FreeTrack not working in 64bit

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rocketjockeyr6, Sep 29, 2017.

1. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Is anyone currently using TrackIR or related product in 64 bit mode?

It works if I force 32 bit, but then I am limited to 15 or so cars(AI), and my current favourite F1 mod wont even launch in 32 bit alone in Practice.

I looked in the bin/64/plugins folder, and there was a TrackIR_rf2_plugin.dll
    Ive looked around online, people say they have TrackIR_rf2_plugin_x64.dll I dont have this file...

I deleted the file in the bin/64/plugins folder, went into Steam, verified integrity; it said, "1 file failed integrity, files will be reacquired." It downloaded, installed, I checked; still no "x64" in the dll, just plain "TrackIR_rf2_plugin.dll"

The software is indeed working in 32 bit mode, and with my flight sim, just not 64 bit mode of rFactor 2.
    If there is in fact supposed to be a "TrackIR_rf2_plugin_x64.dll" file in the bin/64 folder, could someone kindly post a onedrive/etc link for that file? I would be most appreciative. :D

Cheers,
    rocket

2. Corti

Corti Registered

If you look the name of the file is the same for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. "TrackIR_rF2_Plugin.dll"
    Change the version 64 is a little bigger.
    [​IMG]

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

_x64 was what ISI used/recommended early on for 64-bit plugins, then a few years ago they suggested plugin developers just use the same name for both. That would be why you're seeing people mention it, probably an older version they had/have.

Corti likes this.
  4. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Hmm. It is indeed bigger. Someone kindly posted a link with a copy of their dll file and I still cant get it to work...
    I am still in DX9, might this have some effect? Most recent build, 1108 I believe.

Remember, it does in fact work if I force 32 bit, nothing else required, it just limits which mods I can use and the amount of AI... I like a field of 30+ cars, and for the most part(mod depending), my system can handle 39 AI plus me.

Thanks again guys.
    Cheers
    rocket