series, some cars of APEX GT3 mod.

If to be honest you don't think the AC Cobra is superb, everyone has it's own preferences, I beg your pardon and persist with my bad taste.

If you rejoice seeing the starting grid of this mod, fine for you, for me it just wipes off any will to use those cars, I know I am a weird guy, and racing car lover, and again I am sorry to prefer the starting line of the GT3 World Series, or URD EGT with my skins and third party ones.

Here I cannot get rid of the skins I don't want, even if I can add mine or third party ones, as I can on free or not copy protected content (by repackaging).

And you are probably right, I am complaining just for the sake of it.

As these cockpits are right up there with AC or PCars, due to the superior physics, the number of players for RF2 will soar quickly in a few weeks, from the 330 to the the 2000 + of PCars 2 or 1500 of Assetto Corsa, and even surpass them.

Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Amanda Santini and Guimengo like this.
  7. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Only gonna drive the Radical till our race on Friday and then switch to the next one.
    Surprisingly lively and even more surprisingly a useful default setup.
    Granted we had no driving aids but after some acclimatization she was a beauty to drive but also quite challenging.
    I am not confident right now as to how I'm going to keep the rears from overheating over a long run but 1 hour of driving isn't enough to be worrying about that just yet.
    Don't care about anything else but the driving, except for replays not working for which I expect a fix to come out soon.
    The one thing they had to really get right is the handling and so far most everyone seem to be happy with it and I was real happy with the Rad.
    I would not have waited another day for this for the sake of more liveries, small visual bugs and whatnot.
    The servers were full of people driving the car having fun challenging themselves and racing each other.
    Everything else comes a distant second for me but will not criticize other people's desires, that's just me giving my own feedback.

lukilord1 and marmagas like this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I forgot to report about Performance in my post, after realising I had to manually select the 1109 Beta Build the FPS loss wasn't as bad as expected so I only had to lower Reflections and Visible Vehicles (from High/12 to Low/10) and it became roughly the same as before. Not a massive FPS loss by any means, if anything just higher poly models needing a bit more juice perhaps.

9. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

@Lgel, for my understanding: do you not like the cockpits of those cars in real life, or do you not like the 3D-model + textures of those cockpits ingame?

10. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

New damage system is welcome but damage shaders (scratches and dents) doesn't look good, maybe we need something more detailed (like AC damage shaders) and to add damage shaders to windshield and lights too

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I remind you I found the Mercedes and Mc Laren good enough (means by RF2 standards, not PCars 2 as can be seen from YT videos) (see my original post).

It's the rendering of the cockpits and textures in game of the Callaway, and the Bentley, I feel are not up to par (they are brand new in DX11, not a conversion from old DX9 models, with the new shaders).

The Bentley being a very difficult case because it is spartan, so quality of existing details, lighting, and textures are very important (I prefer for instance GT3World series Bentley cockpit).

Those cockpits are not helped at all by the ugly racing gloves that are fitted to the drivers.
    If interested see https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/hands-model.56542/#post-916597

Am I wrong to expect a better job from S397 than from third party modders, when it is the first DLC they produce, at a moment they intend to change the general perception gamers have of RF2 of poor graphics?

Cheers.

Guimengo likes this.
  12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

How is it possible to release a pack of DLC like this? Why didnt you make some nice skins while waiting for final approval from manufacturers? Whats the point in having a GT3 pack if you cannot race a grid of e.g. 4 of each car? :rolleyes:

13. Christos Segkounas

1)Go to the track you want to race and add opponents manually
    Even if they were to add skins for every car you cannot expect to add an exact equal amount of skins for each model?

2)In the session settings choose the opponents manually
    Go to the game's folder and save the session into another folder.
    Every time you are done doing something else with RF2 and want to recreate this session just grab the saved one and replace the game's one with it.
    Have not tried to see if it works with opponent selection but it works with everything else such as weather conditions, realroad etc etc so it should work just fine.
    I'm not at the PC atm but I can remember that the file you want to be saving that contains all this info is the player.json file in the player folder.
    Every time you restore your copy of this file it will restore the exact same session settings.

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thanks. BUT. Question still stands - where are the skins? Where is the immersion and realism in racing 4 identical Mercs, Callaways and Bentleys?

15. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I really liked the result of the skin-contest they did with the first Radical, why not do this for every mod? Personally I don't care if the skins are fictional, but at least we got a lot of variety with 'realistic'-looking skins.

16. Christos Segkounas

Well, thing is even if they were to add some skins for every car, there would still be an uneven number of cars from each model because they wouldn't have the same number of skins.
    So if you wanted to have a few of each car you'd still have to edit the session manually so the above solutions should serve one well either way.
    As for the lack of skins, I would expect that they WILL be adding skins soon enough, just are a little perplexed they haven't given us a bit of feedback on that so we would know what to expect.
    Unless they already have on Discord or something and it has escaped me.

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I dont know why you expect that? Dont you think they would have mentioned something like that in the release notes?

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Good try, but you can't save your opponents list (asked for years by RF2 players).
    Cheers.

19. Christos Segkounas

I don't know man, I feel that, unless there are very specific reasons dictating this (licenses or something), they would absolutely want to add more liveries otherwise people would have good reason to complain.
    It's something I want to ask directly on Discord tonight unless someone else beats me to it and gets a clear answer.

20. Christos Segkounas

Bummero_O